Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

02-13-2013

The Iron Solari is strong with this one. I feel like Stylus is sort of repeating himself a bit. It might be a really good champion, and I hope she has a good release skin. It sounds like Riot is pretty excited about some novel gameplay mechanics with this champion, too, whatever those are.

I know Thresh grew on me even when I wasn't excited about his release, so I don't want to go by my first impression too much. Looking forward to PBE release.

EDIT: tldr: Visual theme is Iron Solari Vayne.

ChromeFalcon

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
read what I said further in that very same post. She's a falconer and tracker. The very concept of her being kitted out in full plate is completely ridiculous and entirely counter-intuitive to her entire character, all for the sake of the "Cover women up" agenda Iron Stylus has going on.
Who the hell cares?

Armored champions is basically what IronStylus does. I dont see why you have to be such an annoying feminist about this. It has nothing to do with him wanting to cover up women as much as possible.

Steam Store

02-13-2013

Champion looks very cool, however her armor looks very similar to talons. I don't know if this is intentional or not as both wear kinda a light plate/leather getup. I always thought Talon looked more like a Demacian than he did a Noxian. Talons default skin has blues and reds on it (similar to Demacian colors) and doesn't meet the Noxian feel. What I mean by Noxian feel is how many of their champions wear semi ragged and menacing equipment (black leather, skulls, spikes, chaos looking stuff).

If you read my post Iron Stylus, what goes into the aesthetic planning between Noxians and Demacians?

Shinrasaa

02-13-2013

Quote:
Once again--League has yet to have a long-haired, unhelmeted female since Ahri. As in, over a year.

Diana was made to look as androgynous as possible to the point that her default skin doesn't even HAVE visible breasts (and before you say LOL U JUST WANT DDDDD CUPS, I actually prefer smaller figures. Smaller, not nonexistent.)

Vi was specifically made to be butch from head to toe, from the short hair (shaved on the side!) to her general demeanor, etc. Though I do love Neon Strike.

Iron Stylus has made it clear in nearly every post he makes he's fully against the concept of femininity and skin, and it shows through in every single champ he shows off. So I don't know what you're talking about.
Sooo....Zyra doesn't count? She has no helmet and relatively long hair...

And I remind you that it was the "feminists" (using the word loosely here) who were crying for covered up female champs just a while ago....

The doom koala

02-13-2013

Quote:
Once again--League has yet to have a long-haired, unhelmeted female since Ahri. As in, over a year.
Around that time, I seem to remember an outcry with a large forum following about how "All female champs are supermodel sexy in ****ty clothes with superboobs, we want more conservative females! How about some in armor, or some melee fighters or tomboys?"

Now, I doubt this is actually the case, but imagine for a minute they're just responding to that feedback? Just doing what the vocal community wants!
Can't please everyone all the time, etc.

ChromeFalcon

02-13-2013

Females are apparently either too covered up or showing too much.

Riot cant strike a balance for these people.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeFalcon View Post

Because you need to be in armor to be covered. At least the armor could be a cool one that goes with her theme<.

And we aren't even talking about how ishe's basically iron solari leon with other colors

phattank

02-13-2013

Quote:
Zyra, GG

Splinterheart

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeFalcon View Post

I'd just ignore both sides at this point and make whichever they feel like in whatever quantity and order. The community is impossible to please...

Eltheran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Possible skins (on fast though):
-Mecha/Gundam-like (depending on skillset here really)
-Some kind of Tribe/Viking/Barbarian Hunter skin