Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixSlayer13

02-07-2013

Parrot, we needs teh splash art. Please.

Maybe if I give you a cracker?

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Hi! I guess I should write an introductory post at some point (I've been here for nine months or so), but I spent my first six months at Riot pitching new champions; I helped pitch a run of about ten champs that began with Zed. Nowadays, I work on champion biographies, voiceover scripts, and tooltips.

Of all the champions I've helped pitch, I definitely have a fondness for the female champs: Vi, Quinn, and a couple more that have yet to see release. Vi and Quinn in particular borrow a lot from my personal inspirations.

I also work really, really hard so Runaan doesn't fire me! Please tell Runaan what a good job I'm doing so Runaan'll let me go home before midnight!

I'll give a full rundown of my story when I in that upcoming introductory post.
I think we met IRL, at the pubcrawl in LA?

Volty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

02-07-2013
14 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Hound View Post
If the sound of the nighttime breeze could be likened to the soft rustle of feathers, then the sound of Quinn slipping through the boughs of the Demacian copse had to be no louder than the mere thought of such a sound. Overhead, floating on wings as midnight-blue as the king's own royal seal, Val kept a razor-keen eye on the scene below. The only hint of his presence was the occasional cold gleam of a talon, reflecting the silver fire of the stars above. It was a new moon; Quinn had picked this night specifically, knowing that secrecy was of the utmost importance. A soft coo from above stopped her dead in her tracks, barely balancing on a branch -- something ahead gleamed in the same way as Val's talons, though even sharper and colder.

"Good evening, Talon," Quinn said, keeping her eyes directly on the gleam of The Blade's Shadow. If that gleam disappeared, she knew, she would need to be more than just light on her feet.

"Birdkeeper," replied the Noxian assassin, by way of greeting. "What exactly do you mean by asking me here? And why did you take such pains to contact me directly, instead of routing through Noxian High Command? Lord Darius will not be pleased if he learns that my...excursion...is common knowledge to Demacia."

The dancing patterns of starlight and shadow on the sharply-edged shape before Quinn's eyes were mesmerising, and it took a moment before she was able to respond. She mentally checked herself. Don't get distracted, not even for a moment. You're better than this.

"I...I asked you here to warn you. King Lightshield suspects you of a multiple homicide within my borders. I was ordered to both track and execute you, in no uncertain terms. I reviewed the crime scene, though. This isn't your style of Noxian diplomacy. It just isn't." Here she shook her head lightly. "This isn't the style of the Demacia I love. This isn't the honour I learnt. We know of your movements toward the Golden Crossing, so I--"

The deadly gleam before her disappeared. Her breath caught in her throat; her veins filled with a mix of ice and lightning; her muscles tightened, coiled, twitched. A shrill cry from Val overhead was barely audible over the thumping of her heart.

Where did he go?

"Only fools pledge life to honour," a voice whispered right behind her ear, and she felt the unfeeling tingle of steel press against her throat. She screwed her eyes tight.

Here it is.

The end.

"...but I respect your devotion. As you know, I never compromise. It seems you do not either." The blade at her throat moved away slightly. "Warning your land's most dangerous enemy of his impending capture? I won't thank you. But I will alter my course without betraying your foolish mistake, nor will I reveal this meeting to my superiors. But be warned..."

She heard the rustle of his cape in the darkness, the clink of his blades like a choir of wind chimes.

"Don't cross me."
Wow, this is well done! +1 Would read again.

Raptamei

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
I'll reserve judgment until I see mechanics; hyping up a champ is cool and all, but at the end of the day, mechanics dictates everything.

Expect A Bruiser™.

Question Hound

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
Wow, this is well done! +1 Would read again.
Gosh, Volty gave me a compliment =u= Did you design Quinn, incidentally? And/or do you need Creative Design interns?

NotBuzzJack

02-07-2013

Volty, her kit, please. Must. Theory craft.

CynicalGiant

02-07-2013

Quote:
Gosh, Volty gave me a compliment =u= Did you design Quinn, incidentally? And/or do you need Creative Design interns?
He designed Quinn.

skippymcgee

02-07-2013

Quote:
If the sound of the nighttime breeze could be likened to the soft rustle of feathers, then the sound of Quinn slipping through the boughs of the Demacian copse had to be no louder than the mere thought of such a sound. Overhead, floating on wings as midnight-blue as the king's own royal seal, Val kept a razor-keen eye on the scene below. The only hint of his presence was the occasional cold gleam of a talon, reflecting the silver fire of the stars above. It was a new moon; Quinn had picked this night specifically, knowing that secrecy was of the utmost importance. A soft coo from above stopped her dead in her tracks, barely balancing on a branch -- something ahead gleamed in the same way as Val's talons, though even sharper and colder.

"Good evening, Talon," Quinn said, keeping her eyes directly on the gleam of The Blade's Shadow. If that gleam disappeared, she knew, she would need to be more than just light on her feet.

"Birdkeeper," replied the Noxian assassin, by way of greeting. "What exactly do you mean by asking me here? And why did you take such pains to contact me directly, instead of routing through Noxian High Command? Lord Darius will not be pleased if he learns that my...excursion...is common knowledge to Demacia."

The dancing patterns of starlight and shadow on the sharply-edged shape before Quinn's eyes were mesmerising, and it took a moment before she was able to respond. She mentally checked herself. Don't get distracted, not even for a moment. You're better than this.

"I...I asked you here to warn you. King Lightshield suspects you of a multiple homicide within my borders. I was ordered to both track and execute you, in no uncertain terms. I reviewed the crime scene, though. This isn't your style of Noxian diplomacy. It just isn't." Here she shook her head lightly. "This isn't the style of the Demacia I love. This isn't the honour I learnt. We know of your movements toward the Golden Crossing, so I--"

The deadly gleam before her disappeared. Her breath caught in her throat; her veins filled with a mix of ice and lightning; her muscles tightened, coiled, twitched. A shrill cry from Val overhead was barely audible over the thumping of her heart.

Where did he go?

"Only fools pledge life to honour," a voice whispered right behind her ear, and she felt the unfeeling tingle of steel press against her throat. She screwed her eyes tight.

Here it is.

The end.

"...but I respect your devotion. As you know, I never compromise. It seems you do not either." The blade at her throat moved away slightly. "Warning your land's most dangerous enemy of his impending capture? I won't thank you. But I will alter my course without betraying your foolish mistake, nor will I reveal this meeting to my superiors. But be warned..."

She heard the rustle of his cape in the darkness, the clink of his blades like a choir of wind chimes.

"Don't cross me."
Lesson learnt, Talon's a ******bag. >.>

Dextii

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymcgee View Post
No he's badass.

Question Hound

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymcgee View Post
He just don't mess around. His momma didn't raise no fool.