Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlVIR

02-07-2013

jarven and garen are strong independent white men who don't need no help from a female ADC.

The PKK Revenge

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher Crisis View Post
being a self taught modder i must say its not easy to get into, but deffinately worth it. and when you start, make sure you pick things to learn about that will translate into tangible experence for your goal job. and then be diligent about your work, don't procrastinate because stuff seems to hard and takes to long to finish, as you'll never be able to accomplish much of anything that way.

Unity engine is a great start, the open source nature of it give you almost limitless possibilitys, some buddys of mine are working on a project for unity and they really enjoy it, although i have not learned it yet, simply because i work on a project for a much older game that i enjoy and know well (that and i can't 3d texture map =P). But if your just starting out, unity is a great platform.
Thank you. Downloading it now. Just needed to know if I could actually use it as a starting point or if there were things I needed to learn before hand.

Numot

02-07-2013

Here is the thread where the name Quinn has already been used.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2768187
You might remember her from Vi's release, her Quinn was very close to Vi. Now Quinn is the name of a new champ. Vi passed the test since it takes over a year to make a champ. However I think Riot needs to visit the thread again, prove the name, which she also came up with on her own was not stolen from her, and for god sake hire her already. She has hit a champ type and name on the dot with no inside intel from Riot. She thinks the same, great minds think alike, hire her.

And the blog you can find Quinn on, since she ran out of room on the thread for all the concepts months ago. Page Quinn is on http://izzabelleart.blogspot.com/sea...&by-date=false and here is page one, where she comments on Quinn once again showing up on radar http://izzabelleart.blogspot.com/

This is starting to get scary. Can we expect the next champ to also be somehow linked to her concepts. If so you really should hire her.

ArcticSirius

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher Crisis View Post
being a self taught modder i must say its not easy to get into, but deffinately worth it. and when you start, make sure you pick things to learn about that will translate into tangible experence for your goal job. and then be diligent about your work, don't procrastinate because stuff seems to hard and takes to long to finish, as you'll never be able to accomplish much of anything that way.

Unity engine is a great start, the open source nature of it give you almost limitless possibilitys, some buddys of mine are working on a project for unity and they really enjoy it, although i have not learned it yet, simply because i work on a project for a much older game that i enjoy and know well (that and i can't 3d texture map =P). But if your just starting out, unity is a great platform.
in the words of the mighty Volty, "this man speaks the truth"

Perry Hawter

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PKK Revenge View Post
Yeah, my high school had about 3 computer programming classes. But like I said, not enough people signed up for the classes, even all 3 combined, for them to actually have it. I haven't applied to college, honestly I'm more interested in trying to learn this stuff myself then going to classes for it. But like I said, I have no knowledge of game design, game development, or even programming. I just need a starting point really and I could go from there. I'm not sure this Unity program that was mentioned could be used as a starting point though.
Unity is really powerful. My brother has been using it to develop games for the iOS. Like this one.

It's also pretty accessible. The interface is largely drag-and-drop for asset management and it will import files directly from popular 3d studio software. You will need to write scripts (javascript is probably the easiest to pick up if you don't have much experience) for actual game logic. The program is free and there are many tutorials and demos to learn from. You should check it out.

Nervyr

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSirius View Post
in the words of the mighty Volty, "this man speaks the truth"
Lol, Just for fun, this was an early beta of my little project: http://armada2.filefront.com/file/St...he_Void;121286

The site that hosts it has server troubles, so you'll have to refresh a buch of times, but basicly it was a survival style MOBA, that ended in a last man stading type of thing. Alliances were possible, so "pacts" to kill stronger players happend a lot. The upgrades were extensive, and the weapons were awesome. I pioneered a lot of new concepts in the A2 engine with it. but as its stands that release is convoluted and lacks clear focus and streamlined implementation, but i'm working on a new version now that is much better. =D

and yes i'm a trek fan. burn me. i would. =D

(But as you see, just little stuff like this can help out your gaming resume a LOT, in fact, just 1 more released project, some traditional schooling, and i could probably land a job as an intern at some game studio)

Edit: I also would not recommend D/Ling it, as the sheer ammount of stuff it require to work is ridiculous

Lykurgus

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
More story first =)
I'm torn! I want to try her out already, yet I want more story and lore, oh the quandary!

On the up side it's nice to see reveals like this again, i'm just a little impatient because adc has become my favorite role and it's a little upsetting that it (and to some extent support) is the least populated role. Also pet classes rule!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-07-2013
22 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoresuMakashi View Post
IronStylus, I love you.

Please keep these innovative lore snippets going.
You may want to keep this thread bookmarked =)

Cytus

02-07-2013

Can someone give us a teaser again? Like when we got that Zyra back-view. We don't need to see her face but can we just see like her hair color or something? Or her companion?

Echous

02-07-2013

There is a reason there are no "bird" monster camps in the jungle,

because everyone loves DA BIRD!