Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiration

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
No naked midriff. On the level of covered she runs about an Iron Solai Leona level of clothed-ness. No plate armor though. Or very little at least.

I just realized that the least covered released character I've worked on has been Skarner..

..I don't know what that means but there you have it.
THAT must be why I always find Skarner so sexy...

pokelda2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacus View Post
So that gave me a thought process.

-Skarner is normally naked
-When Skarner uses his W, he's covered in exoskeleton
-There needs to be a Leona skin where she puts on a second suit of plate during her W.

I think everyone will agree with me.
lol the parrot lied! scarner is NOT a covered character! he is FULLY naked!!

edit: oops miss read that there. ignore the line above this one.

Vacus

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelda2 View Post
lol the parrot lied! scarner is NOT a covered character! he is FULLY naked!!
He said Skarner is the LEAST covered......

Hard to get less covered than the naked scorpion.

Wheazle

02-12-2013

Quote:
No naked midriff. On the level of covered she runs about an Iron Solai Leona level of clothed-ness. No plate armor though. Or very little at least.

I just realized that the least covered released character I've worked on has been Skarner..

I think exoskeletons should count as covering up... IMO.

NotBuzzJack

02-12-2013

Quote:

I know what that means. It means Skarner needs a new skin.

YMIG Exclusive

02-12-2013

let me be noticed by a red, thank you.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-12-2013
51 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
hell will we get Art Spotlights for anybody going forward? I've made at least 3 or 4 topics and posted in another yet we haven't had a single word concerning the complete disappearance of art spotlights
Art spotlights may very well already be retired. Those were timelaspse of a single artist working on a single splash for hours on end. Now we have a comprehensive team that dog piles, often taking a piece of the splash and working on it separately in crunch time. That, combined with how some splash is aided by external artists, makes it not feasible to do those spotlights as they were done in the past.

What I'd like to do is get some art assets out when we do produce a champion showing how it evolved. Art spotlights had nothing to do with development, there wasn't a lot of content below the surface novelty. The spotlights were fun but they weren't really able to showcase technical tips because of the speed nor are they really feasible with the current team dynamic. I'd like to roll something out that has more content driven substance. We're working with a different system that is trying very hard for consistency across the board. Spotlights would throw a wrench into a process that's still getting galvanized.

Carmilia

02-12-2013

Parrot. Psst. Parrot!

Quinn. WHERe. D:

Mirror

02-12-2013

Quote:

Skarner = just another classic example of Riot's blatant misogyny and sexism. COVER UP THOSE CRYPPLES

you guessed it: crystal nipples.

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Art spotlights may very well already be retired. Those were timelaspse of a single artist working on a single splash for hours on end. Now we have a comprehensive team that dog piles, often taking a piece of the splash and working on it separately in crunch time. That, combined with how some splash is aided by external artists, makes it not feasible to do those spotlights as they were done in the past.

What I'd like to do is get some art assets out when we do produce a champion showing how it evolved. Art spotlights had nothing to do with development, there wasn't a lot of content below the surface novelty. The spotlights were fun but they weren't really able to showcase technical tips because of the speed nor are they really feasible with the current team dynamic. I'd like to roll something out that has more content driven substance. We're working with a different system that is trying very hard for consistency across the board. Spotlights would throw a wrench into a process that's still getting galvanized.
Technical tips would be awesome!
Could even have a step by step sort tutorial which would give insight and help aspiring artists!