So, is the lore making a comeback?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swenka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
There's no 'lore' anymore. Riot has the opening to do some truly amazing things with their lore. They could even expand beyond it and produce things like a bi-weekly comic strip or something that tells and expands on stories of the League.

Dare I say that a cartoon series would do wonders for the lore, so long as it was done properly. It wouldn't even have to be a 'professional' cartoon. Just one put on youtube that goes for five or ten minutes per episode or something.

They have been promising 'more lore stuff is coming' for over two years now, and jack has actually happened. I understand that they're busy and expanding rapidly and they probably don't care about lore that much because of those and other factors, but it's depressing to see an area with such vast potential get ignored.

I like Riot and their game, but I judge people by their actions and not their words. When people claim for two plus years that more is coming but they don't actually do anything of significance, I stop listening to them when they continue to say the same things over and over and use their past actions as a more reliable guide to their trustworthiness on this matter.

Much like how they randomly decide to do a journal of justice, get my hopes up, then fail to do one for another year.

CorporateCommand

02-07-2013

I do hope lore makes a come back.

The main reason I like anything is largely due to lore.

Magic the Gathering and Warhammer 40K being examples.

You think I'd be all about Rakdos if I didn't know they're a bunch of crazy rioters that worship a powerful demon?

You think I'd be all about Khorne if I didn't know his followers were a bunch of blood thirsty warriors?

No, I'd have to assume all kinds of crazy stuff and not know if its canon. Lore makes or breaks a game.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaya Maryam View Post
What with IronStylus posting lore stuff, I have to ask.

Will we still have the major plot points, such as a certain person being reflected upon someone's armor whilst fighting Swain, and Caitlyn's #1 enemy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
No it isn't. He did the same for Diana and Leona.

He's the only Rioter that cares anymore tbh. Except maybe Griftrix.

Edit: Alright so I guess Griftrix searches his name up on the forums in his free time to talk with people.

Only further proving my case.

It's not just ignorant to think IronStylus is the only one who appreciates the lore, it's just plain wrong.

Runaan, Harrow, Skribbles...plenty of Rioters still enjoy the lore, I'm sure; look for the Creative Design thread they did for Vi, it's great stuff (and every other Creative Design thread they did before her). I don't doubt they would want to expand on the lore, and based on them and several others, I don't think anyone else should either. I would agree they should make it more of a point to give us more heads up on what's happening more often, or to finally release the fruits of their labor...but thinking the lore was ever gone is just being masochistic.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-07-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaya Maryam View Post
Hello! What are your thoughts on all this, Griftix?
(First thread I've made with a red response, awww yiss.)
Sorry for the delay, went to lunch...

I like lore. I'm sorry I don't have any info on this. I'm here cause someone did a summoning incantation. Usually you have to say it 3 times, but he had some witch hair to make it stronger.

Treeke

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I'm sorry I don't have any info on this.
Rip lore

thewolfknight52

02-07-2013

Honestly I hope it is. I am severely disappointed that I joined league after the lore started dying a bit

Johnnie5DubV

02-07-2013

Wait... there's lore in this game???

gsai

02-07-2013

I still think short animated movies for lore would be both an excellent and viable choice in this matter.

Uuni

02-07-2013

Lore eh? How about amping this summoner metagame up with some customizable summoner characters. Accessories cost RP.

omegademan

02-07-2013

Will there be a special JoJ?!!!!!!!111111one