New Ranked System Needs Immediate Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

masterxiao

02-10-2013

Hello fellow summoners,

After playing a few games with the new ranked elo system, I have come to realize that there are certain flaws in the design. The most prominent one is that it is much more difficult to gain elo than to lose elo.

The process of being demoted is one of the major problems currently in the system. From my experience, if you lose 2 games in a row while at 0 League Points, you become demoted to the lower division and obtain 50 league points (please correct me if I'm wrong, this is from my personal experience.) Pretend I am at Silver 4 with 0 League Points. I get demoted if I lose 2 games in a row. If I want to get promoted back to Silver 4 from Silver 5, I have to win approximately 3 games in a row to get the 100 League Points, without counting the 2 games out of 3 that I need to win in order to be promoted. So basically, 2 losses is equal to 5 wins, which is quite simply ridiculous.

The second problem is that it takes absolutely too many games to gain elo. In the new system, you must win approximately 6+2=8 games to go up a division, and you need to win 6+2+6+2+6+2+6+2+6+3=41 games to move up a tier. From bronze to gold you have to win 81 games. 81 games in a row, that is. In the old system, you could get to bronze to gold in definitely less than 50 games total. Once again, ridiculous.

A few possible changes I have thought of include changing the demotion process so that you obtain 80-90 league points after being demoted. This way, if you get demoted because you lost 2 games, you can get promoted by winning 3. This seems much more reasonable.

A second possibility is removing the demoting process entirely. When you reach a division, you should be able to keep it for good.

Another possible fix would be reducing the number of divisions in each tier from 5 to 3, and reducing the amount of time it takes to gain elo as a result.

All this is not to say that I dislike the new ranked system. I like the idea of leagues and being able to be matched with friends, but I do strongly believe that it needs some immediate tweaks to make it more realistic and playable.

Shoreless

02-10-2013

There's been tons of threads, and tons waved off..get over it..

Imaginationz

02-10-2013

It's broken....I was gold 4 and i was always playing with silvers.....i don't know wtf is wrong with this MMR.
I just got demoted to gold 5, yet i have a silver 5 in my game. the person above me is silver 1. I'm the only gold tier. And I haven't been losing recklessly, i have 50 points in gold 5 so what's the deal.

masterxiao

02-10-2013

the only reason they haven't changed the system is because people get over it. Riot needs the support of the community to earn money and keep making this game. If we don't get over it, they'll be forced to change.

tehHighIander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterxiao View Post
the only reason they haven't changed the system is because people get over it. Riot needs the support of the community to earn money and keep making this game. If we don't get over it, they'll be forced to change.
indeed i agree with you, but the problem is not only in the mat of the system but also in the people who is joining the system without knowing how to work with it properly here is what i suggest

Pro Anïvïa

02-14-2013

the thing i find stupid about the system is that the only rating that actually matters and determines who you get matched with is hidden.

right now im gold V, but when i queue up im getting first pick over people who are gold II and gold I because my w/l is rediculous but im not climbing up the LP system as fast as my elo is climbing. having your only visible rating be nothing more than cosmetic is annoying.

SkeithGotBanned

02-14-2013

No, your Elo gain is fine. The problem are the League Points. I'm starting to like the Leagues system, just need to be fixed ASAP. I just find it ridiculous you getting back to 50 LP when you lose the best of 3 matches. You should just lose the equal from losing 2 games.

SkeithGotBanned

02-14-2013

Bump this

andys5538

02-14-2013

you're late to the party, this has been on pbe for a few days now