Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bogieman

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestitor View Post
Jarvan has green eyes, Garen has gray eyes, Sona has hazel eyes Galio has rock person eyes. Xin I'm fairly sure has brown eyes as well but he's Ionian.
Lux has blue eyes, Vayne (which apparently IronStylus didn't know existed before this character) has blue eyes in her vindicator and dragonslayer skin.

2 Demacians have blue eyes.
Garen has blue eyes - notice his Dradknight and Rugged arts as well as Pool Party Ziggs's art, Jarvan has fair blue eyes, Lux and Vayne have blue eyes, Fiora has blue eyes, Xin and Sona were both born in Ionia (though Sona has blue eyes on her new art).
Don't you think this is just... boring?

Axxuka

02-13-2013

Thresh is already out since 3 weeks... Guess we will have to wait another week or two for Quinn since she's not even on PBE yet :/...

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
Interesting; glad to see a female who isn't overly-sexualized for once.

Any ideas or ETA on when we can know her mechanics?

Winktoblink

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody119 View Post
i have one problem, this is the 3rd crossbow in the game... why no other weapons?
Want to start counting how many swords there are? Yet characters with swords are completely different from eachother. (Garen != Leona != Diana != Riven...)

Also I believe two of those crossbows are owned by Vayne, who is just one champ~

Prince Kassad

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogieman View Post
Yeah. I mean not only do brown / hazel eyes look better with blue armor than blue eyes but having ANOTHER blue-eyed Demacian is just monotonic.
People think blues eyes are pretty, so beautiful blue-eyed people are given lots of focus in movies, advertisements, and paintings. The next generation who sees all that media begins to associate the blue eyes as being more beautiful than the brown eyes, so the cycle repeats itself.

I really wish that there were more positive portrayals of dark features in the media. Riot doesn't have many black, brown, or olive-skinned human champs, and I would appreciate seeing more of them.

Mugguffen

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxuka View Post
Thresh is already out since 3 weeks... Guess we will have to wait another week or two for Quinn since she's not even on PBE yet :/...
we just got her design like an hour ago, you're expecting instant PBE?

phattank

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winktoblink View Post
Want to start counting how many swords there are? Yet characters with swords are completely different from eachother. (Garen != Leona != Diana != Riven...)

Also I believe two of those crossbows are owned by Vayne, who is just one champ~
Twitch.

Ssasin

02-13-2013

Bout time for an adc that counters draven

ricedream5

02-13-2013

Does Quinn approve of you spending so much buying her that armor?

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
Sad to say she looks absolutely horrible. She looks way too manly, the armor's barely any different from Iron Solari other than recolored, it's WAY too clanky and metallic for someone that's supposed to (apparently) be sneaky, careful, etc.

Even her stance is masculine and 'butch' and there's no air of femininity about her whatsoever. Her armor is strapped down so much you can't even tell she's a woman, and the facial detailing makes her look more like a pretty boy than a female.

Furthermore I've joked (somewhat) with you about it on Twitter, but...you really CAN'T draw anyone without some kind of helmet, can you? I mean, it was a joke at first, but .. the last female champ that's had both long hair and no clunky helmet or hat...was Ahri. I said it on Twitter and I'll say it again. That is messed up.

Even removing the helmet would go a long way to an improvement, but the armor looks seriously out of place as well. Yes, she has leather beneath it, but between the breastplate, greaves, gauntlets, etc, she's practically covered in plate EVERYWHERE anyway.

I love ADC and I've been waiting for a female one for a LONG time... but this alt skin better make up for a LOT of design issues. She has a mantle that can't even be pulled up because of that helmet in the way. What's the point of it then? She'd look much better hooded if you MUST cover her up for some reason, with hair visible past the hood's opening. She's a falconer and a tracker. Why is she in shiny heavy plate from head to toe, when Valor could NOT grasp onto smooth plate gauntlets, and sunlight could give away her position easily as it reflects off the metal, and moving around would be difficult at best?

Why is she not in simple, easy to move leather gear such as leather pants and a tunic or vest? Neither of those require skin being shown off at all, but your attitudes towards women looking like women extends so far that she needs to be covered up to the point her figure is androgynous and unrecognizable. Leather would show off the shape of her hips, her legs, and make it clear that, perish the thought, as a woman she has breasts, which apparently I should be ashamed of possessing. This design goes beyond being unappealing and straight into illogical all for the sake of androgyny.

Speaking as one of League's many female fans, your crusade against women looking feminine is downright insulting. I play this game for the enjoyable character design and the fun gameplay, not to be lectured about for liking to look feminine and to be shamed about what clothes I should and shouldn't be wearing. If I wanted that garbage I'd go back to reading Jezebel.

You, IronStylus in particular, need to come to terms with the fact that your insistence on covering us up from head to toe CONSTANTLY, even to the point of being unable to make a character with her hair unbound or visible, is just as insulting and demeaning as people who belittle us for wearing hot pants and halter tops.