Champion Auditions - Thresh, the Chain Warden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FilFire

02-07-2013

I.

Am.

Megatron!

Ásk Ryze

02-07-2013

I.

Am.

Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna run around and desert you.
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye,
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-08-2013

A reminder.

You have till Saturday at Noon PST to post, folks.

Ask the Chains

02-08-2013

[CENTER]Cling clang…

Cling clang…[/CENTER]

The chains’ shrill scrape were heard across the floor as The Warden walked along the dark and damp hallway of his prison. He had come back from whipping one of the prisoners, snapping his mind, hope of escape, as well as his fingers. The man was curled up on the ground, sobbing from all the pain, and cruelty he took. The other prisoners crawled into the corners and under the bunks of their cells, in fear of the possible torture they may endure if they were to get too close. He walked down the halls, reaching the end to reach for a piece of paper. He grabbed a small quill with ink as he walked back down the hall to take roll call. “Asmus.” He said as he began to call out the names. “… H-here…” He said, his voice trembling in fear. “Burmin.” The Warden said. “Present…”
“Beldin.”
“Go **** yourself.” The inmate responded. He was also knew, but he had a bit more spunk the than others, as he had obviously had not been told about just how cruel the warden was. Thresh stood in front of the cage, glaring down at the man. “Excuse me?” He said. Beldin looked up at him, glaring slightly. “I said. Go. ****. Yourself.” The other prisoners lifted their heads up in response to his back lash. What was he, crazy!? He was practically signing his own death. The Warden snarled as he grabbed one of his many keys from the ring and opened up the cell. Beldin already got up to fight The Warden, but as he was about to punch him, he got kicked in the chest. Beldin let out a gasp as the air was knocked out of him. “What’s wrong Beldin? You were talking so tough a second ago!” He laughed. A hook was on top of the ceiling, specifically for him to put his chains on. Already he began to cuff Belding with chains around his wrists and ankles. He attached a sharp hook to one of the chains as he lifted up Beldin. He already began to panic, knowing what was coming next. “No… No no no no no please!”
“Perhaps this will teach you to watch your tongue!” He said.
He dropped him right above the hook. The hook pierced through the flesh and the opening of bone that was his jaws. The hook pierced his tongue as he let out a blood curdling yell of pain. The Warden hummed as he gathered the leftover chains and brought them with him, leaving Beldin there to hang on the hook. He continued roll call as he got near the end. “Winnick.” He said, the cries echoing further down the hall. There was no response to the prisoner’s name being called. “Winnick…” He said again, waiting for the prisoner to reply. He peered in the cell, seeing him curled up facing the wall. He rolled his eyes. This one was always a problem. He was one of the first prisoners here, and one of the first to receive The Warden’s cruel torture. He was middle aged, and covered in scars, front and back, from the chain whipping. The Warden skimmed through his keys to open the door. Once he found the right one, he opened the door and readied his chains for his punishment. “Now now Winnick. You know you’re suppose to respond immediately when addressed. I suppose another whipping is in order.” He said. He flicked his chains to grab at his arms. With a yank, he pulled him towards him, but what he saw coming next was a surprise.
Winnick didn’t fall off his feet in fear, oh no. He stood on them in bravery, sanity, and revenge. He turned around, coming at him with a shiv. The Warden was caught off guard completely. He didn’t see this coming at all, nor did he know how to react due to never experiencing retaliation. Mostly, they’d be too afraid to do anything, but this man has gone too insane to even consider fear as an option anymore. The shiv plunged right through an opening of his coat, as Thresh gasps in pain. A small smile spread across Winnick. He actually did it! He had gotten him! He began to pull the shiv, stabbing repeatedly into his chest, his laughter of insanity filling the hall.
The Warden began to move no more, he was now just a bleeding corpse. Winnick had freed the other prisoners, except for Beldin, as they began to perform a proper coffin for him. They grabbed all the chains, except for the ones hanging Beldin, as they began to wrap his body up in the weapons that he used to hurt others. They all got out of the prison, as they went to the shore. They put his chained body in a small raft, standing at the end of the shore. The man pushing the boat to the sea whispered, “Rot in Hell.” He said as he pushed it out to sea. The raft floated onwards, being carried to wherever the ocean wanted him to go.
Black. Everything was pitch black. Yet he could see himself clear as day. He looked around, chains in his hand. “Hello?” The Warden said, walking around. Was he dead? Was this hell? Was this heaven? A light blue flame was lit from behind, grabbing his attention quickly. He turned to see what was behind him, gasping in shock. A man stood there in a large, royal, and old chair. He wore armor and robes, that were dusty and torn apart. His robes were black and blue, with several holes in the clothing. His gauntlets, boots, and shoulder pads were dusty and rusted. Then there was his crown, which was tall and majestic, yet ruined with rust and decay. His face was rotted, mostly a skull now, with bits of flesh here and there. Two, purple flamed torches stood by his throne, as well as a large sword, which had a purple glow to it and a green gem in its hilt. The Warden looked at him. “… Who… What are you?”
