I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FadedChameleon

02-07-2013

You I like, I enjoy character desigins myself (although I'm more into the mechanics than anything, how they would play) maybe we could work together

Not to mention the fact your art is amazing, I can't draw to save my life so I am jealous ;~;

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Seriously great work. I went through your blog, and Bile and Setesh are probably my favorites.

I'd like to ask you some questions, actually. I'm trying to improve my art, so I'm trying to get as much information about other people's techniques as possible.

Do you start with a pencil sketch, or do you do it entirely digital?
-I ask because I just got my first tablet and I'm not entirely comfortable with digital linework yet.

Would you ever be interested in posting a coloring tutorial on your blog? Something as simple as 2-5 in-progress shots with a brief explanation of the steps would be massively helpful.
-Again, I ask because I'm trying to figure out layers and masks and no matter what I try, it never looks very good or natural.

How long have you been drawing?
-I've been sketching since I was about 12 (I'm 25 now) but this is the first year I'll have the digital tools to take my art to the next level. I'm wondering how long it'll take before I'm even somewhat used to digital art.

Thanks for your time, and as you've been told a thousand times, and will be told a thousand more, your art is awesome. I hope to see your name in red some day.

Izzabelle

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
Do you start with a pencil sketch, or do you do it entirely digital?
-I ask because I just got my first tablet and I'm not entirely comfortable with digital linework yet.
Entirely digital. I use a WACOM Intuos tablet and Adobe Photoshop CS5. It takes a while to get used to doing line work, but the practice pays off later.

Quote:
Would you ever be interested in posting a coloring tutorial on your blog? Something as simple as 2-5 in-progress shots with a brief explanation of the steps would be massively helpful.
-Again, I ask because I'm trying to figure out layers and masks and no matter what I try, it never looks very good or natural.
If you look at my blog, the champion Elle has a step by step thing included with her -- if that's not enough, I can answer in more detail if you want.

Quote:
How long have you been drawing?
-I've been sketching since I was about 12 (I'm 25 now) but this is the first year I'll have the digital tools to take my art to the next level. I'm wondering how long it'll take before I'm even somewhat used to digital art.
Since I was 6. I'm 26 now. I used to be a painter up until I was about 20~22. Try to mimic the fine-art media you are comfortable with in a digital setting, and expand from there. It can take a while -- watch tutorials in your "off" time, cause it helps you get used to approaching things more efficiently when you are drawing/painting digitally.

ImmortalChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

awesome stuff

Wuddlewad

Recruiter

02-07-2013

I just recently checked out this thread and your blog so i was wondering is the quinn they talk about here
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02...pion.html#more
yours?

Izzabelle

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuddlewad View Post
I just recently checked out this thread and your blog so i was wondering is the quinn they talk about here
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02...pion.html#more
yours?
Nope. They're talking about a new Demacia champion that happens to be named Quinn

Izzabelle

02-07-2013

Bump -- Leona skin will be done tomorrow :X

Cytus

02-07-2013

Why hasn't Riot hired you yet? I want Aiden and Pakwa ASAP.

Numot

02-07-2013

Are you mad that Riot has used a name for one of your concepts? Already making in a post in the Quinn thread asking them to visit this thread again, show that the name existed before you used it, and of crouse asked them why they have not hired you yet. Great minds think alike. You have not only made a champ but a name for a champ now before any intel was given on either.

Hamburger Hooves

02-07-2013

Alright, I read your rules, so I'm not going to ask you to do anything with this concept except look at it. I found it just recently and I really like it, so I figured I might ask you to post your ideas on it? Thanks for even considering the idea!

Link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3091286