For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
There's never a time I'll be able to answer "yes" to this - I think part of what makes us a good company is a lack of comfort and self-satisfaction with our product because it ensures we're always trying to think of how to improve.

I don't think the expectation I have is that we're ever "perfect" or "done," because if we don't feel the need to improve, then we are failing.
Ok, if you would follow that up with another question. As a normal player, where would you think needs improvement? And if that is not simple enough, what would the highest priority be, or the best first step?

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
26 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
Interesting. What would you say are their core problems, Karma especially? Why do they need full reworks rather than just numbers tweaks? Not a trick question, I'm legitimately curious.
A big subject I want to spend more time on - but you'll be seeing an extensive thing on this around the release. Lots of infos.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
27 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltNinjA View Post
Hi Morello, can you answer me these questions?

Who was rank #43 in Season 1?
Who was ranked #3 5v5 team by the end of Season 2? (prior preseason)
Who was ranked #101 in Solo Queue by the end of Season 2?
Who were all the team members on "God Bless You" by the end of Season 2?
What is the Season 1 Hall of Fame? The requirement for that is what Elo?
Why is challenger cap at 50 players?

There's a really good reason why I'm asking these specific questions.
Sorry to say, I have no idea. I bet the live designers and most champ designers could answer this more effectively.

HolyChalice

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A big subject I want to spend more time on - but you'll be seeing an extensive thing on this around the release. Lots of infos.
Sorry for going OT but I see in your history you've been playing a lot of Xin Zhao and getting warmogs what's your opinion on XZ atm?

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
28 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato75 View Post
I know you aren't that responsible for the balance anymore,but please,if you can,aswer me this

you guys do know that League of Warmogs is a consequence of League of Black Cleavers,right>
(also nerf armor+more cost)
I am responsible, just not in tough with the details (mostly guiding philosophy). It's still my fault this exists, at the end of the day!

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

I think you're doing a great job, KHORNE RULES TZEENTCH SUCKS

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
29 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramonia View Post
I appreciate all your comments Morello, but I would really like to ask you about something I feel has been ignored. No, I am not a developer so I don't have the first hand knowledge of the way resources are allocate and the work flow involved and am sympathetic to the idea that people don't really understand how things work in your business.

Why does there seem to be no focus on a replay system? It seems from an impartial (i.e. not a "I want my favorite champ skin riot pls" or "x is imba") view, that this should be a priority from a growth and player satisfaction standpoint. Most other concerns have been addressed and this seems to be a missing core feature from the game that has never received a response of even generic terms
There's been a focus actually, we just probably have the worst foundation of all time for making replays. Certain other things are easy for us (like deploying rapidly - something hard for a lot of games) while other normally-easy things are excruciating - like replays

Bergtau

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
Yes, let's put thousands of people out of a job because you didn't like D3 and WoW's direction. Good show, ol' sport
'cause they'll all starve to death without Blizzard.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
30 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannanazaz View Post
So what you are saying is that it is intended for everyone to build a Warmogs + Sunfirecape in S3, even characters such as Akali/Katarina/Zed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello
and more tuning is needed

SNAGRAT LIE

02-12-2013

What would you say the most broken or unbalanced part of league of legends is right now?