For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdiaz28

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
I think you nerf champions too much as a quick fix.

Rengar, Diana (Whom is a lot better now, thank god, same can't be said for rengar. He's a pile of ****), Ziggs....

Ziggs has absolutely nothing oging for him outside of the laning phase. That's it. You nerfed the **** out of his minefields when it didn't need to happen.
I disagree, ziggs packs a punch and his utility is really useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheStrelok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
1) It isn't sufficient because it's buried in forums quickly
.
You could help this immensely by making a PSA section of the forum (for red posts only). I think people would really, really appreciate it, especially for things like the new LP/MMR system since about 90% of the community doesn't understand how it works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiakinBloodz

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That's not even remotely how we feel about that That might be how you feel about it, however!
that might be a fact

When you fix your client(because 3 yera with the same ****ty client that every little patch that is adding nothing more than a skin already creates a new problem in the client that makes everyone not able to play is just sad)

Also 9 out of 10 times i log in the client it is on maintance, lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

02-12-2013
6 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method512 View Post
One and a half year for Dragon Master Swain? We don't want it quickly, but don't delay it until I'm dead either. lol
We will do this skin - I'm sure of that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdiaz28

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrelok View Post
You could help this immensely by making a PSA section of the forum (for red posts only). I think people would really, really appreciate it, especially for things like the new LP/MMR system since about 90% of the community doesn't understand how it works.
Make this suggestion possibly a new thread, its great i just think it might get buried here. People are replying really fast


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

I carry grudges with certain gaming companies.

Sony for Star Wars Galaxies (numerous sweeping sudden game changes).

Blizzard for refusal to enforce their own rules sets for servers ($$$ talks, period).

NC Soft for closing down City of Heroes while lying that they'd allow the game to be purchased by a company to rescue it (Complete and total lie. Negotiations by 4+ BIG companies was refused from the outset).

Famcom for tremendous, horrible lies about Age of Conan's features being available at launch and even after.

You know... I could go on but there's no point really. Riot does a pretty amazing job considering the size of their player base (largest in the world) and pressure they're put under. I've had my gripes with Riot (numerous champion nerfs / adjustments with no testing - Sona's poke fiasco, anyone?).... but then they do cool things like refund tokens, 2 for 1 rune page sales, and so forth.

I expect to see better things from them as time passes rather than worse.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mxie

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Is the expectation that we do everything suggested really quickly? =/ I mean that makes sense, but holy moly. I feel like (and this comes with the territory of game development!) that we're only remembering the minority of things not followed up on and not all the player suggestions we've delivered on.

This is a tough area, because we try to view it holistically, but the way people feel matters more than anything. Even if we are doing a good job at something, if no one thinks we are, does it matter? I don't think it really does at that point.
Have you guys ever considered having a more... "official" approach to popular community requests, like a sort of threshold of "once this idea gets X popularity, we'll put it on our radars" sort of deal? I have no problem with taking things slow, but I know a lot of people would get really excited if you saw the popularity of, for example, Dragonmaster Swain, and a red with some authority popped in and said "Okay, it's clear this is popular. We'll add it to our super-secret list of possibilities that we discuss and take seriously." I realize that telling players about future plans is risky, but at least we would know for sure that Riot took a popular suggestion seriously, and at the same time you aren't making promises.

Also, since we're making Blizzard comparisons, I will say that the other day I was watching a WoW stream (don't play anymore but I like to watch one of my old favorite players) and people were basically saying that some of the game balancing takes place in major patches... of which there are what, 3-5 per expansion? In a world where committing to a character is a serious time investment, having issues addressed only after months of waiting is ridiculous, and at least Riot generally takes less time for major balance problems (admittedly it's a lot easier in a game that doesn't have the same character commitment that WoW has). It's okay to take time to make sure everything turns out right, but not when there are things like rank 1 gladiator titles on the line, which are nearly unreachable because you made a decision to main a certain class 7 years ago. You guys don't always get it right, but at least you're willing to try to address the problem.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We will do this skin - I'm sure of that.
Hmm, maybe I should have waited a few more minutes before typing this out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Riot is better than CrowdStar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2013

I used to think Riot was good.

Then they basically blew me off on my support ticket about their broken Refer a Friend system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheStrelok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz28 View Post
Make this suggestion possibly a new thread, its great i just think it might get buried here. People are replying really fast
Eh 'rello's in this thread and it's been suggested before. If I don't hear anything I'll pop it up later.