So my account just got banned permed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Birds

02-05-2013

All my friends (including the one who made the team name) got off the hook. I got the banhammer.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by senrath View Post
Actually, Riot has been banning summoners for inappropriate names and then giving them a name change in recent times.
The heck? Since when did they start doing this? They've always just ninja changed people's names when they were inappropriate and they finally got to them. I did take a pretty sizable break from LoL, but I just find that a really weird change of policy.

Blue Birds

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl View Post
The heck? Since when did they start doing this? They've always just ninja changed people's names when they were inappropriate and they finally got to them. I did take a pretty sizable break from LoL, but I just find that a really weird change of policy.
My friend got his name change with no ban. The tribunal system is completely broken in my opinion though. I've had tons of false reports in the past where I've literally said nothing the whole entire game. I'll admit I'm a little bad manner which mostly stems from my big ego on SC2.

I like how blizzard does it. They don't really care about people trash talking since it is part of the game. If you are offended you should be smart enough to hit mute. They don't really want to hear about the fact that you got butt hurt after you lost and decided to hit the report button.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...23465206_n.jpg

There's a complete conflict of interest with the tribunal though. You beat your opponent and then they have the ability to report you (which is essentially equal to a ban since tribunal is completely broken).

asdfghjkl 7

02-05-2013

Quote:
I think they're annoying. I still don't believe they're banworthy. I believe you are throwing this out of proportion.

Yes, the team name was stupid. The proper course of action is to force change the team name. It fits in line with how Riot has handled these cases in the past. Banning for improper names is inconsistent with what they've done in the past. When a summoner has an improper summoner name, they do not ban the summoner, but rather force change the summoner's name to something appropriate (and usually hilarious).

Streamers and high elo players say stuff like "gg son" all the time. Should all of them be banned?

You're also trying to twist my words. What matters here is not whether I find him obnoxious or not. What matters is if I feel like what he has done is worth being banned over, if what he has done is offensive enough to worth a ban. And I feel that, in a nutshell, no, he has not been offensive enough to warrant a ban.

Trashtalk is an unavoidable part of every game out there. If it's kept in line, then honestly I think it's fine. I don't trashtalk ever, and trashtalk annoys me (even when my own friends do), and I've actually dedicated a good amount of my time to teaching new players that I don't even know on my smurf accounts, but if you can't accept that it will be there to some degree then I don't know how you've survived so far as a LoL player. You will never be able to remove trashtalk from any game, ever. No company ever bans people over minor trashtalk, either.

Games 3, 4, and 5 are in no way bannable offences. It is somewhat poor behavior on the player's part in games 3 and 4, but not even remotely something close to what you should be banning someone over. Game 5 is pretty much a false report.

Game 2 was poor behavior, but imo not bannable. Game 1 was poor individual behavior, but honestly still not bannable. The team name was offensive, but as I said before, should not be an individually bannable offense.

That means absolutely nothing. There could also be more games in which he was reported for absolutely nothing, and outside of these 5 games, you have no evidence that it goes either way. This is a faulty line of logic.

I'm not even going to go into the summoner's code. It's a worthless bit of PR that says spends a really long time to say "please exhibit some common sense and decency" that you don't even have to accept in order to play. I still remember back when they first wrote it up and the negative backlash that came with it.

If you believe that one liners such as "easy", "worth", and "gg son" are bannable offenses, then let's just agree to disagree on what's bannable.
You're actually a reasonable person that I can have a discussion with, so I will actually respond to you.

I think you're letting Op off the hook for a lot. Having a stupid name is one thing, having a name that is intentionally offensive is another. If your name is something like Ihaveabigd1ck, that's a stupid name that should be changed, as it is inappropriate but not offensive. Having a racial slur as your name is something different altogether. A stupid name should be changed to something else. As offensive name is worthy of punishment.

Changing the name of a team is hardly even a slap on the wrist. It is quite easy to make a new team, and it hardly seems (although I don't know for sure) that there was a significant amount of time put into this team. making a new team loses you the couple games of progress you had. Changing your name back requires you to either buy a name change or invest a significant amount of time releveling a new account. For that reason, I don't see simply changing the team's name as an appropriate consequence given how it was created to be offensive.

Again, I would not vote to ban if I saw game 2,3 or 4 by themselves. I find the amount of trashtalk in game one to be excessive but the excuse could be made that he was very pumped in that game and it was a one time thing. But the fact that there is trashtalk in 3 other games, even if it isn't as bad shows a pattern of behavior that I find unacceptable.

A small amount of trashtalk every once in a while is ok. Taunting your opponents when you win is not ok, and Riot has made this clear. I don't like that in my games, you don't like it in yours, and the majority of the community doesn't like it either. It is not something that we have to accept, the tribunal was designed to remove players that are not behaving in a way the community agrees with.

Playing this game is a privilege, not a right. I wouldn't want to play with OP, you wouldn't want to play with OP, and a strong majority of tribunal users don't want to play with him either. Since no one wants to play with him, he gets banned and the problem is solved. The combination of all the things he did after having multiple previous bans that should have served as warnings to improve his behavior leaves me with no sympathy whatsoever for him.

senrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Not sure when, I just know of a couple of people who were asking why they were banned and a Red said "Inappropriate name, contact support to change it."

Edit: Although in those cases I think it was just "You're banned until you get your name changed."

Blue Birds

02-05-2013

So I j ust found out that I got double banned as well. Pretty sick operation you got here riot.

Dynamistic

02-05-2013

lol? what exactly is a double ban?

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

02-05-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamistic View Post
Tribunal ban + manual ban

Blue Birds

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamistic View Post
I got an email saying I was supposed to be banned for 3 days. This was like my 3rd ban or whatever. Later I get another email talking about how disciplinary action was performed on my account or the 200 year ban. I read that it was some glitch or something.

Blue Birds

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Tribunal ban + manual ban
Dang.