Gifting Center Broken

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunet The Herald

02-12-2013

Well, my friends list finally started showing up again in the gifting center! But I still can't send Kesper anything ;-;

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-12-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgy View Post
lol bump.

Btw I already bought him the skin, but there is a really huge problem with the rename feature it seems. It kept bouncing him back and forth between his old name and new name when I'd check my friends list.
Friends list as in the list you use to send messages, or the one in the store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunet The Herald View Post
Well, my friends list finally started showing up again in the gifting center! But I still can't send Kesper anything ;-;
Does their name show up? If so, is it the right one?

Going to dig into this. Your help can speed things up a bit.

Lunet The Herald

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post

Does their name show up? If so, is it the right one?

Going to dig into this. Your help can speed things up a bit.

His name shows up, and you can message him. It's not a problem there but it says we haven't been friends long enough even though we've been on eachothers friends list for months. I have gifted people I've been friends with for shorter periods of time than Kesper with no problem. But after he got the name change it simply won't let me anymore.

cF Dawgy

02-12-2013

Quote:
My actual friends list, not the one in the store.

Btw, the friend I was talking about's new name is Tm Brady, but for a long time after he purchased a name change, it kept reverting back to Elejuan, his old user name. It seemed like my friends list kept changing back and forth between his old username and his current username, and I'd really only notice it when he decided to send me messages, and it'd cause him to show up sometimes with his old name. It only happens occasionally, and I don't know how to reproduce the bug, but it does trip me up a little bit when it happens. I'm not sure if it's fixed yet, either.

I'll post in this thread if I notice it happening again.

Also, perhaps the gifting feature doesn't appropriately recognize people who received name changes as being previously friends with somebody...? I don't know how long Lunet has had SkyKesper added, although I know there is an intentional restriction in place where you have to have been friends with somebody for X period of time to send them a gift. Perhaps that's the error she was encountering?

*EDIT* Just read the post above mine, and I'm not sure what to say. Not sure why it'd let me send him the gift, but not her.

cF Dawgy

02-12-2013

Here's a screenshot I just took. Apparently his name is still having issues staying the same.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-12-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Myself and some other QA looked into this- name changes don't seem to be the problem here, but I think it's letting us see the issue- your friends account (or at least, the chat portion of it) is unstable and seems to be switching back and forth, which is probably what's throwing Gifting off. That or the next store update fixes this. :| I'll talk to the chat guys and see what they think.

cF Dawgy

02-13-2013

Quote:
Myself and some other QA looked into this- name changes don't seem to be the problem here, but I think it's letting us see the issue- your friends account (or at least, the chat portion of it) is unstable and seems to be switching back and forth, which is probably what's throwing Gifting off. That or the next store update fixes this. :| I'll talk to the chat guys and see what they think.
Thank you again for taking the time to try and get this resolved.

Scege

02-13-2013

I'm getting a similar problem, not sure if I should make a new topic or post it here, so I'll post it here just to be safe.

My friend is trying to gift me a skin and a champ, and he's even tried to gift me RP
But it just keeps telling him he hasn't known me long enough, but we started playing this game together like 9-10 months ago I think, maybe longer than that.

I'm not going to rush you guys, I just really wanted that lunar cassiopia skin. lol.

If you need anymore information, I can try my best to assist you with it by telling you everything I know.
Or I could ask him more about it.

cF Dawgy

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katasaki View Post
I'm getting a similar problem, not sure if I should make a new topic or post it here, so I'll post it here just to be safe.

My friend is trying to gift me a skin and a champ, and he's even tried to gift me RP
But it just keeps telling him he hasn't known me long enough, but we started playing this game together like 9-10 months ago I think, maybe longer than that.

I'm not going to rush you guys, I just really wanted that lunar cassiopia skin. lol.

If you need anymore information, I can try my best to assist you with it by telling you everything I know.
Or I could ask him more about it.
To make you feel much better, that Cassiopeia skin (and all Lunar Revel skins) will not be limited edition. Therefore, don't feel bad about it. :P

I bought Lion Dance Kog'Maw for Lunar Revel last year (or the year before last I don't remember), and you can still buy that skin today.

Scege

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgy View Post
To make you feel much better, that Cassiopeia skin (and all Lunar Revel skins) will not be limited edition. Therefore, don't feel bad about it. :P

I bought Lion Dance Kog'Maw for Lunar Revel last year (or the year before last I don't remember), and you can still buy that skin today.
That makes me feel worse, I wanted it to be my special skin since it seems like nobody's buying it.

But I'm thankful for your input. :>