Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mugguffen

02-09-2013

Dear Mr. Parrot-god (more formally known as IronStylus)

are there any plans for a jester themed skin for our new friend known as Qinn?

ChromeFalcon

02-09-2013

I just want to know if she's melee or ranged.

Holodomor

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugguffen View Post
dear mr. Parrot-god (more formally known as ironstylus)

are there any plans for a jester themed skin for our new friend known as qinn?

oh please god yes this so hard

Von Nicklesnout

02-09-2013

I must be the only person getting annoyed with the constant stream of "strong woman who don't need no man" types. At least Karma was eloquent and demure.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
I really hope you guys have enjoyed this!

As Ironstylus said, Quinn's journal has been our first foray into this kind of character introduction and we'd really like to explore more. Part of the goal was to introduce Quinn's story through more than just the wall-of-text bio you'll see in the game client. We wanted to do something very personal for her, something that could be uniquely "hers," and we came up with the journal idea to serve that goal. We'll definitely be looking into similar stuff for upcoming champions as well--stay tuned.
Me like!

Gwathnor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

I really like this extended reveal. I hope you guys can do this for more champs in the future. Players still love lore like this!

Finch Toast

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Nicklesnout View Post
I must be the only person getting annoyed with the constant stream of "strong woman who don't need no man" types. At least Karma was eloquent and demure.
I don't know if this is entirely true about our incoming champion... She needs Val and as we all know, he's a MANly bird.(Confirmed.)

Also she states that she was scared. Though, she could still be a strong woman there is a more fragile side to her as well. (This may not be very prominent or even right.) Caleb was also someone she felt she needed for the longest time.

Yankee

02-09-2013

Possible abilities for Quinn

Passive: Enemies attacked by Val are left with a vision marking for Quinn and her allies.

Q: Quinn sticks a trap on a wall of the map's terrain (Trees Towers etc.) When enemies walk near it a trip-line is shot out, and enemies that walk through are slowed, if the trip-line touches another wall rather than connecting with the ground enemies are snared.

W: Quinn uses her W to control Val, using W is similar to alt clicking for Yorick's clone or Annie's Tibbers. Leveling up this ability increases the radius Val can fly from Quinn and the amount of initial damage Val does.

E: Much like Fizz's Playful/Trickster Quinn can get over short terrain jumps, but when she comes out of being un-targetable fires a skillshot based off of magic damage.

R: Around the range of Lux's/Caitlyn's ultimate, Val flies up above the field and gives vision to anyone in the Radius, Val dives onto the desired target dealing Physical damage initially and damaging while slowing over time.

I love to think of Champion kits, but never know what ratios they should be because I don't know how to make them not Over/Underpowered. Hoping Quinn/Valor can be like Mordecai/Bloodwing!

Obs80

02-09-2013

Make a MAN!

Finch Toast

02-09-2013

There is no time for rest my dear Parrot. This is a time of change, a time of action. Why do your talons lay rested? Where is the chirp, of that red-adorned war-bird who brings his emotion and dreams to battle? No, there is no time for rest...