“I am the King of the Shadow Isles.” His raspy and sickly voiced boomed. The Warden flinched at his voice slightly. “Well… What do you want?” He asked. “I have seen your death mortal, most tragic event indeed. Those criminals deserved what happened to them. Filthy mortals who did not follow their leaders.” He said, adding the last remark as he was talking to himself. “Though what I offer is a second chance. Wouldn’t you like revenge on the mortals, on human kind with the terrible people they bestowed upon you?” He asked. The Warden pondered this for a moment. He never HATED the people for sending him more prisoners to break, though he was angered at the men who killed him. “Yes… As a matter of fact I would.” He said with a nod and smile. The muscles that were left of The King showed he was showing SOME sort of smile. “Good… I have a preposition. The place that I rule is in need of help. We need souls of the living to fuel our army, so that we may rule over the pathetic continent of Valoran.”
“And?”
“We need someone to go out to Valoran, and torture the living and harvest their souls. Who would be more ideal than a man who was skilled in breaking others?” He said. “Criminals or not, anyone who you thought was deemed fit for the Isles ranks would be killed by your hand.” He said. “So what do you think? Shall you help us in our endeavor and claim revenge on your prisoners with the great powers we shall give you?” He asked. The Warden thought. This was a chance at second life. Being able to once again do what he loved most; torturing. Then he could also get back at those he hated most. And power… He promised power. Power to be over others again would be lovely. He smiled. “I will, my King.” He said with a bow. “Goooood…” He said. He lifted his sword up from its resting place as it began to glow green. He shot a beam at him as he recoiled from the hit a bit. He grunted, feeling his body changing, and let out a scream of pain, that echoed through the darkness.
What seemed so short was actually a few months for the real world. The small raft was on the shore of a more icy and colder place. It was no place other than Freiljord. Barbarians had found the boat, as they walked up towards it. “What’s in there?” One of them asked, his claymore resting on his shoulder. “It’s a boat that’s for sure, but what’s in it?” One asked, gripping onto his mace. “Well there’s only one way to find out.” The other said, as he walked up to it, holding his battle axe. When he got up to it, he examined it curiously. “Well… Whatever it is, it’s practically covered in so many chains I can’t tell what it is.”
“Well crack it open.” The other said. “Yea yea yea.” The barbarian said. He lifted his axe up and swung down on it, as the sound of metal clashing metal echoed throughout the air. Light peered through the chains, a feint, bright green glow. “What the…” He said as he looked down it. The glowing intensified extremely in a blink of an eye, and the chains exploded outwards as the barbarian was blown off his feet and towards his two allies. Dust, snow, as well as pure energy was swirling in a cloud around the explosion, but all that could be seen from inside was the silhouette of something big, dark, and pure evil. The Warden stepped out from the horrifying veil as the barbarians quaked in fear. He laughed at them, as he swung the mace in small circles before throwing it out to their doom.
After that bloody mess, The Warden looked down at the scene he had created. The snow gone from white to red, as the blood stained the frozen precipitation. The bodies began to glow for a brief second, as green orbs floated out of their bodies. He eyed these orbs curiously, as they began to float into him. He felt it their power. The barbarian’s strength, and endurance coursed throughout his ghostly body. He smiled as the souls strengthened his power. The Ruined King appeared before Thresh, in a blast of purple fire. “I’ve seen you’ve already started. Good.” He said. Thresh nodded. “But of course.” His voice echoed. The King pulled out his blade, pointing off to the distance. “Go! Go thresh this continent of pitiful mortals and humans!” He said. Without a moment of hesitation, The Warden moved onward. On his way across the snowy landscape, he thought to himself. “Hmmm… Thresh the world of souls… Thresh… I like that word.” He said with a small smile.
Village to village and tribe to tribe, none stood a chance against the Thresh. Warriors, elders, men, women, and children all had been killed with their souls sucked from their bodies. He kept moving south, leaving nothing but a path of dead soulless bodies in his wake. It wasn’t long till he had gotten to the center of Valoran, the Institute of War, as he stood at the front gates. The guards looked up at him. “W-What do you want?” They said, shaking slightly in fear.

[CENTER]“This thing you call League of Legends… Where do I sign up?”[/CENTER]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Summoners, Champions, and citizens alike! Your journalist Ram Steed here, ready to bring you a most exciting interview! Today, we give you a Q and A session with the new addition to the League, Thresh, The Chain Warden. It’s… Good… To be here with you Thresh.

