Recieving 2 lp per win

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingJVR

Junior Member

02-07-2013

I have consistently been receiving 1-3 lp per win and losing about 17 per loss. Please fix this as it is infuriating.

Thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

02-07-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

We're currently working on a solution to ease up on LP loss calculations. As for the low LP per win gain, the system is designed to keep you from getting to a tier it feels you aren't ready for based on hidden MMR. This is due to the fact that you cannot be demoted out of tiers. Getting into a tier too early and just being handed loss after loss would be pretty demoralizing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandemoniumVV

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
We're currently working on a solution to ease up on LP loss calculations. As for the low LP per win gain, the system is designed to keep you from getting to a tier it feels you aren't ready for based on hidden MMR. This is due to the fact that you cannot be demoted out of tiers. Getting into a tier too early and just being handed loss after loss would be pretty demoralizing
Actually, This isnt true. You wouldn't get into a tier and get handed loss after loss. This is because matchmaking is based on MMR. LP gain/loss is based on ur MMR with respect to the average MMR in your division. So, you may win less LP for wins in a division you arent good enough for, but you would still win/lose at the same rate because you would still be queued with people who match your MMR.
Potentially, you could be stuck at the bottom of your division because you lose more LP for losses than u gain from wins, but you would have your typical win/loss.

When you are a red, people beleive what you say. Either preface with "how i think it works" or with a disclaimer so people know what you're saying isn't necessarily right.

EDIT: to clarify, the reason why LP gains are low at the top end of your division is because the system is completing checks to make sure you are ready for the next division, not so you dont get stomped in losses, but so that you have a chance to advance in that division.
the system prefers you be at the top of a division than stuck at the bottom of one indefinitely


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canfrith

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Wow. I just realized. They do their best to find where you should be not because they want to hold you back, but because they don't want the game to suck after you hit somewhere you are not good enough by losing game after game.
Not sure if that makes much sense, but in my head it does! =P

Keep up the good work Riot! <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandemoniumVV

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canfrith View Post
Wow. I just realized. They do their best to find where you should be not because they want to hold you back, but because they don't want the game to suck after you hit somewhere you are not good enough by losing game after game.
Not sure if that makes much sense, but in my head it does! =P

Keep up the good work Riot! <3
... you won't lose game after game... see my post above. They are trying to keep it fun though and that's why the system is implemented. Namely, it is more fun to be at the top of your division and striving to get 100 lp for another promotion series, rather than make it into a division your real MMR isn't good enough for, so you will have low LP gains and high LP losses.
Key thing to remember: nomatter what, you are queued based on MMR. nomatter your division, you will be in games with people with your MMR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undearth

Junior Member

02-07-2013

i have the same problem :/ how i cant leave this league hell if the system have a bug


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

02-07-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentvendetta View Post
... you won't lose game after game... see my post above. They are trying to keep it fun though and that's why the system is implemented. Namely, it is more fun to be at the top of your division and striving to get 100 lp for another promotion series, rather than make it into a division your real MMR isn't good enough for, so you will have low LP gains and high LP losses.
Key thing to remember: nomatter what, you are queued based on MMR. nomatter your division, you will be in games with people with your MMR.
Should rephrase my statment: You're correct in that you will be playing with players with similar MMR but its more than likely you'll be stuck towards that bottom of that Tier if you're not really ready since you would be beaten back down once you start matching with players with higher MMRs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adibash

Junior Member

02-07-2013

Today i start playing ranked with 46LP, i won 4 ranked in row, and i 18-18-9-4 LP ( 95LP ). I said, lets do the last win for the promotion series, but no, i lost 3 game in row and WOW -17, -17, -20, and now i have (41LP) less point than i started play today, with a total of 4 wins and 3 lost.

This is really stupid.

A player from EUW if u want to check my match hystory: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/20593706#history


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnagè

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJVR View Post
I have consistently been receiving 1-3 lp per win and losing about 17 per loss. Please fix this as it is infuriating.

Thanks
If this is indeed true then riot has failed us all. By this math even at a max of 3 per win you have to win 6 in a row before you lose a game to gain just 1 lp..... I don't really play ranked but it sounds like the system still needs a ton of work.

Edit: It also makes zero sense that riot uses a hidden number to determine your skill. If they are so confident in their system then why have things hidden?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyskerin

Junior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
We're currently working on a solution to ease up on LP loss calculations. As for the low LP per win gain, the system is designed to keep you from getting to a tier it feels you aren't ready for based on hidden MMR. This is due to the fact that you cannot be demoted out of tiers. Getting into a tier too early and just being handed loss after loss would be pretty demoralizing
While this kind of makes sense, didn't you guys realize that winning 2 ip for a win and getting -20 for a loss is equally if not even more demoralizing? I was in the same boat as the OP, I was getting close to 100 IP in Silver I, had 88 LP, won a game and only got 6 LP) bringing me to 94 LP. Ok, that was kind of frustrating, but whatever, i knew LP gain would slow down when I got close to 100. So then I played another game and only got 2 LP for winning to get to 96 LP. I face palmed hard when I saw that.... I then played another game, lost after a hard fight and then lost 19 LP bringing me down below where I started. Then lost another game because of someone decided to troll and then lost another ~15 LP. I went 2-2 but lost over 5 times the LP that I gained. That REALLY killed my desire to play ranked games for awhile, very demoralizing knowing that whenever I work my way back up near 100 LP, all that hard work can be erased by a single loss...


12345 ... 6