Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flames of Rage

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medroid View Post
Caleb*
Time to super edit, THANKS

Xaelse

02-13-2013

What's wrong with her armor? it's like it's all "LOL, RIOT WE NEED CLEAVAGE, GIVE US CLEAVAGE" I'm happy they made this champion armored, like Kayle, I don't mind a little cleavage, but we can't always have cleavage guys...

Dryad Soraka

02-13-2013

REVEAL WHERe?

Lauren Faust

02-13-2013

Every time I see cool art like this, it makes me wish I had even a shred of artistic talent.

My only criticism is the head piece thing seems almost a little obstructive. Maybe it's just me though. Just looks a little "grand" for the type of character I had imagined. Still, great though. Can't wait to see the skill set.

F Zer0

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptDictator View Post
I love the theme and Valor looks awesome, but I really dislike the look of her armor. Wonder what the alt skin will be like?
dislike armor because no skin is showing lol

KT Samurai

02-13-2013

This is a brilliant design. The armor has lots of style and actually looks like something a combatant would wear in a fight and to keep safe in the elements. There's even no boob armor.

You guys really stepped it up this time around. Cannot wait for this champ!

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Just noticed the posts saying 'insta buy' are all down-voted, why? I see no reason for it? Or is the community QQing because she isn't showing cleavage....... TT

SlumlordThanatos

02-13-2013

So, since my thread got downvoted into oblivion, maybe I can get some thoughts here.

I am sad to say that I am less than impressed. Quinn basically looks like a slender Jarvan IV. In fact, I am hard-pressed to see any distinguishing female features. She seriously looks like she has a male face on a slender male's body. I can't see that she is female from a distance, and I feel like this missed the mark. Strong females are good, but the effect is lost if she doesn't look like she's a woman.

I mean, the character looks nice. But I was expecting something more feminine. She has a bad case of man-face. Short hair is okay. Armor is okay. But I still feel like you should be able to distinguish a champion's gender from a glance.

In fact, I showed her art to my friend who just started playing LoL and asked for observations. He couldn't tell she was female until I told him.

IronStylus, I am by no means advocating that you oversexualize this game's female characters. But when your female characters are indisinguishable from your male characters...perhaps it is time to tone back the armor.

Now, Leona and Kayle are among my favorite champions. That being said, they are still easily distinguished as female, either through their armor design or other physical features (Although in Kayle's case, her default skin is a bit ambigious. However, the angel wings makes it an easier sell.). Quinn lacks anything along those lines. The face guard/crown thingie obscures her upper head, and she has short hair. Her jaw line looks very manly, as well, and kinda feels...off, for lack of a better term.

But then again, this isn't even the splash art, this is merely a teaser. Who knows, I may be suprised when she is actually put on the PBE and I see some splash art. Or maybe her release skin will bring some of her feminine side out. I just like being able to tell my characters are female.

However, first impressions have killed a fair chunk of the exitement I had for Quinn. That being said, I'm still optimistic. I can't wait to see her release skin, splash art, and in-game model, meaning I have several opportunities to be suprised.

Anyway, just some first impressions on Quinn, and a few things I feel could be done better on any future skins for her. Any thoughts?

Medroid

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Rage View Post
"After a Long Day's work"

Winds blowing over a flourishing forest several miles away from the Golden City, a nimble markswoman sat upon a thick branch with her partner circling above. Sitting legs crossed, head tilted back with plenty of shade keeping her cool while the sun shone high in the sky, Quinn let herself sink into her own thoughts as her partner Valor kept an eye out after a tiring job of capturing a few runaways on today's mission. Quinn kept her eyes closed by all her other senses free, hearing the forest and it's subtle charm, the wind and feeling it's movement and cool breeze against her face, the comforting and familiar aroma of the forest; she sunk into a memory.

------

"Caleb! Caleb!!" shouted a young girl, perhaps entering pubescence. A young male with brown hair of similar age looked over from the pond he was sitting at, his feet dipped deep into the water.

"What is it Quinn? Can't you see I'm trying to relax?" said Caleb as he scowled towards Quinn's direction. Quinn ran up to Caleb from amongst the trees of the forest, knee high in dirt and a few smudges on her face.

"You won't believe what I found brother!" squealed Quinn. Caleb took note as his little sister was normally a bit on the tomboyish side, but today she seemed all uppity and excited over something. A broad grin grew onto Caleb's face as he stood up to confront his sibling.

Caleb dried himself off as he prepared to put his boots back on as to put on his hand carved bow onto his torso as he prepared his gear. "Alright alright! What got your arrows in a bunch today? Did you kill another rabbit for today's lunch? Or perhaps you finally got a boar? Don't tell me you actually buck did you? Even I didn't get one of those yet!" Quinn's excitement was affecting Caleb as he looked at her big blue eyes that gleamed every so brightly.

Quinn shook her head as her the giant smile etched across her faced was unwavered, showcasing her nice set of teeth. "Nope nope and triple nope! Even better brother, even better! Follow me!" shouted Quinn as she ran off back to where she came from. Caleb quickly grabbed the remaining arrows and hustled over to where Quinn dashed off to.

The sounds of twigs and leaves being crushed under the soles of two young hunters echoed with enthusiasm. After several yards, few twists and turns, and a couple of big hopes, Caleb caught up to his sister who was squatting with her arm around her legs. Caleb walked up slowly, trying to make as little noise as possible as he looked over Quinn's shoulder. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"That's....That's....A BLUE FALCON EGG!" shouted Caleb. Quinn quickly bonked her brother on the head as she made the hush hush motion. Quinn didn't want bigger animals to come around needlessly. The Blue Falcons were extraordinarily rare, with very few ever seen besides in the far mountains North of Demacia. It was said only the most valiant of heroes could obtain one of these majestic creatures. They wouldn't heed man or any other creature for they were righteous, intelligent and ever so mighty. They were awed and somewhat feared, rightfully so, as they flew across the skies, respected by by all.

