Why do Game Developers think they know what the players want? What games failed you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwIzTiDofAH

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildLeon View Post
The CoD series... so infinity ward and treyarch...

CoD4- Alright this would be great if you added this, this and took away this.
CoDWaW- uhm, okay you went kinda the wrong way, but you did fix some other stuff. Plus different developer. I guess not bad.
CoDMW2- errr... ok jugs gone but wtf this quickscope with no skill because of sleight of hand? Machine pistols? Shotgun secondarys? K Pro perks are a plus but one man army? Who was the idiot that thought of that.
CoDBlops- alright no stopping power and no jugg. Weapons should be balanc.... ak47u ak 74u famas famas... dear lord now you made it so accurately firing weapons that have high rate of fire rule because damage is the same through out most of the weapons.
CoDMW3- K we fixed the shotgun secondary issue but for the love of god the machine pistols are back. Accurate high rate of fire machines powerhouse above everything else (ACR/MP7) Cleaned it up a bit and are getting closer to the goal but now its patheticly easy to get kills.
CoDBlops2-... alright wtf is this. Token system? And we cant unlock all of the guns in one go either. Forced to prestige if we make the wrong choice. Guns are closer to balanced but why use a sniper when the assault rifles and submachine guns can almost have as much range. Ok nice touch to the attachments. 10 point class system is odd but manageable, but again we have the it is too easy to get kills problem.

Overall the CoDs have made it easier for people to pickup and play, and dont reward skill anymore. Older players such as myself all the way back to CoD2 realize its made steps in the right direction but its killing itself by making it to "noob friendly"
Oh man I agree so much, with everything you said about COD. I already stopped playing CODBlops2 for alot of these reasons. My solution....halo....you live longer, and need to use more skill to headshot for longer periods. Also new borderlands ftw!

TheCøøkieMonster

02-07-2013

Halo 2 and 3 were good... 2 was best

BTW .... http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3007733

Vote! yes or no and comment pls

Its Zachy Baby

Leu164

02-07-2013

Well I think that the videogame that failed me hard was Final Fantasy XIII. XIII-2. u,u geez it was really bad to play that game even thought the mechanics of the system battle were good and the graphics were superveb there was nothing of final fantasy essence in that game. The videogame industry in general I feel have fell apart...those dlc is an excuse to get out incomplete games or even games that are complete and you still have to pay for code to release a part that is in the disk you bought (hello capcom).

I play lol because is really fun and is really more than right click to the victory plus your have a tons of champions you can pick up learn and break their mechanics and the champions that have been released especially zyra, syndra, jayce, elise, vi, tresh, etc...have really fun/interesing mechanics that make the skill cap a little hard.

Eloquid

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneato View Post
sadly i already find myself spending some of my league time playing Dota2 now. League has been my #1 game for close to 3 years now, which is a longer run than any other game has before (on the plus side) but Riot always seems to break things more rather than less now a days. Season 3 ranked hasn't won me over, and has me missing Season 2 in both ranking and items. The whole League of Cleavers stupidity and health being the new #1 stat in the game is struggling to hold my interest.
Pretty much this, and as someone else said, catering to top 5% of players. Gee, pros don't think Darius is op and he's never baned in pro games. Who the **** cares? He ruins experience of majority of people that play for fun. That's the same majority that bring bread to Riot's table.

And the whole charade of fixing things that aren't broken and vice versa. I think its policy will ricochet in Riot's head, just a matter of time.

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think it's a lot of "free power," and I'd only include move-while-cast if the feel of the character were reliant upon it. Additionally, stopping to cast or attack is one of the biggest visual queues that action is occurring in many cases, and gives your brain just a little more time to react.
Before I played League, I played a game called, "Demigod" and thought the Rook in particular was pretty cool because, though sluggish, the Rook had automatic attacks that triggered when enemies were nearby (a laser tower on one shoulder and a nest of archers on the other. The Rook is huge ^ ^).

I see that most of the champions of league are "active" in nature, but I think I would enjoy a champion that has passive abilities, like a strong regen aura for itself and teammates and passive capability to damage enemies. Has that premise been considered? I like the idea of Heimer's regen aura, but the rate of regen seems really low compared to the amount of damage and health in the game. 5 per sec vs 100 damage per second seems steep to me, and I'm sure you get tired of having your judgement questioned, but I just have to ask...are ya SURE?

willlllllllllll

02-07-2013

The thing is every good game will come to an end. Following the steps of starcraft 1, cod, gear of war and other great games, league of legend are not the exception.

The point is how will they slow the inevitable through innovation and great new ideas and how will they follow up this great beginning they have set for themselves.

Strilter

02-07-2013

Conquer online... it was a ftp p2w spent way too much on it they turned a glitch which was a ranged magic attack that had a chance to poison that dealt 100 pct physical dmg sometimes into a feature of a class that could wield weapons with enough physical dmg to 1 hit ever other class on the game (that played without using another exploit which let you put all your attribute points into hp but still use weapons that required 200 points in strength) they also gave this class an AOE that hit 2/3's of the screen....

aka never play anything by net-dragon software they are out to steal your money nerf your class and hope your dumb enough to come back for more ^^ that's my bit

Kiddalee

02-07-2013

Team Fortress 2 has added so many hats, patching it uses more data than playing it. I hardly use the new stuff, if I even play.

I was mildly disappointed when they overnerfed the Pyro update. Players were complaining that the backburner gave too much HP, but those same players didn't know how powerful the new knockback on the original flame thrower would be. Valve caved hard to whining, there. They would have prevented whining if they'd released the knockback before the full Pyro update, so players would realize the backburner's HP was no big deal. I guess I'm complaining that the company listened too well... oops. But of course that isn't what stopped me playing. It's the hats.

A Nydus Worm

02-07-2013

To many sequels is a problem that a lot of companies have a problem with.

Halo could have stopped after halo 3 and been just fine.

CoD could have stopped after CoD 4

ect ect.

Oh, and Diablo 3. I dont think i will ever be that disapointed again.