Bronze II - I flame too much... Need help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnageWalrus View Post
TLR - I am frustrated with the lack of team play and coordination in Bronze league so i end up flaming and hurting my team - any pointers on how i can get through this?
I am also having this issue. Got knocked all the way from 2 to 4 because I simply cannot get a team that does anything. I do well and try to help and nothing works.

SeCKS Egai

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Instead of trying to play well, make your goal to help your team play well. You can carry by encouraging sticking together, suggesting item builds, warding FOR other lanes, pinging retreats, calling MIAs for other lanes, warding the enemy jungle, etc.

There are lots of things you can do to elevate your teammates. If you make this your play goal, instead of only playing well yourself, you may fair better.

Also, don't rage. You actually have to hit a lot of keys to rage at someone. There are many chances for you to hit backspace instead of enter. The account you save may be your own.
Raging isn't worth it, not only does it almost always cause under-performing teammates to do even worse, it puts your account at risk of banning.

People will blame the jungler whenever they can, sometimes it is the jungler's fault, but most of the time it isn't. When I myself think it is the jungler's fault, I won't say anything since either he/she realizes it or I'd be at risk of insulting him/her. As I jungle regularly, I know not to have obscene expectations for the jungler to somehow magically helping everyone win their lane.

Chabi

02-08-2013

if your gunna play a jungler. you either have to play one that will carry hard, or let your teamates get the kill. 3 kills on your ap and a few on your ad will go a much longer way than 5 kills on you b/c you cant simultaneously snowball the lanes. if you are kha, or shaco though, go for it.

Langdon

02-08-2013

Quote:
Instead of trying to play well, make your goal to help your team play well. You can carry by encouraging sticking together, suggesting item builds, warding FOR other lanes, pinging retreats, calling MIAs for other lanes, warding the enemy jungle, etc.

There are lots of things you can do to elevate your teammates. If you make this your play goal, instead of only playing well yourself, you may fair better.

Also, don't rage. You actually have to hit a lot of keys to rage at someone. There are many chances for you to hit backspace instead of enter. The account you save may be your own.
Suggest item builds and get amazing responses such as: I know how to play the game noob.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-08-2013
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
Obvious riot bubble here. I love how they say to do X when it doesn't normally work unless u have riot in your name.
As you can see, I do not have Riot in my name. I have been recognized in game maybe 4 times.

Griftrix

02-08-2013
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBossMsf View Post
Suggest item builds and get amazing responses such as: I know how to play the game noob.
And then you calmly do not respond to that, and keep playing without getting angry.

NJ Gamer

02-08-2013

Griftrix speaks the truth

Anduraga

02-08-2013

Play a carry champion. Easier to stick with top/mid. Dominate your lane (you're in Bronze aren't you?), then start roaming and dominate other lanes. Then there's also some of the things Griftrix said. I wouldn't bother suggesting item builds to people. That quite literally will just piss them off especially if they're doing poorly.

The only common exception I see is asking if the player they're going to be building X item, so that you don't build an item that they'll be building (Shurelya's Reverie, Locket of the Iron Solari, Aegis of the Legion / Bulwark, etc.). And now that I think of it, saying we needing a Last Whisper after watching your ADC do zero damage in a teamfight, seems to be common (and better received). Just don't go saying to your mid lane that he needs to build a Rabadon's Deeathcap 45 minutes into the game. You will get told to GTFO noob.

Griftrix

02-08-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

You don't think you should say "They have 4 AP champions, we should build MR"?

I havn't had that make anyone mad before.

Anduraga

02-08-2013

Quote:
You don't think you should say "They have 4 AP champions, we should build MR"?

I haven't had that make anyone mad before.
Health would be a better stat to invest in Season 3. Having a side of MR would help more towards late game. Resistances in general are very lacking this season. That and DFG isn't going to counter a team with 5 Warmogs... and then the Liandry's nerf (on PBE) makes Health stacking even more powerful.

But more to the point, you said "item builds." Not generic, we (as a team) should build X resistances.