Just say GG to our Chinese overlords.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f58c77b838d09

02-08-2013

I'm writing this because I just want everyone to know what's going on in the world. This is not a troll post. If you read this entire post (not knowing what I'm going to tell you) and you don't think it's important, I feel really sorry for you.

First off, I'm a javascript programmer who lives and works in China.

During my first month here, I was at McDonalds with some Chinese co-workers. At one point, a middle-aged couple came in and had this heart-to-heart conversation with the young boy working behind the counter. It was all in Chinese of course so I asked my colleagues what they said.

Basically, it was the boy's parents, and they were saying: "Son, we don't want you to work here anymore. We've bought you a car, we've bought you a house, and we'll give you everything you need, you don't have to work any more."

His parents are so rich, they just bought him a house, and have enough money he doesn't need to work. This is not uncommon now, in any tier 1 or tier 2 city.

This in China, now. It is no longer chicken-filled streets, people on bicycles and those funny little pointy hats. Every day, I go to work, I see endless streams of Audis, BMWs, Porsches, Land Rover SUVs, Jaguars. I've seen at least 5 Lambos.

This is Shenyang, a relatively unknown tier 2 city in northeastern China.

How did China become so rich? Unfair trade. You see, when a Chinese person wants to buy a foreign product, they have to pay tax. Wanna buy a Ford F150? Gotta pay 100% extra money in tax, that extra money going to the Chinese government. It's to "protect" their local ****. Has America been doing this? No.

Do you know the real reason why Facebook and Twitter and all other big websites like this are blocked in China? Not because of politics or anything like that. It's because of money. Those websites make big money and they want to keep that money for themselves. So, they have Baidu (Google copy) Renren (Facebook) Taobao (Ebay) Ganji (Craigslist) and it goes on and on and on.

Basically, China is like a black hole of money, they have sold the west cheap junk for two decades -- cheap junk that was NOT tariffed like they do to us -- and became rich off of that. And that money isn't coming back.

And by the way, there's approximately 300 million young people over here studying to be engineers, lawyers, doctors, and so on, and they study about 12 hours per day. And many have every intention of coming to America to earn more money.

The west is pretty much sunk and most of you don't even realize it yet.

Worst Tolan Ever

02-08-2013

This can only end well

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Meph, at least in the job and position I'm going for, because of affirmative action, I'm pretty safe, I don't mind teaching to Asians in the future.

A Tribe Called Q

02-08-2013

So if they study 12 hours a day when do they have time to practice karate?

Nightlynx

02-08-2013

so you guys can create google, ebay, craigslist, facebook, and the chinese can't create their own version?

sounds off to me...

only thing I can say about this "And by the way, there's approximately 300 million young people over here studying to be engineers, lawyers, doctors, and so on, and they study about 12 hours per day. And many have every intention of coming to America to earn more money."

meritocracy and study harder. lol.

that being said... Every empire rise and fall over time. Old ones fade away whilst new ones appear. China is far more fragile than it looks at the moment, and may just collapse upon itself.

why is this in LoL GD btw? o.0

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Your ignoring a huge amount of problems emerging in China related to its social, economic, and political policies that will probably lead to China taking a serious hit within 20 years.

A few of note:
China and India have huge population imbalances and homosexuality is becoming extremely common. China's current advantage is a large amount of cheap labor existing in a nation where the cost of living is very low. Between the 1 child policy, homosexuality making it so a huge amount of men don't even try and have children, and the preference of Chinese parents to abort female children in favor of trying to get males, China's population could drop by SEVERAL HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE within 50 years.

Next up, the problem with building around cheap labor is eventually it isn't cheap anymore. China's already hit the wall here, companies like Foxcon are already moving OUT of China and instead moving into Vietnam and other less economically advanced countries. The more Chinese laborer's demand in pay and safety the less valuable they are. Much like American workers you begin to price yourself out of these jobs simply by doing them for long enough that your social and economic status actually improves.

Three, this huge jump in its economy has come at a price, that will be paid in the future. China has destroyed its natural resources in a way that the United States and European Nations Never did. The Yangtze dam has been an ecological nightmare, the strip mining and other loose regulations on pollution have resulted in massive amounts of unusable water sources and potential farm land that will keep China from ever matching the food production of the farming heavy weights in the western world (Brazil and the United States)

Skeith

02-08-2013

Thanks for letting me know

I'll get this fixed

lukertin

02-08-2013

My parents came to this country with two suitcases and $70 for a bus ticket from the airport to the city where my dad was gonna study for his master's degree. 25 years later, my parents could buy me a car, and a house, so I don't have to work anymore for the rest of my life at my job I just started where I make more than half of what they make. They went from having nothing, to having more than 90% of you.

You Americans are just lazy people. You have no ambition or commitment to make better lives for yourselves, that is why you're so poor and all you do is whine.

I Know Better

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
My parents came to this country with two suitcases and $70 for a bus ticket from the airport to the city where my dad was gonna study for his master's degree. 25 years later, my parents could buy me a car, and a house, so I don't have to work anymore for the rest of my life at my job I just started where I make more than half of what they make. They went from having nothing, to having more than 90% of you.

You Americans are just lazy people. You have no ambition or commitment to make better lives for yourselves, that is why you're so poor and all you do is whine.
Yeah, right.

ThaBizness

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post

And telling them this you think they'd change but instead they act offended and continue to fail.