[Final] Digi-Art Throwdown Entry - Ahri!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxbyte

02-02-2013

Unbeknownst to the other denizens of the Rift, the lowly Spirit Stones had a far greater purpose behind their creation than to merely rejuvenate their owners slowly over time.

When the Summoners discovered the first crystalline Spirit Stone some years ago, they rejected it almost out of hand, being unable to see its true value. Ahri, on the other hand, recognized its true power immediately, as its nature was akin to her own inherent talent for stealing the life essence of others. She kept this knowledge a secret, and as soon as the Summoners' backs were turned, she stole it for herself.

Today, she silently laughs as those same foolish Summoners view the soul-stealing capabilities of Thresh's lantern with awe. They are unaware of the fact that, at its core, it is nothing more than a Spirit Stone - a lesser shard of the first Stone which Ahri has long used as the core of her infamous Orb of Deception.

So! After a ton of work, I've finally finished up my entry for the Digi-Art Throwdown!

Allow me to introduce Spirit Thief Ahri!

Those of you who saw my previous post in the forum here (Blood Moon Ahri) might recognize a few of the design decisions I've made, but as of this posting, that idea is considered defunct, as I have replaced it with this one.

If you're willing to leave me a comment, there are a few things I'd like to ask you:

1. Does this piece "read" well from a content standpoint (by which I mean, can you tell what is happening without reading my bit of backstory)?
2. Is the image too dark/contrasty on your monitors? I unfortunately have yet to invest in a good IPS panel monitor so I need some feedback here.
3. Are there aspects of the design you would change or tweak? Do you like the colors or do you find them bland?

Thanks for looking everyone!

EDIT (2/8/2013 @ 9:20 PM PST): So I decided I could easily make this piece better, and spent a few hours doing some additional rendering. The new version is attached here now.

Nidken

02-02-2013

sexy. lighting is brilliantly done as well.

if u dont mind me asking. how long have you been doing digital art for?

EDIT:
1. reads well,
2. Not on mine no
3. i like the colours XD

Foxbyte

02-03-2013

Thanks!

I've been doing digital art for awhile (I went through college as a Computer Art / Animation major), but that was almost entirely 3D work. Not to say that my experience there doesn't translate, since it definitely does - I just mean that I don't have a great deal of experience with actual painting. This is only the fourth full digital painting I've ever done.

By the way, thanks for answering my questions for me. =)

mrahsart

02-03-2013

Wonderful work

Folly Inc

02-03-2013

1. I like the way it looks =D
2. Image looks great on my monitor
3. I think her left hand could use more definition between each finger, other than that, I have no critique.

really cool concept, and it flows really well. Very cool.

Foxbyte

02-03-2013

Thanks for the kind words guys! Here's hoping for a Teemo hat... =D

marshymell0

02-04-2013

The best finished one I've seen! as for the darkness..it does look a bit too dark (like almost black) on my mointor in the grass area (I'm guessing should be more green shade) and her underlayer clothes (should be more blue than black), but that could just be my monitor

Exaelitus

02-05-2013

amazing work, keep it up body

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

02-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I love this!

Azurern

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Good job!