2350 ELO S2 (2k current) player offering lessons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TreeEskimo

The Council

02-06-2013

PJ's a really cool guy and AFAIK giving league lessons is legal. It would in fact be ban-able for him to log into your account and boost your elo for a price, but I think charging someone for lessons should be allowed. People hire coaches/teachers for a plethora of other hobbies and sports so why should league be any different? If we want to embrace league as both a game and as a sport than allowing / supporting players who dedicate their time to teaching others is a must.

Anyways, back on topic I'm sure anyone who took PJ up on his offer would definitely get their money's worth. He's a fun guy to play with and has great amount of knowledge on how to play league competitively. I believe that his advice would be able to help most people improve if they were looking to do so.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post
PJ's a really cool guy and AFAIK giving league lessons is legal. It would in fact be ban-able for him to log into your account and boost your elo for a price, but I think charging someone for lessons should be allowed. People hire coaches/teachers for a plethora of other hobbies and sports so why should league be any different? If we want to embrace league as both a game and as a sport than allowing / supporting players who dedicate their time to teaching others is a must.

Anyways, back on topic I'm sure anyone who took PJ up on his offer would definitely get their money's worth. He's a fun guy to play with and has great amount of knowledge on how to play league competitively. I believe that his advice would be able to help most people improve if they were looking to do so.
Glad to hear that, I was just worried about the forum ToS

Rockin Socks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I've actually already purchased lessons from the poster in thoughts of becoming a better ADC. He's very laid back and critical and tells you exactly what you need to hear. I'm already buying follow up lessons to continue this.

Starr

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post

I agree, and I appreciate your kind words <3

Starr

02-09-2013

bump, looking pretty free this week.

dj78x

02-09-2013

Lol. Wait till riot finds this. Economy is tough out there eh.

Starr

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78x View Post
Lol. Wait till riot finds this. Economy is tough out there eh.
Why do so many people think offering lessons for a fee is illegal? If you could read the thread riot has already "found" this.

dj78x

02-09-2013

well if its not i would be shocked. I have never known a game company to be fine with someone else making money off of them. w/e though. Good Luck.

Starr

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78x View Post
well if its not i would be shocked. I have never known a game company to be fine with someone else making money off of them. w/e though. Good Luck.
There are many games that allow coaching/lessons. Not to mention streamers make tons of money "off" league of legends. I don't understand what you're so confused about.

Starr

02-11-2013

Bump! I'm free except on Thursday and Sunday n-n.