2350 ELO S2 (2k current) player offering lessons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TreeEskimo

The Council

02-06-2013

PJ's a really cool guy and AFAIK giving league lessons is legal. It would in fact be ban-able for him to log into your account and boost your elo for a price, but I think charging someone for lessons should be allowed. People hire coaches/teachers for a plethora of other hobbies and sports so why should league be any different? If we want to embrace league as both a game and as a sport than allowing / supporting players who dedicate their time to teaching others is a must.

Anyways, back on topic I'm sure anyone who took PJ up on his offer would definitely get their money's worth. He's a fun guy to play with and has great amount of knowledge on how to play league competitively. I believe that his advice would be able to help most people improve if they were looking to do so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post
PJ's a really cool guy and AFAIK giving league lessons is legal. It would in fact be ban-able for him to log into your account and boost your elo for a price, but I think charging someone for lessons should be allowed. People hire coaches/teachers for a plethora of other hobbies and sports so why should league be any different? If we want to embrace league as both a game and as a sport than allowing / supporting players who dedicate their time to teaching others is a must.

Anyways, back on topic I'm sure anyone who took PJ up on his offer would definitely get their money's worth. He's a fun guy to play with and has great amount of knowledge on how to play league competitively. I believe that his advice would be able to help most people improve if they were looking to do so.
Glad to hear that, I was just worried about the forum ToS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockin Socks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-07-2013

I've actually already purchased lessons from the poster in thoughts of becoming a better ADC. He's very laid back and critical and tells you exactly what you need to hear. I'm already buying follow up lessons to continue this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starr

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post
PJ's a really cool guy and AFAIK giving league lessons is legal. It would in fact be ban-able for him to log into your account and boost your elo for a price, but I think charging someone for lessons should be allowed. People hire coaches/teachers for a plethora of other hobbies and sports so why should league be any different? If we want to embrace league as both a game and as a sport than allowing / supporting players who dedicate their time to teaching others is a must.

Anyways, back on topic I'm sure anyone who took PJ up on his offer would definitely get their money's worth. He's a fun guy to play with and has great amount of knowledge on how to play league competitively. I believe that his advice would be able to help most people improve if they were looking to do so.
I agree, and I appreciate your kind words <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starr

Senior Member

02-09-2013

bump, looking pretty free this week.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dj78x

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Lol. Wait till riot finds this. Economy is tough out there eh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starr

Senior Member

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78x View Post
Lol. Wait till riot finds this. Economy is tough out there eh.
Why do so many people think offering lessons for a fee is illegal? If you could read the thread riot has already "found" this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dj78x

Senior Member

02-09-2013

well if its not i would be shocked. I have never known a game company to be fine with someone else making money off of them. w/e though. Good Luck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starr

Senior Member

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78x View Post
well if its not i would be shocked. I have never known a game company to be fine with someone else making money off of them. w/e though. Good Luck.
There are many games that allow coaching/lessons. Not to mention streamers make tons of money "off" league of legends. I don't understand what you're so confused about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starr

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Bump! I'm free except on Thursday and Sunday n-n.