Tweaks to the Honor Initiative

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WNxAphixa

02-10-2013

Just a bit of a problem I have found, I understand that crests are given out not by quantity as much, but the amount received over minimal games, the consistency. My problem is, I don't want to see up myself but I am seriously one of the nicest and friendliest players I have seen playing, even when the enemy or team is angry I stay positive and try to guide us to victory.

The thing is, it seems people just don't honour anyone when it would be suitable to give, and thus having me play a lot of games with no honours sometimes, and this would ruin my chances of getting a crest would it not? Please get back to me whenever possible Lyte, thank-you all.

Arceix

02-10-2013

Can we earn more than one crest? I got the honorable opponent ribbon, but I also consistently get teamwork honors.

WNxAphixa

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuz up dude6 View Post
Can we earn more than one crest? I got the honorable opponent ribbon, but I also consistently get teamwork honors.
Yes you can, the rarest one you own will be displayed.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-10-2013
19 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxAphixa View Post
Just a bit of a problem I have found, I understand that crests are given out not by quantity as much, but the amount received over minimal games, the consistency. My problem is, I don't want to see up myself but I am seriously one of the nicest and friendliest players I have seen playing, even when the enemy or team is angry I stay positive and try to guide us to victory.

The thing is, it seems people just don't honour anyone when it would be suitable to give, and thus having me play a lot of games with no honours sometimes, and this would ruin my chances of getting a crest would it not? Please get back to me whenever possible Lyte, thank-you all.
Not necessarily. Let's say that every time you are positive, there's a 10% chance that someone will actually Honor you. Given that we know about these rates on every server, we've adjusted the thresholds for Crests to take these rates into account.

So, if you are positive and among the top positive players on the server, you will unlock the Crest even if you don't get Honors every game.

Slythra

02-10-2013

i would like to see a way to change or stack the crests because the honourable opponent i have had since day 2 of honour and want to lose it for the team work or friendly because its over used and i find with the people i vs almost everyone has it and it doesn't stand out. its like hey we are all just normal compaired to each other

Tammerlane

02-10-2013

i think that the badges for the different colors should also have ranks to them or some sort of way to tell that this player has reached a certain status of honor

WNxAphixa

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Not necessarily. Let's say that every time you are positive, there's a 10% chance that someone will actually Honor you. Given that we know about these rates on every server, we've adjusted the thresholds for Crests to take these rates into account.

So, if you are positive and among the top positive players on the server, you will unlock the Crest even if you don't get Honors every game.
Alright thank-you, that makes me feel a lot better. I have received many teamwork and friendly honors the past two days, I hope it keeps up so I get my crests soon.

46 friendly, 14 Helpful, 61 Teamwork, 55 Honorable Opponent.

HypnoBubbles

02-10-2013

We’ll continue to iterate on the Honor Initiative as necessary, and then start working on the next phase of the feature.[/QUOTE]

My question is, why do i not even have enough points to give honour to the folks in my games? i mean, is this why i'm not getting the ribbons? am i spending the points i've earned?

Virulent Dahlia

02-10-2013

That'll make it easier for me to obtain my crest at least. I had my Teamwork crest for like 3 hours before all my honors got taken by the tribunal because I keep running into trolls in Co-op games. It's stupid that trolls control the game at this point...

Phoenixraa

02-10-2013

Okay so i just wanted to comment that this is an awesome addition to the game but i just wanted to ask, are you guys ever going to add a feature that lets us switch between what ribbons we want to show? or is there an order of how good each ribbon is? Like a blue ribbon is the best out of all of them or the red one is the lowest of them all?