Hidden MMR and League Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reibert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Hello! A quick question;

I do understand the whole deal of MMR and how LP scales with or against it. However, where does the MMR come from?

Is it an MMR of Ranked games?

Or does the MMR come from your normal games?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but thanks ahead of time.

Method512

02-08-2013

I'll explain....

BRONZE - 0-1199
SILVER - 1200-1499
GOLD - 1500-1799

Now imagine this elo is your mmr.

If you're Bronze I, heading towards Silver V, but your mmr is much lower than 1200, it will assume you aren't good enough to raise to Silver V, so it will give you less LP, but it will give your more mmr points. When you have ~1200 mmr points, you will start gaining more LP, allowing you to advance to your 100lp, qualifiers and into Silver V.

Same case for going from silver to gold.

If your mmr is ~1500 it will give you normal LP (around 20), if it's much lower you will get much less LP. Buty when you reach 1500 mmr, it will start giving you the normal amount of LP again.

Hope this helps.

Mass

02-08-2013

MMR is just essentially the elo from before the change. It's from ranked.

Reibert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Alright, thanks for the answers!

Perhaps a bit of a follow-up question: if I went from Gold IV to Gold II, does the system's MMR think I'm Gold II exactly or still something higher? i.e. will my LP gains start to work against me should I continue to rank up from this division?

Method512

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushiemikey View Post
Alright, thanks for the answers!

Perhaps a bit of a follow-up question: if I went from Gold IV to Gold II, does the system's MMR think I'm Gold II exactly or still something higher? i.e. will my LP gains start to work against me should I continue to rank up from this division?
Each division is 60 elo (300 elo/5division=60).

So..Gold IV is 1560. Gold II is 1680.

A rioter talked about jumping divisons, but I'm not very aware of what it takes to happen.

LP won't work against you unless you start losing games.

When you win games, you win both LP and MMR points. If by any case you get much more LP than you're gaining MMR, you may find a bit hard to gain LP while your mmr isn't matched to your division. I don't think it will happen as long as you win games, though.

The only case I can see where people will see hard lp increases is when they loose many games, their don't get lower than division 5, but their mmr will drop a lot. At that point, they need to win many games to gain mmr back.

Mass

02-08-2013

If you have more MMR than the system believes someone of your rank should, you can jump divisions.

kampster

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method512 View Post
I'll explain....

BRONZE - 0-1199
SILVER - 1200-1499
GOLD - 1500-1799

Now imagine this elo is your mmr.

If you're Bronze I, heading towards Silver V, but your mmr is much lower than 1200, it will assume you aren't good enough to raise to Silver V, so it will give you less LP, but it will give your more mmr points. When you have ~1200 mmr points, you will start gaining more LP, allowing you to advance to your 100lp, qualifiers and into Silver V.

Same case for going from silver to gold.

If your mmr is ~1500 it will give you normal LP (around 20), if it's much lower you will get much less LP. Buty when you reach 1500 mmr, it will start giving you the normal amount of LP again.

Hope this helps.
But it's always against you, because if you're winning games, getting LP, and increasing your MMR, you are also getting closer to being promoted and they even stated you will notice that you earn less when you get closer to the promotion series. So how am I ever supposed to get more LP per win than loss? I'm always at a disadvantage!

N3CR0S3

04-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass View Post
If you have more MMR than the system believes someone of your rank should, you can jump divisions.
Yes, but this should never happen unless you decide to lose all of your promos and stay in a lower division because if you are good enough you can make that decision but no one would ever do that so you should never get a higher mmr.

SmokingPuffin

04-14-2013

Only ranked games matter in any way for ranking.

Linkchitu

05-03-2013

How many MMR amount i win per game?