Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mavloc

02-08-2013

As gandalf would say.

When in trouble. Call the eagles.

Leonixxiii

02-08-2013

Shes totally a support champion...

>.>

mastershroud

02-08-2013

I thought a new champ would be released every three weeks in 2013. was I wrong?

TheEnygma

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershroud View Post
I thought a new champ would be released every three weeks in 2013. was I wrong?
yes

Question Hound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

THIS JUST IN!!! NEW PLOT TWIST!!!

The mysterious thief/criminal haunting Piltover's streets is known only by his calling card C. Quinn's brother's name was Caleb. Here's where it gets good.

• Caleb isn't really dead. We got some ol' Star Wars nonsense going on here, where "dead" is code for "forsaken ideals and slipped into a life of transgression."
  • The reason that the assassin doesn't match Talon's profile is because the assassin is Caleb
  • The alarm was raised and a sloppy job was done because Caleb wanted Quinn to be put onto his trail. "Target headed towards Golden Crossing (too obvious)" is indicative that Quinn knows her brother is alive.
  • "Prince Jarvan needs to know." She has to tell him the true story of her brother.
  • Her knowledge of the paths and trails shows that the only other person who could know these trails would be her brother, with whom she explored often.
  • She now has to deal with a serious decision -- does she kill her brother, and "avenge" the Caleb of the past who believed in Justice and Honour? Or does she let him escape and surrender herself to shoulder the responsibility for his crimes?

TL;DR -- The assassin is Caleb, Quinn's still living brother, and she has to decide whether to bring him to justice or not. This conflict with Justice is what sets her apart from other Demacians.

NobIesse ObIige

02-08-2013

I'm super excited about this champ!
Val sounds like she'll be an awesome bird companion! x3

I gotta ask, does the name Caleb come from the works of Raymond E. Feist? x3 If so it'd be very fitting! If not it's an awesome coincidence!

Love love love reveals like these!
Thank you for the hard work guys <3

ArmySquirrel

02-08-2013

I see Val on page 3.

IS1ea9babe8ac6b7cad8130

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaris View Post
Ironstylus WHY!? WHY DO YOU NOT GIVE US MOAR? WE NEED MORE!

More seriously tho, where is the golden path located in valoran? it shows a river but the current maps of valoran don't show water features such as rivers

Edit: Creative speculation, it would appear the map DOES show "major" waterways. On the map in the journal it shows a northern path towards a river with a fork.

That would appear to be JUST north of Marshes of kaladoun and just west of Howling marsh. This seems like a dangerous area, what will happen next???

EDIT2: added a map with red box :O
Karthus was retconned back in October; now he's from the Shadow Isles, not the Howling Marshes

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Going to do a fat post going through each picture one by one.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3&d=1360264865

The Details: A wanted posted showing that the Demacian Military is on the hunt for Talon who they believe to be responsible for the murder of several guards, and an attempt of Jarvan the Third's life.

Quinn's Edits

Wrong - Talon is not the assassin they are looking for. *These aren't the droids you're looking for*

Not his style, sloppy, why raise the alarm? - A few things strike me here. Not his style is simple, Talon wouldn't assassinate a couple of random guards for no apparent reason, and then try and kill the king.

Not to mention the hit on the king failed, and the assassination, while having got away, lit up Demacia with this attempt.

It is in my opinion the assassin wasn't trying to kill Jarvan III, but to find the largest target he could and endanger them as to get the city up in arms over them.

Someone wants a lot of attention, and for Demacia to be looking for them.

It is either that, or they are actually trying to kill the king and frame Talon.

If not, I think the assassin might be a tad upset that Talon is getting his spotlight.

Too Obvious - Considering the assassin made it to Jarvan III (Or close enough for the guards to make the assassination attempt call) and got away safely, taking the most obvious route out of the town would not be their style. Pretty simple.

Waste of time - Moving so many guards to try and catch one person at an area they won't be going. Also pretty simple.

Prince Jarvan Needs to Know - Maybe he'll listen to her. He did listen to Katarina and Talon in the past, he of all people should be able to listen to what she has to say.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4&d=1360264878

Quinn attempted to contact Garen and Jarvan in regards to the assassin, where he is, and what they need to do that stop them. Garen does not believe her, still assuming it is Talon, and they will remain where they see fit to catch the killer.

Jarvan has encouraged Val to take it into her own hands, he'll probably try and talk to Garen and the Vanguard, who are likely not to find anything important while on guard.

Two descriptions.

Garen - By the book, Val doesn't respect him. He does everything the way he should, even if it might seem illogical, but he is a good leader.

Jarvan - Surprised her.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9&d=1360351728

This is more of a story image, though it does tell us the Assassin is out of Demacia.

The path they are traveling is one that only the lower class citizens of Demacia would know of, the ones that travel out of the city and do some adventuring. They are traveling a path from Demacia to the Howling Marshes, and are headed towards the Ironspike Mountains. If they continue this path they will end up in Zaun or Piltover.

Val was found in the Howling Marshes.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0&d=1360351744

Another story piece.

As a child Quinn had traveled the path she is on before with a friend named Caleb. During one of their adventures Caleb became lost, and Quinn became fearful. It gives mixed messages about whether Caleb just went missing all those years ago, or he actually died.

Val was found in those woods.

Quinn and Val are both determined to catch the assassin more than ever in their remembrance of Caleb, whether they survive or not.

Pandaris

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocAxel View Post
Karthus was retconned back in October; now he's from the Shadow Isles, not the Howling Marshes
god dammit riot, why you troll me QQ