Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Lol? Sure am the Minority, the minotirty that doesn't suck PArrot balls. Her design is boring, and very trashy. Even from her lore, i would expect a rough, not fully armored "ranger". Think Exiled Riven with a crossbow and bird. But this? this is simply Leona with a bird.
When IS said "Expect her to be as covered as Iron Solari Leona" I thought, you know, covered. Not literally looking like Iron Solari Leona painted blue.

Genericke

02-13-2013

I don't understand why Ironstylus is getting downvotes.

In my opinion, Quinn looks really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing her in game, and seeing how she plays out. I think Ironstylus did a really good job with her.

The bird crossbow mix is something that I think is going to lead to some really fun and interesting gameplay. I hope these silly responses don't bring the parrot down, because I for one find Quinn fantastic .

Noraver

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Some quick context:

Quinn used to be a guy, then I turned her into a woman. That woman is a ranger, she's prepared for a fight, she's wearing thicker armor but not plate aside from key places where she would have to interact with an enemy's face.

Quinn was not designed to be in a skin-tight outfit. That was tried, and look, again, like a woman with a cape, in a skin tight outfit, which had been worked to death by Zyra, Syndra, Elise, and Diana. She does not care about looking feminine, she cares about utility. Baggy fatigues which have hardened pockets, knee pads to dig into the ground to take a shot, no exposed flesh to take a graze.
Thanks for the feedback. Thanks for understanding where we're coming from. This isn't just me. This is part of something larger. Pendulums will swing, you'll get your stripped down heroes. Quinn is not one of them and we're proud of that.
This is coming from the guy who thinks the community wants more of those stupid futurtistic/robot skins.

I'm sorry IronStylus, I really do respect you, but I think you went in the wrong direction on this one, and with your futuristic skins in general.
I swear, if she has a futuristic skin, I'm going to absolutely freak out. This game is just getting too far away from what it used to be. I came to play a fantasy game, not a game that starts fantasy-like and gets invaded by robots from the future every patch.

Saikaici

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Some quick context:

Quinn was not designed to be in a skin-tight outfit. That was tried, and look, again, like a woman with a cape, in a skin tight outfit, which had been worked to death by Zyra, Syndra, Elise, and Diana. She does not care about looking feminine, she cares about utility. Baggy fatigues which have hardened pockets, knee pads to dig into the ground to take a shot, no exposed flesh to take a graze.
Honestly we're looking for another girl like Lux. That's why we're disappointed. We want another girl that has personality, but not the hypersexualized component like Elise, has had.

What's missing is the cute dress component. Something magical girlish overall as a design would be nice.

Something that generally fits the theme of http://sorubania.tumblr.com/archive
Something that says she's fighting capable, but cute. Lux is the closest champ that has a "cute and stylish" theme on a girl.

We've been dying for our true magical girl champion. Not armor, we have that with Leona, Diana, and a few others. We have our girl champions with resolve, toughness. Irelia, Riven, and Vi fill those spots well. Cute teenage girl champs? Not so much. Young teenage guy champs? Not many younger champs at all. Ezreal, Lux, (Maybe Riven,Vayne) fill pretty much the whole late teenager to early twenties age bracket.

That's my take. I've been hoping for Orianna for a beautiful girl, not in their boobs or butt, but who is interesting, fighting with their skill, a mixture of cloth armor, maybe some leather.

I want champions that I can identify with and say, that's someone that's sort of realistic. Besides personality, I can highly identify with Ezreal. He's roughly my age. He wants to make his place in the world. He wants to prove he's great at what he does.

Lux on the other hand, is beautiful, but doesn't bring the boobs-in-your-face approach, or try and pull off any tricks other than being a very pretty younger girl that could be one you could actually meet on the street.

The correspond to life. We want that. The female champions are hard to identify with. Vi? Oh, she likes to punch stuff up. Okay. Syndra? Obsessed with power, wants to rule everything? Okay. Elise, a hypersexualized spider, ridiculous heels, boobs in your face. Okay.

But there's no cute girls my age, besides Lux. That's why we're dying for a Lux Magical Girl Skin. We want cutesy on a non-yordle level. Lulu is great, a good champion, but she just can't fill that sort of "other cute" champion spot.

Want cute, please.

Aeries69

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon bright View Post
when is said "expect her to be as covered as iron solari leona" i thought, you know, covered. Not literally looking like iron solari leona painted blue.
lol

Grimalkin II

02-13-2013

Butthurt. Butthurt Everywhere!

Sincarnation

02-13-2013

Iron was a bit defensive,reasonably so, but I wouldnt say he was ******y about it. My only problem was that he only seemed to address the armor in a way that made it seem like we didnt like it because it wasn't sexy.
Personally I think I've had enough champs in that art style. Leona and Diana were great but Quinn seems to be cutting it close on similarity. As someone eloquently stated above me she looks like Iron Solari Leona painted blue with a gun instead of her typical weapons
love the tidbit on Elise and Zyra would never have guessed that, but Im not an artist. Also the same person who did Naut did lulu and ziggs? Out of left field never saw it coming, but I love all 3 of those champs

Crazed Lemmings

02-13-2013

So uh... why is Iron Stylus being downvoted? Thought his explanation was pretty clear. And Quinn is a pretty stellar looking champion. I'm stoked. (prepare for downvotes for saying something positive)

Avalon Bright

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
I don't understand why Ironstylus is getting downvotes.
Take some time to read posts and you'll see why. She looks horrible. Her design looks exactly like Iron Solari Leona in differently colored armor, and being kitted out in all this fancy, flashy gear is counter-intuitive to both her character background and her profession as a tracker.

She doesn't look like anything we'd been made to expect from the teasers thus far, and everything like IS' usual penchant for designing nothing but champs fully decked out in armor from with figures so androgynous they may as well be men anyway. :\

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Oh yeah, Leona is definitely one of the manliest looking characters I've ever seen. You're so full of ****.
then why would he design a female in HEAVY armor and you can tell by face,curves and boobs that, that's a female and she means business. Quinn just looks like a confused teenage girl.