Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

02-08-2013
34 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
It's rather cute, but it's no substitute for actual lore, imo. It's a slightly-longer-than-usual teaser, which is, like, an advertisement for the champ release at least, and at most, it's hype for lore that may or may not actually happen, as far as we know.
It isn't intended to be a substitute for deeper lore. We're still developing other mediums to tell more expansive stories, but that doesn't mean we can't dig deeper on each champion release in terms of characterization and story, too.

Finch Toast

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
IronStylus and his teasing has returned once more!:
https://soundcloud.com/ironstylus-1/hah-hah
gg +1

The Rep0 Man

02-08-2013

When will you guys release new ad carrys? I'm bored of all the ad carrys out at the moment. Need more supports too please I know you just released Thresh but I need more multi-role champions.

CragBlade

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
It isn't intended to be a substitute for deeper lore. We're still developing other mediums to tell more expansive stories, but that doesn't mean we can't dig deeper on each champion release in terms of characterization and story, too.
Can you expand more on older characters? I want to hear more about the story of Nasus and Renekton, the rune wars, and their conflicts with eachother and the world itself.

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

02-08-2013
35 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
So does this mean bios are gone?
Nope! They're definitely still around. This is just a deeper exploration of the "summary" version you'd see of the same story in a bio.

The text version serves its purpose, but it's always been difficult for us to make a bio truly engaging. With Quinn's journal, we're experimenting with ways to tell "bio stories" in a compelling (but bite-size) way.

Angel Tazzie

02-08-2013

Quote:
Nope! They're definitely still around. This is just a deeper exploration of the "summary" version you'd see of the same story in a bio.

The text version serves its purpose, but it's always been difficult for us to make a bio truly engaging. With Quinn's journal, we're experimenting with ways to tell "bio stories" in a compelling (but bite-size) way.
So we can expect more introductions like this for champs/lore in the future?

RangerChan

02-08-2013

I know it's a long shot, but is it possible that Quinn has some relation to Swain? It would be pretty interesting if it were to be the case.

Trolosaurus

02-08-2013

Quote:

Aaaaah ok!

Honestly, I'm just glad to see SOME lore from you guys

Ask Tyrant Swain

02-08-2013

This is a nice way to explore a character more deeply. Nice thing you did there Rioters. Buuuuuuuuut...
Did you work on anything that would further present the world of Runeterra and not just a single character?
It feels like it's frozen in time currently.

Flames of Rage

02-08-2013

My favorite part of the Lore was League Judgements! That showed us a lot about the character besides the general background of the Bio. It really allows us to connect with the champion as summoners.

Will this ever be brought back or is it done for good?