Boom Boom Vi - Srs Bsns Skin Concept

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreestyleKneepad View Post
That would be awesome. Thanks a bunch for the support, man. I've been hoping to see Firedancer Draven, you've done a fantastic job with the thread.
Here, this is the pack I used to supplement my custom brushes. It's really fantastic. Saved me a helluva time with clouds in particular, and general shading and texturing with some of the soft brushes. Takes some getting used to them, but experiment with them when you finally get the chance.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/My-Brush-Pack-118954791

As I said, I use custom brushes as well, but primarily only for lineart and very sharp details (because I don't care too much for the default lineart brushes) and certain styles of shading, but that pack should still serve you extremely well on its own. And as recommended, skim deviantART for others. Will do you some serious justice.

As for supporting your skin, I foresee good things with it And I'm happy to help when I can.

Also, *bows* I appreciate the compliment towards my thread~

FreestyleKneepad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypatrol View Post
Here, this is the pack I used to supplement my custom brushes. It's really fantastic. Saved me a helluva time with clouds in particular, and general shading and texturing with some of the soft brushes. Takes some getting used to them, but experiment with them when you finally get the chance.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/My-Brush-Pack-118954791

As I said, I use custom brushes as well, but primarily only for lineart and very sharp details (because I don't care too much for the default lineart brushes) and certain styles of shading, but that pack should still serve you extremely well on its own. And as recommended, skim deviantART for others. Will do you some serious justice.

As for supporting your skin, I foresee good things with it And I'm happy to help when I can.

Also, *bows* I appreciate the compliment towards my thread~
I think I've seen this before, years and years ago before I had a tablet. Thanks, man. =]

Spookypatrol

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreestyleKneepad View Post
I think I've seen this before, years and years ago before I had a tablet. Thanks, man. =]
No problem! Good luck and have fun with your thread. That's the most important part, eh? Having fun with it is the only reason my thread is so ungodly long, rofl.

FreestyleKneepad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

"Ippo, to defeat Udyr-san, you must learn... your urutimitu."

"U-Urutimitu?"

Magister Gir

02-07-2013

I think it's a really cool design just that the whole dress/costume could use tweaking like her goggles you completely forgot about them, or at least I think you did, also she wears something on her back from what I tell by the skins either it's a power pack or personal accessory it might actually be something she would need for her gloves to work and lift up along with her shoulder guards. So just a few tweaks with her costume would be awesome IMO but again this is just me being nit picky other than that great work on it all around and great drawings.

ShawtyImFlexxin

02-07-2013

+1 for shorts and sports bra.

omegademan

02-07-2013

Looks interesting.

Cartod

02-07-2013

I like this skin idea a lot actually, although not huge on your hair choice.:x

FreestyleKneepad

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister Gir View Post
I think it's a really cool design just that the whole dress/costume could use tweaking like her goggles you completely forgot about them, or at least I think you did, also she wears something on her back from what I tell by the skins either it's a power pack or personal accessory it might actually be something she would need for her gloves to work and lift up along with her shoulder guards. So just a few tweaks with her costume would be awesome IMO but again this is just me being nit picky other than that great work on it all around and great drawings.
The goggles were an intentional design decision. I liked them, but I thought that any headgear would be a bad idea to have in a boxing match (I couldn't wear my glasses when I wrestled in high school), so it made the most sense to leave them out.

As for the power pack, you have a good point and I understand what you mean. If you have a good idea as to how to make something like that that fits the skin, that'd be awesome. The only thing I could think of right now off the top of my head is some sort of jewel or gem (NO TARIC GO AWAY THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT YOU) that was on the back of her sports bra, but I don't know how to make that cohesive with the rest of the design.

FreestyleKneepad

02-07-2013

Just gonna start putting replies to design questions in the second post, I think.