Thresh: Yes yes yes, the pleasure is all mine, good to see you petty mortals, blah blah blah. Let’s just get this done. I have souls to tend to.

Ram: As you wish.

Q: We want to ask your about opinions on champions. First, what do you think of Yorick, The Gravedigger?

A: The hunchback of the Isles? I’ve never liked him. He always made things difficult, saying that the souls needed to be ascended to the afterlife. I am doing just that. Sure, it may be the afterlife of a sword and shield, but who cares? They are foolish mortals who had the chance to escape my grasps, but were too weak to do so, they deserve this life. I remember when he tried grabbing my lantern to free the souls… Well… Let’s just say he doesn’t walk with a limp for nothing.

Q: I see. Next, what do you think of the Eternal Nightmare, Nocturne?

A: Nocturne is ok I presume. I only have one small problem with him.

Q: Is that so? Do tell.

A: Nocturne is an advance killer. Going throughout the night and into people’s dreams to inflict fear, and endless torture, much like myself. However, he just kills for the sake of killing. There’s no point. He cuts them up, and that’s it. He doesn’t harvest the souls; take advantage of their strength, nothing. He just kills and moves onto the next target. Unlike him, my murders have a purpose.

Q: I see. What about Karthus, The Deathsinger?

A: I’m on neutral terms, perhaps slightly more. We both show interest in the deaths of others, though I find it slightly… Weird that he would fake his own death. Though like I said, I’m slightly above a neutral relation with him. He has told me how he loved collecting dead things when he was alive, so I thought I’d drop by with a fresh kill here and there for his so called “morbid art.”

Q: That’s ummm… Interesting… Now one more champion. Evelynn.

A: Evelynn? I don’t know THAT much about her sadly. She however, like other Shadow Islanders, has a different ways of feeding off the mortal body. I feed off the souls of the living, Mordekaiser feeds off the sickness, but she… She is different. Souls have essence, nutrients if you will, but pain in a sense doesn’t. Yet, she is able to live off of the pain of those she attacks. Sure there is also the whole sickness thing with Mordekaiser, but Evelynn… She’s different. The others are undead, but she’s something else. You’ll see a ghostly centaur, or a walking corpse, but she’s the only blue tinted person I’ve seen walking around especially in clothing that revealing.

Q: All right, one more question. Why did you join the League of Legends?

A: The people that walk about the city-states, doing daily business, would barely be able to fuel a powerful military. These champions on the other hand… They’re different. They’re stronger, faster, and smarter. They would be able to do us well. For what though, you’ll just have to wait and see. Now leave. I’d rather do my work by myself.
And there you have it folks! Another riveting interview signed off in the books! This Ram Steed, with an interview of Thresh, The Chain Warden, signing off!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was the story of the Goldheart Family and their daughter Lisa. Lisa was a young girl, 9 years to be exact, who lived in the land of Demacia. She always walked around the town with her best friends, playing games and pulling small pranks on neighbors (basic ding-dong ditch never killed anyone), and walking around with her parents. One day she and her parents were coming back home from the market to find that the neighboring house was surrounded by guards. The parents raised worried brows as they looked at each other. The father went ahead, as the Lisa looked up at her mother. “Mommy, where is Daddy going?”
“Stay here sweetie, he’s just asking the knights some questions.” She said.
The father stood in front of one of the guards. “Excuse me, but I’m the neighboring house. Can you tell me what happened?” He asked. The guard shook his head. “This is strictly authority business. Don’t panic, everything will be fine. Just a little accident happened and we’re bringing the people somewhere else to seek medical attention.”
“Can you be more speci-“
“That’s all I can tell you sir.”
“We need to know.” He said, looking back to his family. “Just to make sure we’re safe.” The guard sighed as he looked back and forth. “Look… I don’t know /what/ exactly happened. The husband and wife of this place were…. Murdered.” He whispered. The father eye’s widened slightly. Murder? In Demacia of all places?? But who could have committed such a terrible crime? “By who? Any leads?”
“The killer left no trace. Just slash marks on the bodies. We had a summoner look at it. He said that the twp was indeed dead… But they also had no inner essence, a soul if you will.”
“… You mean… As if someone sucked the life out of them?”
“Look, I wouldn’t think that. Between you and me, I don’t even trust those summoners with that magic they have. Get’s to their head, you know? We’ll make sure your family is safe.” He said. The father slowly nodded as he went back to his family. “Dauna, Lisa, let’s get inside.”
“Is everything all right, Jerald honey?” Her mother asked as Lisa looked up, back and forth to the two. “I’ll explain everything after we get inside.” He said. The family went into their home as the father bent down to Lisa’s height. “Lisa darling, why don’t you go upstairs and play with your toys, okay?” Of course, Lisa complied as she hurridly walked up to play with her toys. Jerald sighed. “They said that there’s been a murder next door… Both the husband and wife. A summoner inspected the body, saying that there were gashes… And…” The mother had a look of fear. “… And what?” She asked. Jerald looked at her. “He said they had no essence… They may had their soul sucked out.” The mother had froze up in fear. To think, that could have been them… There little Lisa… She tears up slightly. “Oh God… Jerald what do we d-“ Her voice rised as he walked up to her to calm her down. “Shhh, honey everything will be fine. You know those summoners, they can get a bit carried away with their magic and everything. We’ll be okay… Lisa too.” He said.
Meanwhile, Lisa was upstairs playing with her League toys, moving her Garen toy around. “La la la Demacia~.” She said using the toy, as well as a Master Yi one, to lightly bash against Darius. “Boom! Get dunked!” She said with a light giggle, but slowed down as she caught something out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head to look out the window, and into the attic of the neighboring house. It was hard to tell what it was. All she knew was that it had a faint, green glow, and was just there… Glowing. Little did she know it was the Chain Warden himself, standing at the window to pierce into her soul with his wicked gaze. He intensified the glow, letting his dark faade be shown clear to her. A soft, but insane laugh rang in Lisa’s mind, as she backed away. The glow faded away as she stared at the window. She had to do something… She walked with a bit of speed in her step to go tell her parents, but stopped to hear their voices. She got in halfway through their conversation, finding out that the neighbors next door may have had their souls sucked out. She inched slowly away from the steps… Just… Sitting there. That wasn’t a monster she saw… Was it? No, it couldn’t be. Mom and Dad specifically said that monsters did not exist, /especially/ under the bed, so there was no need to freak out, right?

