Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfamousOrange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-04-2013

I play Volibear all the time. Love him.
Anyone think about adding something like an attack speed debuff to this E?

While you guys are working on the bear could you throw in a skin for him? I would buy faster than you could say BRACE THE STORM!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Remember when they buffed Taric's base attack speed, and to show it off, in a patch preview they had a Taric with an inventory full of Daggers smashing things to pieces?

It feels like we're being lied to when they say Volibear's on their radar. A 5 damage increase to his E at all ranks would've been a better change.

I don't think I even get one extra attack during a full clear from this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A bouncy Furret View Post
Remember when they buffed Taric's base attack speed, and to show it off, in a patch preview they had a Taric with an inventory full of Daggers smashing things to pieces?

It feels like we're being lied to when they say Volibear's on their radar. A 5 damage increase to his E at all ranks would've been a better change.

I don't think I even get one extra attack during a full clear from this.
Totally agree my friend. Pointless change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghave

Senior Member

02-06-2013

I'm starting to think that they decided not to work on voli just yet. Really disappointing but we haven't heard anything from volty in a long time. While the sej update thread has been informed of changes that they are working on multiple times. I feel that voli changes should come before hers because he has been around longer, tho it is only a few months but still kinda sucks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fear Volibear

Senior Member

02-06-2013

As someone who mains Volibear I disagree. I think he's perfectly fine the way he is. I dominate in team fights and in laning phase just fine. The only thing I agree with is the unresponsive Q when chasing someone and sometimes he will use his W to bite someone but if they go into the fog of war as I use it it doesn't hit them. Other then that he should be left alone unless he's getting new skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

02-06-2013
14 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghave View Post
I'm starting to think that they decided not to work on voli just yet. Really disappointing but we haven't heard anything from volty in a long time. While the sej update thread has been informed of changes that they are working on multiple times. I feel that voli changes should come before hers because he has been around longer, tho it is only a few months but still kinda sucks
In fairness to Volty, he is busy putting the polishing touches on our next champion, and she's a real doozy. Don't take silence on his part as anything more than him being tied up for a while.

Also, I found the Volibear attack speed increase to be a nice buff to his jungle speed. Since it impacts his base attack speed, that is multiplied by all attack speed bonuses from abilities/items/etc. It wasn't intended to be a huge power spike, but rather a small buff for a champion that needed... a small buff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Next champ is female confirmed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
In fairness to Volty, he is busy putting the polishing touches on our next champion, and she's a real doozy. Don't take silence on his part as anything more than him being tied up for a while.
A Volty-designed Ranged AD is a good sign!

Vayne was excellent.

Although Volty usually is very quiet forum-wise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selomorbos

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
In fairness to Volty, he is busy putting the polishing touches on our next champion, and she's a real doozy. Don't take silence on his part as anything more than him being tied up for a while.

Also, I found the Volibear attack speed increase to be a nice buff to his jungle speed. Since it impacts his base attack speed, that is multiplied by all attack speed bonuses from abilities/items/etc. It wasn't intended to be a huge power spike, but rather a small buff for a champion that needed... a small buff.
Does that matter? i thought All champions have the same "base" attack speed since when you highlight it the blue number is always the same and the green number is always +. Except at level 1 for champions before the base number


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splinterheart

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Voli feels much better now imo :P
And pleeeease next champ be the female adc >_<