Mac Launcher Client becomes Invisible Process, hard to quit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brokroma

10-13-2010

If you leave the Mac launcher client open for a long time (Not the PVP.net client, the weird, background-window-that-gets-minimized-to-your-dock launcher client), like say, after you've put your computer to sleep and woke it back up, it will exhibit strange behavior.

You will be unable to use the Play button on the launcher, and after you quit it, by choosing Quit from the file menu, or by closing the launcher window, you will be unable to re-open it.

In order to actually re-open it, you'll have to really quit it, which apparently doesn't *really* happen when it looks like it closes. In order to find this phantom application, you need to go to Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor. After opening it, here you can see the League of Legends process, and you can force quit it from the Activity Monitor interface.

Now that you've *actually quit* the application, re-opening it works fine, and you can play the game.

It's been a while since I posted a real bug report here, but this one has been frustrating me a lot lately.

OS 10.6.4
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Macbook Pro 13"
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
256 MB VRAM

Tyop

10-13-2010

command+option+escape seems to work for me as well to force quit applications.

(works just like windows' task manager)

Brokroma

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyop View Post
command+option+escape seems to work for me as well to force quit applications.

(works just like windows' task manager)
In my case, it did not appear in the force quit interface, and could only be accessed from Task Manager (or Terminal I suppose, if you wanted to use top).

kamia

10-14-2010

If that doesn't work, load activity monitor and from there you should be able to see a League of Legend process that you can go ahead and forcequit it.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

10-14-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We'll check this out.

Thanks!