A little thanks to IronStylus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melancholy Exile

02-07-2013

Though I somewhat doubt he'll see this any time soon, I'd like to extend a little thanks to Ironstylus for being someone who clearly goes the extra mile when it comes to developing the characters of League of Legends and the lore of this game in general.

The run-up to Diana's release has been something of a high point in the lore for quite some time, with only the Shadow Isles event event to rival it, and the arrival of the latest champion seems to be heading down a similar path. It's wonderful to see a return to something more akin to the previews we used to know and, in conjunction with his recent slough of clues and hints on the forums, an attempt to actually build and sustain interest in who this new addition to the League is, even before they've been truly revealed to us. I can't even begin to tell you just how much I appreciate first meeting a champion in this manner, and letting them and their manner tell their story, before their lore puts things into context. It's a fantastic way of getting the core of who they are across.

I feel much like I did as we were approaching Diana's release (One of my favourite champions, as it happens); there's just this new surge of life being put back into things and a sense that speculating, and trying to work out just where this new addition fits into the world, is positively encouraged, rather than just our desperate attempts to fill in the gaps in the lore. Even though I barely play this game any more, and just focus on the lore, you're still managing to get me excited and genuinely make me want to get back into this ... and for a freaking Demacian of all things.

So once again: Thanks to you and everyone else who's worked with you on this project.

Protect the faith.

UglyDoge

02-07-2013

upvote and bump for parrots

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-07-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
Though I somewhat doubt he'll see this any time soon..
I see it!

Melancholy Exile

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I see it!
I guess two hours is soon in the grand scheme of things

Forgive me my scepticism, I've just taken to assuming that Reds don't check this section of the forum all that often and thought you'd be more than a little busy with all the attention you're getting over on GD. Really nice of you to show up though; it means a lot to me.

Faith status: Protected.

KHDragonn

02-07-2013

Quote:
I see it!
he sees all

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-07-2013

that should really be moved to the lore forum for prosperity's sake.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-07-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

We all care about the champions we release, but I agree that IronStylus has a certain flair for hyping up the ones he's involved in. Nice job as usual, parrot.

CorpseMoney

02-07-2013

Meh imo, just gimme some pics, lemme know what the kit does. Then I know if I'm gonna shell out cash for it or not.

Hype and suspense is not for me.

Youso1337

02-07-2013

Quote:
I see it!
And you didn't SEE my fanfic yet, did you...

I even got the second-to-last chapter up recently...

AndromedaCat

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Nice job as usual, parrot.

I read that in a villain's voice. Sort of like "next time Gadget"