@Riot. I think you are getting "Bluffers" And "Trolls" mixed up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotoriousV

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezune View Post
Zomg wow....u r such a genius....do you too have a PHD in psychology??? I have like FIVE of them, you know because they just hand them out to anyone these days.

Man, maybe riot should hire you and throw you in with the rest of their psych team.
Like this guy is trying his hardest to piss off OP. But too bad looks like OP is a very chill person. He couldn't even get a negative reaction out of OP

Trolling fail.

Shadeykris

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
I wasn't agreeing with Riot's definition of "troll" though
What they were saying is that behavior which caused other teammates to dodge or worry about the game was encouraged by the S2 no-loss dodge policy. That is what they are attempting to reduce with the S3 changes. Obviously it won't matter to real trolls but it will have an effect on bluffers.

Debating whether their strategy will work or not might be a point worth bringing up, or how best to do so, but correcting them for their word usage when your definition supports their plan seems silly.

NotoriousV

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
What they were saying is that behavior which caused other teammates to dodge or worry about the game was encouraged by the S2 no-loss dodge policy. That is what they are attempting to reduce with the S3 changes. Obviously it won't matter to real trolls but it will have an effect on bluffers.

Debating whether their strategy will work or not might be a point worth bringing up, or how best to do so, but correcting them for their word usage when your definition supports their plan seems silly.
OP still has a valid point.

The first step is to determine an accurate definition of "troll" before they can tackle that problem.

The fact that they actually thought that Bluffers = Trolls was a bad start.

King Tommen

02-07-2013

Wall of text from a prescriptivist.

Hey, OP, deal with the fact the term troll has been diluted.

Just like how decimate doesn't necessarily mean to reduce by one tenth, anymore.

Language evolves with use. Deal with it.

iatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

So the AD Soraka I had that was trying to force a dodge wasn't a troll? Sure, she actually tried to win when she was in the game... but it was an AD Soraka. We lost.

Sorry, to me, that's a troll even if she was trying to bluff people into dodging.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I like the distinction. It's definitely true that there is a mindset difference between trolls and bluffers. Bluffers will dodge when called. Trolls won't.

King Tommen

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousV View Post
Like this guy is trying his hardest to piss off OP. But too bad looks like OP is a very chill person. He couldn't even get a negative reaction out of OP

Trolling fail.
And the irony is hilarious.

The OP is arguing for a definition that you don't even know yourself.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatre View Post
So the AD Soraka I had that was trying to force a dodge wasn't a troll? Sure, she actually tried to win when she was in the game... but it was an AD Soraka. We lost.

Sorry, to me, that's a troll even if she was trying to bluff people into dodging.
You have to factor in other elements, it's not just bluffer or troll only one or the other must exist.

You must consider that the AD soraka has downs and has an IQ of below 50, doesn't understand how the game works, doesn't know that ADraka is generally bad unless you are a prodigy and managed to pull that off. That raka you had in your team wasn't a troll, just a ret4rd trying to win the game thinking his idea will work.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tommen View Post
Wall of text from a prescriptivist.

Hey, OP, deal with the fact the term troll has been diluted.

Just like how decimate doesn't necessarily mean to reduce by one tenth, anymore.

Language evolves with use. Deal with it.
Thank you for your input.

It would've helped if you actually took the time to read what I posted.

It wasn't even close to a wall of text. Not even 500 words.

NotoriousV

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tommen View Post
And the irony is hilarious.

The OP is arguing for a definition that you don't even know yourself.
Oh ok.