Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Why does it seem like NO ONE realizes that she looks like a female Jarvan IV...

Did that happen

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detahmaio View Post
Not really if you are going to give someone a image with writing to prepared to draw the concept. The current concept looks to silly to match the writing I don't care if she doesn't have big boobs I like leona and diana and they are fully armored females.
but they look like girls this chick doesn't look anything like a girl.

SlumlordThanatos

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
Cause not one feature on her looks like it is a girl. If you showed me a picture of her and then leona and said which one is a guy i would 100% go with that guy looking girl. She doesn't even have boobs cause how big her armor is.
I did that, in fact. Just now, to both of my roommates. Both of them refered to Quinn as "he" when I asked for observations. It's not just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakyoin Noriaki View Post
Why does it seem like NO ONE realizes that she looks like a female Jarvan IV...
I did...

Saikaici

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Instead of what everyone wants (Pretty, no cheap shots with big boobs or butts), we get armor girl. Riot, you know why so many of us like Lux? Because she's attractive due to her style and is realistically pretty. I say realistically, relative to other champs in LoL.

Recently a red remarked that they failed to convey Vayne's Demacian-ness. I don't think Vayne needed to identify strongly as Demacian, neither should she. Quinn looks like the product of what Vayne would have been if she tried to strongly promote Demacia.

GiottoXIII

02-13-2013

quinn needs help in terms of her design... but i am excited there's another new character getting kinda tired of all the bruisers/ supports lately

Dainyan

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
I would prefer it if I could simply tell at a glance that she was female. I showed this picture to my roommate and asked for observations, and he refered to Quinn as "he" the entire time.

It's just disappointing, I hoped for some hair, and a face that doesn't look like a dude from an anime.
I must be blind or something (or maybe I don't watch enough anime any more), but she looks feminine to me.

I can see how at a quick look over, your roommate might assume she's male. I think that stems more from the fact that women are not typically depicted this way. However, you can still clearly see that she has a feminine body (read: boobs, small waist, and hips).

Krofinn

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
I did that, in fact. Just now, to both of my roommates. Both of them refered to Quinn as "he" when I asked for observations. It's not just me.

I did...
I think your friends watch too much anime, where men look like women and women look even more like women.

Winestain

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5taroth View Post
she looks more like Jarven if you ask me. still we haven't seen her model or her splash art so I don't think a single picture with distorted colors should be the basis of what you think of a champ
Well, that's the only released image of her so far, and it is "the basis of what i think of a champ" It's the only basis i have so far to form any opinions on her.

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
but they look like girls this chick doesn't look anything like a girl.
We are arguing the same point see my post page 2 below.

''Looks like a anime guy and he put the wrong chest plate armor on. I hope the in-game abilities aren't as boring looking as the concept design.''

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krofinn View Post
I think your friends watch too much anime, where men look like women and women look even more like women.
That's a MAN....man....