… Right?

Later on that night, they were eating dinner. Lisa sat there simply twirling the mashed potatoes on her plate. Her mother and father looked at her worridly. “What’s wrong Lisa?” Her dad asked. Her mother chimed in afterwards saying, “Lisa, you love mash potatoes… Is everything all right?” Lisa stared down at her food. “I heard you and Daddy talking… About the neighbors. Why would they get their souls sucked out?” She looked up at them to ask her question, as her parents looked down at their food, worry now spreading across their face too. “Look dear… It’s ok. Nothing happened.” She said. Her father, making something on the spot, spoke up. “Sometimes, when people get sick they grow pale. It makes them look like they don’t have a soul. They’re fine dear, just a bit sick is all.” He said. Lisa slowly nodded. That sounded much better. There’s no such thing as monsters.

There can’t be.

“Goodnight Lisa.” Her mother said, as her parents were in her room. Her father tucked her into bed as her mother kissed her on the forehead. “We love you. Very much.” She said as they walked out.

Hours into the night there was a sound, a doorbell being rung. However, it wasn’t ringing around the whole house, but in her mind. She woke up, looking around tired. She hopped out of bed as the doorbell kept ringing in her mind, as she stood in front of the door. When she opened it, there was no one there. Odd…

[CENTER]Cling clang…

Cling clang…[/CENTER]

The sounds of chains rustling were heard, but it was coming from everywhere. First it was softer, then grew louder… And louder, to the point that it stopped immediately, leaving little Lisa in shock. She closed the door as she ran up to her bedroom, and hid under the covers. She was shaking, absolutely terrified. She was lost, what should she do? Should she just believe that it didn’t happen and go to bed? No, she should DEFINITELY go see her parents about this. She poked out of the covers, and there it was. That glowing, wicked grin that was the Warden’s face stood in front of her bed, his lantern and scythe glowing by his sides. “Hello little girl.” He said before raising the scythe.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

The parents ran into the room at the sound of their daughter’s blood curdling scream, only to find her chest cut open, with a face of true fear and shock. Eyes and mouth wide open, as she was in the middle of screaming before she met her fate. The mother covered her mouth in shock, as she too let out a scream of fright.

Thresh walked down the street, far enough to hear her mother’s screams ever so softly. He chuckled to himself at the sound, as he looked at the soul in his hand. It was too young to be able to be part of the army, but he decided that it’d be his own little souvenir. The soul floated towards the lantern, and was absorbed by it, following with an intensifying glow of sickly green, before it faded. “One down…” Thresh said as he continued to walk down the street, laughing all the way.

Ask the Chains

02-08-2013

Don't you just love it when the League posting system doesn't

Use

THE ****ING

TAB BAR!?!?!?!??!!

Ask Thresh

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Chains View Post
Don't you just love it when the League posting system doesn't

Use

THE ****ING

TAB BAR!?!?!?!??!!
Indeed. It is...Frustrating, but I've been able to work around it.

Nice submission, by the way.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-08-2013

And that's two.

I'll get the voting thread up eventually. XP