Soraka skins? Seriously...

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
If you look at the champ list on lolking, Soraka is more popular than a lot of the other champs on this list, so I don't think that is a fair reason behind it.
http://www.lolking.net/champions/

lolking was never known for being "accurate", but OP is right about a limited variety of Soraka skins. No one likes blue unicorn she-aliens?

Valkaire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Battle Priestess Soraka or w/e it was going to be called has been confirmed as a skin, they just took it back to the drawing board to make it better.

It's coming. As is a new Nidalee skin.

Kades

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

02-12-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'll speak to this- I've played more Soraka games than most and I whole-heartedly agree that she could use some more skins.

One of the big issues is that for a long time Soraka was slated to have a skin rework. That's happened, and in essence we got three 'new' skins. Complete with new particles. I know it doesn't feel like that, but as far as resources needed to create and polish, that's what she just got. I also realize that a rework doesn't give us the flexibility in showcasing our love for that horned goat-lady, but the thinking I heard internally was that they didn't want to create a new skin if they were going to rebuild her model and then have to recreate that new skin over that new model all over again. It's basically doubling up our workload to give you guys half the result.

It's not a great answer. A great answer is that we have 200 new Soraka skins slated and they'll be released in the next patch. (not true) But it is at least some visibility as to why there has been a delay.

But yes. "Riot Plz". All that noise. We hear you guys- we want more Raka skins, too.

Titiln

02-12-2013

I love how twitch and taric aren't on that list.

ITT: the original 40 composed had both twitch and taric, but some people didn't know that.

Alyran

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
I'll speak to this- I've played more Soraka games than most and I whole-heartedly agree that she could use some more skins.

One of the big issues is that for a long time Soraka was slated to have a skin rework. That's happened, and in essence we got three 'new' skins. Complete with new particles. I know it doesn't feel like that, but as far as resources needed to create and polish, that's what she just got. I also realize that a rework doesn't give us the flexibility in showcasing our love for that horned goat-lady, but the thinking I heard internally was that they didn't want to create a new skin if they were going to rebuild her model and then have to recreate that new skin over that new model all over again. It's basically doubling up our workload to give you guys half the result.

It's not a great answer. A great answer is that we have 200 new Soraka skins slated and they'll be released in the next patch. (not true) But it is at least some visibility as to why there has been a delay.

But yes. "Riot Plz". All that noise. We hear you guys- we want more Raka skins, too.
Didn't Panda Annie come out right after her rework? And she already has a ton of skins that were also completely redone (one of which caused a massive controversy because of how awesome it turned out). I appreciate that you answered, but I really don't think that's a valid argument.

ArthePyrko

02-12-2013

As i know, there is a new soraka planned for this year

IGamer

02-12-2013

Quote:

Eventually though, that skin will be made, yes?

Dryad Soraka

02-12-2013

Quote:

glad someone agrees
so does this mean annie actually got 8 new skins?*

*edit: woops, 10 including classic.
there is no excuse for ignoring soraka this long, she should've had 5 or more skins by now.

Assyrianlegend

02-12-2013

Yes i can vouch for kades, he has played a lot of soraka games. a LOT.

meadow

02-12-2013

Quote:
horned lady

Anyway on topic, yes we need some Soraka Love. Actually also another Taric Skin if possible but more Soraka.

Actually, before that Heimerdinger please. Not skins. We need Nuclear Turrets. :3

1234567 ... 9