@IronStylus, A New Puzzle for Us?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranigad

02-08-2013

The "Put your ear to the ground. Point your gaze to the sky." Leads me to think that Quinn might be some sort of tracker who specializes in hunting down and capturing criminals. The "put your ear to the ground" is sort of like how trackers have to know the terrain and see the clues left behind, "or hear them" while the gaze to the sky would be a reference to her bird companion.

Stylus constantly referring to "eagle eye" (sharp vision, predatorial bird, perhaps directly alluding to an eagle), "pfft ravens" (implying this bird scoffs at the idea of a raven, easily takes one down), "swain's bird needs to meet its match" (what's the opposite of a raven? enemy of a raven?), etc. leads me to think that this new bird will be more of a predator/hunter (like an eagle, falcon, or hawks)

http://www.angelfire.com/id/ravenskn...crowfacts.html
" Probably all birds that are predatory in nature are enemies to crows and ravens. These include eagles, hawks and falcons, but it is the owl that is of the highest concern."

This predator idea fits in with the tracker persona where Quinn would utilize the vantage point of Valor to better track and hunt down the prey.

"Exactly. You'll never see it coming." Makes me think of maybe an ability that allows her to sneak up on enemies? Maybe like Rengar's vision while in ult? If you're a good tracker, you'd have to sneakily follow your target until you're sure you can apprehend it, right? Maybe it refers to an aerial bird attack of sorts too since champions don't really look up xD

"Deception? That's the way of traitors and fiends. There is no justice to be found in trickery." Maybe alluding to the ability to see invisible units? She could potentially have a passive that lets her see stealthed units because of the "Eagle Eye" from Valor. Invisibility and stealth let's you trick opponents (think wu kong or shaco) but with a good look out from above and this sentence, she could potentially counter invisibility somehow.

tl;dr - I think Quinn is a tracker who excels in finding and capturing opponents. Valor, her eagle/falcon/hawk/other bird of prey partner, may grant her some sort of vision of nearby surroundings or offer offensive assistance or even somehow reveal stealth units.

I'm really looking forward to this champion and it may be the first champ I buy on release

Edit: ["WHAT?! I'm making observations of clever people making rampant but interesting postulations! Is that a crime?!"] You know who else observes clever people? Trackers =T Crime refers to her sense of justice =T

Senneus

02-08-2013

That parrot is such a tease.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-08-2013
17 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senneus View Post
That parrot is such a tease.
Well I can't just let out all the info at once, you guys are way too smart and deserve some fun in speculation and theorycrafting!

Grimmis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Leave it to the bird to squawk about a champion he's involved in creating. :P
All those subtle hints in the lore... hahaha it's like they're not even trying to hide things anymore.

Aussiebumbum

02-08-2013

Has any of this gotta do with the not-battlecast anivia model thing that morello said awhile back... or perhaps the parrot is playing with my mind @_@

Senneus

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmis View Post
Leave it to the bird to squawk about a champion he's involved in creating. :P
All those subtle hints in the lore... hahaha it's like they're not even trying to hide things anymore.
So far, all we've really learned from these subtle hints is that the champion is a female, probably has a bird, and is Damacian. Everything else is purely speculation from what I can see.

On a side-note, I'm loving the tie-ins to already established lore. I just love seeing interactions between champions. Sometimes, I feel like I just pick a character and it's just a bunch of automatons beating the snot out of each other. When the characters ACTUALLY acknowledge each other, team death-match suddenly becomes more meaningful. Hearing Vi's sarcastic, "Hey Jayce! Powerslam!" develops her character (as well as her and Jayce's relationship as Piltovians). On the other hand, Graves' smokescreen interaction with Nocturne makes a weird connection between two characters who otherwise have nothing in common.

There's so much more I would say, but I feel I'm just rambling at this point. Whatever, good job with your stuff, Birdpen!

Reset Button

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well I can't just let out all the info at once, you guys are way too smart and deserve some fun in speculation and theorycrafting!
Ok, one question. Can I expect another "Demacia!" scream...

Because then J4, Garen, Lux and Quinn makes 4, add one more eventually and you can have an entire team scream it at the same time...

brbdyingoflaughter

Aussiebumbum

02-08-2013

WAIT A SEC! Ironstylus likes birds, Quinn has something to do with a birds!
In the name of Leona, it's a sign!

Sneaky parrot :P

Sinspurch

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
but at the rate of which the info is being presented....you could have it all ready and just slap n paste it today/tomorrow : ooo

Grimmis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senneus View Post
So far, all we've really learned from these subtle hints is that the champion is a female, probably has a bird, and is Damacian. Everything else is purely speculation from what I can see.
A female Damacian hawk hunter. "Val" being her companion hawk. She uses he bird of prey to hunt down enemies of the crown. I'd wager Solari Brigadier nailed it on the head with his first post.
My only thoughts are, was Swain jealous was told he wasn't "the bird". Because, you know, everyone's heard about the bird. [Queue Peter Griffons - Bird is the Word]