Do you think Riven is unviable right now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X74

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azures Edge View Post
Yeee, I'm going to take a break from ranked Riven until this is all patched up in the future patches. Dropped from 62 % to 53 % over time since this patch hit.
That's what nerfs do. You can't expect to be so used to something, then have two big elements of said thing being watered down, and expect to be able to perform the same without any effect. Change your approach accordingly.

Knowing Riot, your chances of it being patched and fixed are slim. I hate the nerf as much as you do, but I grew into it. Granted, you're also not matched with and against a higher rate of total idiots, so it's worth almost nothing to me, but it still isn't a problem you should be worrying about. Mess with more exotic builds a bit.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

riven will never be unviable until they give her the irelia treatment.

Irelia Bot

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
riven will never be unviable until they give her the irelia treatment.
Currently Riven is where Irelia was after they made hiten only heal for 5/7/9/11/13 health when not active. They had to buff Irelia's stats in other ways to make her viable again. Riven will need some kind of buff to either her damage or to her early game sustain.

Derrick the Red

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
Thank you. But I'd still like an explanation as to why you think IE is dumb. You'll still have your typical BT or Hydra if you prefer, LW, health+AD item of choice and you can also have another one of the other items I put in the situational category depending on enemy team comp. I just fail to see what there isn't to like about an IE on a melee that's completely dependent on abilities for almost anything. It allows her to still have her massive burst damage while she can't use her abilities.
Very slow AA. I don't think that IE Is worth its cost since you can't utilize the crit all that much. You might as well build a PD while you are at it for what it is worth. With IE, you are paying for the crit chance and increased crit damage. If you want damage, just go buy another BT. It is must more cost effective

Azurlite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick the Red View Post
Very slow AA. I don't think that IE Is worth its cost since you can't utilize the crit all that much. You might as well build a PD while you are at it for what it is worth. With IE, you are paying for the crit chance and increased crit damage. If you want damage, just go buy another BT. It is must more cost effective
Bloodthirster provides a higher amount of AD as well as sustain, this coupled with the AD allows you to sustain as well as soak up damage with your E.

Azurlite

02-09-2013

Now it's dropped to 44.49 % win rate, still dropping.

X74

02-09-2013

As is the amount she's being played. Unfortunately she could soon be an abandoned champion because people aren't willing to change even a tiny bit.

Derrick the Red

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
As is the amount she's being played. Unfortunately she could soon be an abandoned champion because people aren't willing to change even a tiny bit.
I will NEVER build IE XD

...actually a joke (not about not build AD, but about not changing). I agree that change is required. Since that nerf I have had such trouble surviving in lanes...even if I get first blood many champions are still doing better by late game than I am .

Tainted fox

02-09-2013

i still love riven how she is now. although i dont lane with her so i cant say that shes bad in lane or not

jungle riven is drop dead sexy and i encourage everyone to do so. I've been playing jungle riven during the new patch and although the Nerf was heavy, it only really affected her early ult game snowball. i don't find much different from her. she's even better in team fights with her shield buff and her ult cool down are still reliable mid/end game

also don't build frozen mallet. its a bad item on riven. i find that all the ad i need is from black cleaver and bloodthirster. then build guardian angel and whatever items you feel necessary. i also only build Mercury's Treads. i dont ever take any other boots

i'm gonna try laning her now and see how it different from jungle

Azurlite

02-11-2013

Bump for Riven mains.