Fallout: New Vegas

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havenlesss

10-12-2010

7 days left $@#!

/endrant

kilikem

10-12-2010

*INSERT SUPER EXCITED FACE HERE*.....i have had it on preorder since the day i could

Lucid Dreaming

10-12-2010

VATS is bad. Combat without VATS is worse. Game is a hiking simulator with boring RPG elements and lame dialog.

Not to mention the fact that Bethesda can't write a good game engine to save their god **** lives. Both Fallout and Oblivion suffer the same problem of feeling slow and clunky no matter the specs of the PC it's running on. They must not play their own games.

Lazy Lich

10-12-2010

Eh but Hacking the **** out of Oblivion and jumping over the imperial city was fun xD

KalosCast

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Dreaming View Post
VATS is bad. Combat without VATS is worse. Game is a hiking simulator with boring RPG elements and lame dialog.

Not to mention the fact that Bethesda can't write a good game engine to save their god **** lives. Both Fallout and Oblivion suffer the same problem of feeling slow and clunky no matter the specs of the PC it's running on. They must not play their own games.
Have hope, my son. Bethesda isn't the developer, Obsidian is. Obsidian was created (and is still staffed by) a number of refugees from the studio that made the original Fallout games.

Hold strong, for they are our only hope...

Uccisore

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Dreaming View Post

You sound like a Borderlands player.

Anyway, I loved everything about Fallout 3 except for the fact it was a Bethesda game, and thus crashed/glitched/freaked out constantly like Bethesda games always do. It'll be interesting to see if a different developer can get around that.

EDIT: Oh, the other thing I didn't like was the difficulty scaling, which is another problem Bethesda games have. If you read about New Vegas' 'hardcore mode' or whatever it's called, it sounds like exactly the kind of thing I want.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-13-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'm hella excited. But I liked the combat in Fallout: Tactics more than it in FO3. That said, Chris Avellone (FO2) is running the show for FO:NV, so I'm crazy excited.

Xetvenen

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalosCast View Post
Have hope, my son. Bethesda isn't the developer, Obsidian is. Obsidian was created (and is still staffed by) a number of refugees from the studio that made the original Fallout games.

Hold strong, for they are our only hope...

Actually, Obsidian is Biowares 'B-team'.

From what I've seen it's FO3, but in a different city. and FO3 was 'meh' when compared to the original Fallout and Fallout 2. FO3 was a big disappointment for me.

It was a feeling similar to "holy ****! Patrick Stewart is in Oblivion!" only to find out he talks for a total of about 2 minutes, then dies

Now if Bioware themselves did the project, that would be reason to droll over it, as even Biowares worst games are still pretty good.

*continues to wait for ME3 anxiously*

Kephael

10-13-2010

I don't like the turn based stuff that isn't evident. Oblivion didn't feel like it was turn based under the hood.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

10-13-2010

Fallout died when they canceled Van Buren, plain and simple. This "Fallout 3" we have now is just a re-hash of Oblivion that was unoriginal and lacking any imagination.