As a Player who has played GP from season 1 to 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skippy917

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineyMagikarp View Post
I think he's fine.

Check my ranked stats season 2 and 3.

also check my match history.
Grats, but the majority finds GP underwelming, i play him well, but he only shines when certain conditions are met, hes no game changer, no damage on skills, he is to basic, if you can play gangplank well, good for youoh, a lot of players can play him well, but there is no reason to pick him over any other viable top laner, GP does not have a moment of *shine*

Im positive most GP players would welcome an overhaul


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

De Vandal

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Ya he's in a pretty worthless spot right now, there is just 0 reason to pick him over his top lane mates(or jungle). They shouldn't have butchered his utility so bad when that was all he had going for him...

I like that his kit is different, and more utility based, than most tops. But in this day and age i'm pretty sure a rework would be more appropriate. He isn't a threat at all, he parleys every now and than while you disregard the rest of his kit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skippy917

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckWild Panda View Post
Ya he's in a pretty worthless spot right now, there is just 0 reason to pick him over his top lane mates(or jungle). They shouldn't have butchered his utility so bad when that was all he had going for him...

I like that his kit is different, and more utility based, than most tops. But in this day and age i'm pretty sure a rework would be more appropriate. He isn't a threat at all, he parleys every now and than while you disregard the rest of his kit.
Agreed, i only play him couse i love the champion itself, id still play him if he had no skills lol, but GP needs some serious loving from riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakashixToshirou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy917 View Post
Grats, but the majority finds GP underwelming, i play him well, but he only shines when certain conditions are met, hes no game changer, no damage on skills, he is to basic, if you can play gangplank well, good for youoh, a lot of players can play him well, but there is no reason to pick him over any other viable top laner, GP does not have a moment of *shine*

Im positive most GP players would welcome an overhaul

Honestly i think you're all just playing him wrong.

It's impossible to lose lane with him with chalice.

You'll scale better because you can just farm from a distance with q and chalice with infinite mana. [Chalice actually builds into a non-ap caster item now]

You're getting bonus gold off that, and then you have to take into account that you do happen to have a global ult.

A global ult isn't "underwhelming".

The only real gangplank hardcounter i've found is Riven and Volibear.

Rumble's beatable, believe it or not.

Things you have to remember: Trinity is nerfed to hell, only build to snowball. Health is op, Chalice is op, and phage + passive = snowball.

To beat lanes that just beat you in a 1v1, you either can max orange and just farm, or against like fiora you want to max E first, so you duel really well.

Jax is considered a counter, but he's never going to kill you without a jungler or you going Ham mode.Against pantheon, just get wardenmail + Chalice.

Against irelia, just get philo + giants belt and tie in farm, global ulting when you can.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skippy917

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineyMagikarp View Post
Honestly i think you're all just playing him wrong.

It's impossible to lose lane with him with chalice.

You'll scale better because you can just farm from a distance with q and chalice with infinite mana. [Chalice actually builds into a non-ap caster item now]

You're getting bonus gold off that, and then you have to take into account that you do happen to have a global ult.

A global ult isn't "underwhelming".

The only real gangplank hardcounter i've found is Riven and Volibear.

Rumble's beatable, believe it or not.

Things you have to remember: Trinity is nerfed to hell, only build to snowball. Health is op, Chalice is op, and phage + passive = snowball.

To beat lanes that just beat you in a 1v1, you either can max orange and just farm, or against like fiora you want to max E first, so you duel really well.

Jax is considered a counter, but he's never going to kill you without a jungler or you going Ham mode.Against pantheon, just get wardenmail + Chalice.

Against irelia, just get philo + giants belt and tie in farm, global ulting when you can.
First of all, if you would have spended 5 minutes more to read, nearly no one says that he cant lanee, does he shine in lane? No

GP is weak, if played right he is okish, and far from good,

I disagree with you, he is not in a good spot at all!

And if you want to argeu against the majority of players, i recomend You to get your facts straight


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakashixToshirou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy917 View Post
First of all, if you would have spended 5 minutes more to read, nearly no one says that he cant lanee, does he shine in lane? No

GP is weak, if played right he is okish, and far from good,

I disagree with you, he is not in a good spot at all!

And if you want to argeu against the majority of players, i recomend You to get your facts straight
He has an amazing buff, he has an amazing ultimate, and his q can crit and he has sustain.

What more does he need.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skippy917

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Atempt # 101 to get GP on a red radar


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skippy917

Senior Member

02-12-2013


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jibamao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

GP got nerfed into the ground because Riot caved into scrubs QQing on the forums. It's funny how Riot left GP in such a terrible state for a while, but god forbid Diana and Rengar be overnerfed for 2 weeks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skippy917

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibamao View Post
GP got nerfed into the ground because Riot caved into scrubs QQing on the forums. It's funny how Riot left GP in such a terrible state for a while, but god forbid Diana and Rengar be overnerfed for 2 weeks.
Sir, your 100% right, have my upvote