Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chibodee Crocket

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma View Post
I believe Iron stylus did the artwork? i think Iron stylus does his artwork a little differently then most artists. you can see with the way he does Leona and Diana, he prefers armour over the *** apeal. that doesnt bother me. i think she looks pretty cool, another leona style art. you may not like it now, but i garuntee once you get to see a bit more of her, you'll like it. Iron Stylus has never let us down before, and i don't think he will start here.
Once again Iron Stylus shows his fetish for making champions resemble his wife be it look wise or personality. Leona, Diana and now Quin.

Also it's getting rather old how champion concepts are getting their gender changed and then looking bland. This chick looks like a rule 63 Jarvan, which is a shame because the original concept art for this design looked amazing.

Here is the original concept art which got made into her.

SlumlordThanatos

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krofinn View Post
I think your friends watch too much anime, where men look like women and women look even more like women.
Unfortunately, you are absolutely right.

Hextech Kyubey

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insectomancer View Post
Well, that's the only released image of her so far, and it is "the basis of what i think of a champ" It's the only basis i have so far to form any opinions on her.
fair enough. I just think that a discussion like this is kinda pointless when that's all we have

Krofinn

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Unfortunately, you are absolutely right.
I lol'd.

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Maybe J4 is her older brother or uncle?

GiottoXIII

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikaici View Post
Instead of what everyone wants (Pretty, no cheap shots with big boobs or butts), we get armor girl. Riot, you know why so many of us like Lux? Because she's attractive due to her style and is realistically pretty. I say realistically, relative to other champs in LoL.

Recently a red remarked that they failed to convey Vayne's Demacian-ness. I don't think Vayne needed to identify strongly as Demacian, neither should she. Quinn looks like the product of what Vayne would have been if she tried to strongly promote Demacia.

realistically pretty? your sense of realism is horribly skewed in terms of realism no one looks that perfect not even super models dude... {photoshop+ airbrushing} this is a game we should be able to expect and demand perfection. I'm not saying everyone has to look generically similar but i understand where ppl who are confused/ angry about her gender are coming from... without proper gender cues quinn falls horribly flat on her face in terms of classifying her as a male or a female... The fact that we have to rely on a name/riots comments/and lore to distinguish a champion is a little worrisome

Dainyan

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
Cause not one feature on her looks like it is a girl. If you showed me a picture of her and then leona and said which one is a guy i would 100% go with that guy looking girl. She doesn't even have boobs cause how big her armor is.
Uh...

You can see her boobs lol.

Naezma

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumblyJebus View Post
i see what riot means about having to over sexualize the women to make them look like women. that looks like a man.
They should just make her have boobs or a tighter suit.

Those are indeed MAN colors, no woman curves, and a MAN stance.

..But I'll still buy her knowing me.

JevelFaithful

02-13-2013

I like her style, she actually looks kinda masculine/rough. A very nice change.
Ironically, her armor made me think "Jarvan".

inb4 people call her vayne 2.0. she turns out to be the oposite of vayne.

@Naezma & JumblyJebus : she indeed looks like a male. But the armor and stance doesn't help. that personally encourages me to buy her.

xMysteryx

02-13-2013

I thought it was a guy til I read comments. Design is alright I would like them to go a bit out of the box more. She reminds me more of swain/leona than swain/vayne though