Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quinn doesn't really look rangerish enough to me. I'm sure that's not her final design, however, and I'm willing to bet that there's room for alteration. Mostly, I take exception to the helmet. Too metallic looking. Now, if it were a leather helmet? I could dig that. Nobody is going to be trekking through hot climates like forests, jungles, deserts or cold climates like mountaintops while tracking someone while wearing a metal helmet. It's just not practical, and Quinn is, from what I understand, supposed to be about practicality. The legs could use a bit less plate and a bit more light armor. Girl's gotta be able to run, after all.

AORainmaka

02-13-2013

I freaking love this.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
This. Someone else who seems to have noticed. All of his champion designs are his wife.
I keep hearing this but I've never seen her. Pics?

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
People don't like the fact she's not a typical feminine female and so they are expressing their marrow minded views about the topic by downvoting him.
Thats not it at all. Its she's boring, and wearing Leona's armor.

Yaddar

02-13-2013

as a visual designer myself, one thing that makes me a lot of noise about Quinn is the colour palette... she is a ranger, she lives in the forest, she tracks people... a green-brown-black colour could have make her more visually on-line with the fact that she is not a city girl.. the blue just seems.. off (and I know it was chosen to make her more demacia-y and to match valor's colours but still..)

another note, gold and silver (or light brwon and light grey) doesn't usually match when used a lot in combination

also, we have to note snipers actually paint BLACK everything metallic they have, a reflection can ruin a perfect ambush either during day or night, now that I think of it, all the "gold and silver" (or metallic/light brown - like, in her weapon/helmet) makes me more noise than the blue instead of green.

don't missunderstand me, I DO like her (must buy for me), but I do think she could have been a more down-to-earth champion (while valor is in the air, anyways), the armor yes, I like the fantasy motiff, but its a bit "too much" for a "non city girl"

also, like the first post in this page said, the legs - too much plate.

Attilian

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Because we don't like the way Quin looks in Leona's Armor.

That looks nothing like Leona's armor....she looks pretty badass IMO.

Chibodee Crocket

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
He designed Skarner. I dont think Skarner is his wife.
Now look at all of his female champions.

Also. Damn link always breaks just look at IronStylus on lolwikia.
Leona and Diana are the main 2 he has designed, he had an input on skarner not the whole concept.

Adultratedhydra

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
I'm not reading this whole thread. Why did parrot get down votes so hard?
Insecure men are intimidated when they see a woman who can break them in half.

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
That looks nothing like Leona's armor....she looks pretty badass IMO.
Go look at Iron Solari, and Quin side by side.

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

Fully clothed females with gear for field work and they actually look like females.