Only one other Blue Falcon have been seen with humans, or anyone for that matter, in all of recorded history. The first belonging to King Jarvan the First, when he paved way to the foundations of Demacia he was said to be extremely resourceful, using nature against his foes and during one of the biggest bouts of his life he was able to recruit the help of one of these Blue Falcons when hope seemed lost.

The second heir of such a noble and exclusive fellowship could be either one of the two children standing before the egg at this very moment. "Say Quinn....how did you ever come across this?"

After being silent for since their arrival, simply staring at the egg fondly, Quinn spoke up. "I was simply on watch, seeing if I could get any game for today's meals when I spotted this giant blue eggs out of the corner of my eye. It didn't have a mother bird anywhere nearby, and the egg is way off for where the rest of the Blue Falcons normally are! So I made sure to keep it well hidden and I got you. End of story!" Quinn was still in awe of her discovery as she watched the egg blue hue with her matching eyes.

A rustle echoed nearby.

Caleb and Quinn when into red alert, taking opposite positions, back to back with bows armed and arrows locked on. Caleb took the front to where he heard the rustle while Quinn watched his back, each having half of the forest to watch. They both stood silently for a few seconds before Caleb spoke up. "Quinn from the sound of it, I guess a wolf, midway to his prime, so not as big as the fully grown ones but still full of fight in 'em."

"Yeah....and wolves travel in packs...by the way things look, about....3 at the very least 5 tops." Quinn's eyes were as sharp as the head of her arrow, her bright blue eyes glaring out into fray. Another rustle as growls erupted around around the children. However, that wasn't all, the egg began to crack and shake as the newborn Blue Falcon was about to break free.

Caleb cursed as he things were getting a bit sticky for his liking. Quinn's palms were starting to get sweaty, the timing was absolutely horrible for the little bird to be born. The pair of them were still young, nerves still not forged into steel despite their years in the forest. "Caleb, there they are....you can handle your half can't you?" asked Quinn. A scoff was her brother's way of saying "Of course!" Quinn always knew how to get her brother going, and by doing so, she got her nerves in check.

It was time. Quinn wasn't off in numbers, not by much, as 3 wolves on each side made their way towards the seemingly easy prey that stood before their fangs. Little did these beast know that these two, although young, weren't to be taken lightly. Caleb went first, grabbing onto a nearby branch and pulling himself up in one go, firing 3 arrows consecutively with speed pass his age or physique. One arrow landed perfectly in between the eyes of the wolf on the far left, the other two not so much. One wolf got shot onto it's back, not a kill shot, but enough to cause it a bit of trouble as the third missed completely. Caleb admitted to himself that Quinn would probably trump him this round, not unusual though, she had really good aim.

Quinn turned around, ran at the tree Caleb jumped up to, got a few feet up it's side and kicked off, performing an unimaginable agile back-flip, firing down three shots at the same time. Two of them landed square center of the skull of the wolves, while the third, went through the heart of the final wolf. Caleb wasn't going to be left too far behind as he jumped down, sending a blade deep into the unharmed wolf, sending it straight to it's chest, then pivoting to his left, to cut at the head of the neck wolf, giving it a killing blow after.

The two children fell to the ground as they took in deep breaths, the adrenaline slowly wearing off, their hearts pounding against their chest. They looked at each other with a smirk as they wiped the sweat off their face. Right as they were about to speak, a beautiful melody rang through their ears. During the whole exchange with the wolves, the Blue Falcon was singing. Quinn and Caleb hardly noticed due to their focus, mixed in with fear and excitement. The two archers moved on closer to the Blue Falcon as it sang it's tune. Soon after it finished the Blue Falcon cooed at it's saviors, knowing very well what had transpired. However, Caleb winced as he held onto his right arm as Quinn let out a cry.

“Caleb what happened?! When did you get bitten?!” exclaimed Quinn. Caleb was already using his shirt as a bandaged, sweat continuing to drip down his face. “It's no biggie Quinn, I killed it before it could do too much damage.” Caleb gave a brave smile as he dismissed his wound. Quinn tried to smile back but she had a bad feeling about this.

------

Quinn opened her eyes to see Valor perched on the branch across from her. Valor already knew Quinn as well as he knew himself. Quinn was remembering the day Valor chose her to be his partner and the day Caleb received the wound that would end up killing him years later in a crucial fight for their lives, eventually sacrificing himself to the betterment of the mission and of course, for Val's and her own life. Quinn knew that when she entered the League that she would be tested and that Caleb's death would be the center point, but she knew just as well that it wasn't the easiest thing for her to deal with. She worked hard to become someone Caleb could be proud of, to reach both of their dreams in his absence, and now she was soaring even higher than before. It just wasn't the same without him though.

Valor cooed; reminiscent of how the first time Quinn heard Val's coo, she took of her head piece and set it down onto her lap, her hair that was on top of the rest when donning the head piece fell forward. Her bands flowed freely now. Despite her strong and calculative demeanor, once her bangs flowed out, she was quite the beauty, albeit a more fearsome beauty with her head piece. Quinn let out a sigh as she motioned for Valor, giving him a small bet as she tried to hold back her feelings that were slowly festering inside her chest. A small tear dropped her left cheek as the wind picked up, blowing her hair out of her face.

“It's no biggie Caleb,” thought Quinn, “it's only up from here brother.”

Edit: Thanks Medroid :B I was wondering why his name sounded weird :B
Your welcome

Fuzen kuden

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
she looks like a man >:|