Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFinalAeon

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
Listen, i know your in charge of this one, and that you dont like oversexualisation. But come on make her sexy XP !!!!!!

And not leona sexy if you get my drift
Leona is a sexy beast what are you even talking about.

Pandora531

02-08-2013

When would she be available on pbe? 1day? 2 days? week?

Thaenor

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari Brigadier View Post
I actually haven't posted any writings/discussion that aren't Quinn related yet, but in the future look out for Wukong and Leona-centric writings, those might be from me.

Gotcha. I imagine that it would be challenging given the premise of the game itself, but were I to score a writing job with Riot I'd really like to see how far you could push Valoran geopolitics without directly effecting the way the game is played. I think there's a huge opening in the interplay between the game as a functioning storyline and the game as a MOBA that leaves tons of room for new features: Allegiances to city-states, possible limited skin personalization, maybe even itemization (think a character with True Neutral lore who gains access to Viktor/Rengar type equipment each game that coincides with a choice of allegiance). Exciting possibilities

Finch Toast

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
More.
Naow.
Or else.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora531 View Post
When would she be available on pbe? 1day? 2 days? week?
If we're assuming that she sent a letter to Jarvan IV asking for permission to enter the League, given 3 days for post (it is the weekend after all) as well as a 3 day travel time and maybe 4 hours to pack... plus time for the League Judgement...

I estimate that Quinn will be available for playtesting on the PBE this coming Thursday, February 14, 2013, at 4:00 PM EST.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaenor View Post
Gotcha. I imagine that it would be challenging given the premise of the game itself, but were I to score a writing job with Riot I'd really like to see how far you could push Valoran geopolitics without directly effecting the way the game is played. I think there's a huge opening in the interplay between the game as a functioning storyline and the game as a MOBA that leaves tons of room for new features: Allegiances to city-states, possible limited skin personalization, maybe even itemization (think a character with True Neutral lore who gains access to Viktor/Rengar type equipment each game that coincides with a choice of allegiance). Exciting possibilities
I fear this leads to too much fractionation of the game. I think this kind of lore development would work best through non-gameplay ventures, or even through spinoff games.

Darklarik

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
There is a serious effort. This is but one vehicle that we viewed as a good mechanism for this particular case, Think of this as an experiment and a prototype for delivering context and story.
Maybe you could cook up some more Shadow isles lore (which is too me, the one with the most potential). Honestly, i want to know what Thresh is doing in Valeron, what purpose the souls he collects have...

What relationship Mordekaiser and Hecarim have? Who is Eveelyn and her connection/importance to the shadow isle?

Is there some ruler of the Shadow Isles? Some unspoken Grim Reaper with a Scythe possible champion that may arrise in future?

LORE riot plz

Thaenor

02-09-2013

Quote:
I fear this leads to too much fractionation of the game. I think this kind of lore development would work best through non-gameplay ventures, or even through spinoff games.

Spin-off games... Surely, you tease. 'T would be too good to be true

TheFinalAeon

02-09-2013

Quote:
If we're assuming that she sent a letter to Jarvan IV asking for permission to enter the League, given 3 days for post (it is the weekend after all) as well as a 3 day travel time and maybe 4 hours to pack... plus time for the League Judgement...

I estimate that Quinn will be available for playtesting on the PBE this coming Thursday, February 14, 2013, at 4:00 PM EST.
Holy Metamoorian Jazz Club people that know MATH and THINGS joined the forums while I was away. I am marginally impressed.

Solari Brigadier

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaenor View Post
Spin-off games... Surely, you tease. 'T would be too good to be true
Check out the Responsibilities section of this job posting.