This is why people don't like Griftrix's responses:

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-12-2013
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
I'm sure you've been aware of this for a while. A long while. What are ya... Chicken?

BAUKK BAUKK BAAAUUUUK!
I don't understand what you are talking about.. What is "this" where you say "aware of this for a while."

Fat Ninja

02-12-2013

The dude just wants to give his opinion on things AS A PLAYER.

I don't see threads about a million other posters who disagree with your opinions.

He is not a designer, he is not part of the live team, or anything that has to do with balance.

He writes code, he makes the animations possible, to an extent.

Oh no, he shows some sort of personality? ****ing.. Just let the dude post his opinions. Yes, he works at Riot. That doesn't mean when someone has a problem with something they feel is not balanced and Grif says "Oh, well, I typically do this"

That does NOT mean that when this is issue is looked over by the people who do spend every damn day trying to balance this hectic game see this issue and review it they say "Well, Grif said he does this to cope with that problem, or enemy laner, or whatever, so, it's good."

He's just another player as far as I'm concerned. No offense, Grif. Don't get me wrong, I don't take what you say as any more or less important than Pendragon, Morello, Lyte, or any other popular reds. When I see a red post on something that is like.. An official post, a statement. Someone saying "I do this, I am responsible for this area of the game, and this is what we are doing and why we are doing it." Those are the only posts that I look at and say "this is Riot's stance on this, k".

But when a red simply posts how they deal with a problem or their side of the arguement, it should NOT be taken as Riot's stance on it. These people do have personal opinions, not all are involved in all aspects of the games.

Because so many people are so quick to assume that one Riot's statement represents Riot as a whole, is probably why so many do not post that often and simply read.

Get some common sense.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-12-2013
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
The dude just wants to give his opinion on things AS A PLAYER.

I don't see threads about a million other posters who disagree with your opinions.

He is not a designer, he is not part of the live team, or anything that has to do with balance.

He writes code, he makes the animations possible, to an extent.

Oh no, he shows some sort of personality? ****ing.. Just let the dude post his opinions. Yes, he works at Riot. That doesn't mean when someone has a problem with something they feel is not balanced and Grif says "Oh, well, I typically do this"

That does NOT mean that when this is issue is looked over by the people who do spend every damn day trying to balance this hectic game see this issue and review it they say "Well, Grif said he does this to cope with that problem, or enemy laner, or whatever, so, it's good."

He's just another player as far as I'm concerned. No offense, Grif. Don't get me wrong, I don't take what you say as any more or less important than Pendragon, Morello, Lyte, or any other popular reds. When I see a red post on something that is like.. An official post, a statement. Someone saying "I do this, I am responsible for this area of the game, and this is what we are doing and why we are doing it." Those are the only posts that I look at and say "this is Riot's stance on this, k".

But when a red simply posts how they deal with a problem or their side of the arguement, it should NOT be taken as Riot's stance on it. These people do have personal opinions, not all are involved in all aspects of the games.

Because so many people are so quick to assume that one Riot's statement represents Riot as a whole, is probably why so many do not post that often and simply read.

Get some common sense.
Well said. The part about live design just looking for Grift posts to figure out what to do with problems made me laugh out loud. You can ask the 2 people next to me if you don't believe me.

tempname950

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
You pretty much got it here. I have no idea what's balanced or not balanced, or what design's intentions are, so I can't speak to those. But, there are so many discussions that are interesting to me on GD that I want to participate. I just present my limited knowledge and hope that people with more experience can fill out the gaps. So far I think it has worked well. I have seen some really great objective discussions on GD.
Might it be best if you created a Non-riot account, and participated in them that way. I would think that would be the best way for all sorts of reds to be able to take a part in discussion that isn't pertaining to their job.

Whyumai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Usually my "straw man" arguments are meant to be hyperbole.
“Some folks never exaggerate -- they just remember big.”
― Audrey Snead

Novasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAND HES GONE View Post
Here's an example to illustrate:

I am arguing that oranges are better than apples.

My argument is that even though apples have more sugar (which is yummy), oranges have better flavor, so I think oranges are just a better fruit.

(Enter Griftrix)

Griftrix: "Yeah but if you added enough sugar to apples, they would eventually become the best fruit of all!"

End simulation.

Hope this clears things up for you Griftrix.
My imagined response to this seems to go like this the moment I processed this through my head. "NO, REALITY DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY GRIFTRIX, NOW GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER AND AGREE THAT ORANGE IS THE BETTER FRUIT!" xD

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Grifftrix is a jerk cause he didn't watch my new cooking show and I'm selfish with the red posts

Fat Ninja

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
Might it be best if you created a Non-riot account, and participated in them that way. I would think that would be the best way for all sorts of reds to be able to take a part in discussion that isn't pertaining to their job.

No. People need common sense.

ESG Yknits

02-12-2013

Griftrix if you ever get a promotion would you consider the title Senior Animation Engineer who is also not a Designer or SAEWIANAD for short?

it will save you time of having to inform people that you aren't a designer and with a slick title like that no one will question your ability to post an intellectual opinion as a player.

tempname950

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
No. People need common sense.
When faced with the option to change the world, or change one person, I choose to change one person. It takes far less effort for the same reward.