Strongly agree 85 9.25%
Agree 80 8.71%
Indifferent. 126 13.71%
Disagree 187 20.35%
Strongly disagree 441 47.99%
Voters: 919. You may not vote on this poll

@Morello J4 nerfs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niceguydan8

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by All dat Entropy View Post
I dunno, I think that building damage and banking on your ult to trap the carry is a pretty risky endeavor. I guess it all comes down to playstyle
Definitely. I will tell you from experience it is riskier, but also a hell of a lot easier to carry.

30 Helens

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguydan8 View Post
In which case you've zoned them from the fight.

Not so. You've forced them to use an escape skill, true. But the direction of which could be anywhere, and certainly not always too far from the fight to do anything. Repositioning doesn't take that long.

Bear Monkey

02-13-2013

Lol its just the vicious cycle

Pros play champ in tourney > nut-hugging fanboys play champ > scrubs complain > riot nerfs > champ becomes unfun

Viga Upgrayedd

02-13-2013

Everyone go the the official don't nerf Jarvan IV petition and sign it

igetlifted

02-13-2013

I just dont get how Jarvan is OP....yes i build warmogs but if i just had warmogs and i beat you then you are just a very unskilled player who wasnt using their abilities... I have to build damage on jarvan to DO damage. I can sustain well but cant most bruisers? There is no argument there. Then you add in the fact that 2 of my abilities are pretty much garbage. W has a weak shield and the slow is laughable at best...i dont even take it until level 12. The ult is beyond broken....and yet Jarvan is OP? Jarvan has a great passive that has been enchanced by everyone itemizing health....but is this jarvans fault that his opponents are health hoarders? NO! So why nerf him? He is mana intensive so if i dont have blue i am half mana by the time i run through half of my jungle and if i gank...im going back to get mana. Its ridiculous that they feel he needs a nerf when Morello even admitted as of last year that his ult and w needed reworking but that it would take alot of time until it was patched because of the backlog. So if this is the case then you had it backlogged to nerf Jarvan the whole time?? Riot...Morello..you are really making us feel like you dont actually address the necessary issues that make this game balanced. If you cared about balance you wouldnt of went a year without fixing a major bug on a champion....a champion you call the King of one of the MAIN two factions in your league world. Now you want to nerf him without first fixing him? We shouldnt be petitioning for a Jarvan Nerf we should be petitioning for Morello to be fired for being an idiot. Its like breaking something thats broke Riot...HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT....smh.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

He's very balanced, but I get really good games with him because he's my main

TheShadyPenguin

02-13-2013

Jarvan IV is perfectly fine the way he is (even his Ult is fine imo, cause it's very useful, but also very counterable).

What I would like to personally ask Morello and Riot is why they would nerf Jarvan when there are PLENTY of characters that see WAY more play than him at a competitive level such as: Darius, Kha Zix, Ezreal, Lee Sin, Lulu, Nunu, Vayne, Taric, Graves, Maokai, Sona, Malphite, Shen, and Xin Zhao (Bolded champions are major violators who are in practically every pro level match known to man in Season 3).

So TheOddOne and some other guy I can't remember used him once in Season 3, big whoop. TheOddOne can and has played pretty much every worthwhile jungler at a high level. From a competitive standpoint, the only logical way to apply nerfs (if any at all) is to nerf the characters who are played pretty much all day every day with great results.

Jarvan IV is not an over-used character with a clear and consistent history of domination, he's just a good character that has been overlooked forever and is finally getting some exposure now thanks to a skin. Despite his many advantages, he has many clear disadvantages and limitations as well (very escapable R, mediocre and high mana-cost W, and his only hard CC is also his only non-ult gap closer AND his only escape).

PhysicsMoneyWeed

02-13-2013

ShadyPenguin,

Didn't Ezreal, Lulu, Nunu, and Lee Sin all receive nerfs not long ago?

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

02-13-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're not nerfing Jarvan, at least not directly.

In the upcoming patch, we are fixing a bug that was released last patch where his passive is dealing max Health damage against minions and monsters instead of current Health. This is artificially inflating the speed of his clear times and increasing his effectiveness on bigger objectives like Dragon and Baron as well which is an advantage Jarvan simply doesn't need considering all the other things he brings to the table.

Let's be clear though, Season 3 has changed the landscape of the game. Though someone like Jarvan has stayed untouched for a long time and has not been an issue up until this bug, it could be fully possible that a champion needs to be addressed due to other changes that have occurred in the game. Just like some champions have gotten weaker (for example as you guys say Irelia), some have gotten stronger. We need to constantly assess things within the context of the current state of the game (not to say that we don't take into account potential future states of the game in our decisions).

Once again, we're not directly nerfing Jarvan, but we will be monitoring him closely following the upcoming bug fix.

Zerglinator

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We're not nerfing Jarvan, at least not directly.
Well that was simple.