Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WILL SMlTH

02-13-2013

Range, slow, gap closer, burst.

Silent Bells

02-13-2013

Like all the new champs that I've bought so far, you can expect my money within a week of release.

OneDaySlater

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogieman View Post
Yeah. I mean not only do brown / hazel eyes look better with blue armor than blue eyes but having ANOTHER blue-eyed Demacian is just plain boring.
Jarvan has green eyes, Garen has gray eyes, Sona has hazel eyes Galio has rock person eyes. Xin I'm fairly sure has brown eyes as well but he's Ionian.
Lux has blue eyes, Vayne (which apparently IronStylus didn't know existed before this character) has blue eyes in her vindicator and dragonslayer skin.

2 Demacians have blue eyes.

Arance

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
I'm probably gonna get downvoted to hell for this, but Riot says they like constructive feedback so I'm gonna say it and hope its at least useful enough for you to consider.

I don't really like it.

Perhaps it is a problem of expectations, but with Quinn being portrayed as a thoughtful, introspective, person who eschews the generally strict and lock-step Demacian outlook and displays a willingness to look beyond it, I must say I was expecting a much more realistic, 'down-to-earth' style of her (Spellthief Lux skin probably being the closest similar example that I can think of off-hand). The imagery evoked here is at best an over-designed Athena and at worst Jarvan's creepy twin sister. (She also doesn't look particularly feminine, which I don't mean as criticism or praise, just an observation that I find interesting given the many arguments there has been on the forums.)

I don't want to sound entirely negative, because there are a lot of really cool little details I can point to and say I honestly like, such as the raised arm guard/perch and the interesting mantle/cape. But to me the key word here is "over-designed." Every aspect of her from the bird to the armor to the weapon screams to me of you, IronStylus, of just trying to out-Leona Leona. (Do not infer from this that I think Leona is a bad design, however.)

Maybe it will click with me once I see her in-game and try out her kit, but as for now, well, her design just seems to try way too hard for it to pique my interest. I don't intend to start a hate-train by any means and hope this can be viewed as the honest opinion and criticism that it is intended to be.

Money Making

02-13-2013

She looks like a bad ass

she makes vayne looks like annie

SpderMan

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
i like it.. valor is quite a big bird . good ol gold and blue armor =) wish i knew why people were downvoting

Calypsx

02-13-2013

Wow.... Did riot actually make a well designed hero..

i'm honestly surprised. Kudos, haven't liked anything you guys made since Karma.

ZombieCakes

02-13-2013

Best female champ ever. Vi fell short to my expectations.. Quinn? Holy ****, she flew right past them!

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

She also looks like a Leona Clone somewhat. Like her Solari skin.

Ophirr

02-13-2013

Wow. Talk about beautiful, valient, and just overall... awesome. Oh, and Quinn is pretty sweet too.