Man... Sion's model is terrible.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Just got out of a custom cause I wanted to troll around with ravenous hydra on AD sion. Zoomed in on his model and I was like "wtf... when did I turn my character detail on low"

It was on highest.

Yep. Looked at the Graves, Wukong, Xin bots and they just... look good. Crisp colors, good facial features, don't look that out of place in today's games' graphics. Not the best, but certainly not bad at all.

Sion literally looks like he's from a different game. His colors are all blurry and opaque, his axe is a single shade of red. You can't see his facial features at all, and he looks goofy hobbling around with his arms straight up and down and that terrible skeleton arm that is basically his recolored other arm.

I know Sivir is bad too guys. But seriously... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sion needs it more. Plus his kit is just awkward. But lets leave his kit out of this.

Go forth. Turn on your character quality settings on highest and compare Sion to any other champion. See for yourself.

Roit rework pls.

TheDraco4011

02-05-2013

Agreed Sion doesnt even look like he belongs in the game.

magePao

02-05-2013

pantheon

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-05-2013
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?

Icebender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

They say that Sion is one of the highest priorities, but because they usually change the model when they're changing Sion's gameplay, they haven't quite finished yet mainly cause they're probably still experimenting which skills and plays works well on him

Edit: Hi RiotAmes!

Edit: Hello, Icebender!

Henry Plainview

02-05-2013

I hate everything about Sion.

Iron Solari

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
Sion needs a rework in both aspects. I mean if he is a mage WHERE IS HIS HAT?

Cytus

02-05-2013

Quote:
I would say he needs to be some sort of hybrid mage due to his kit, but his lore counters that completely.

Krystalmyth

02-05-2013

Quote:
I think Sion should definitely look a bit different~ more undead. Actually... Ames, to be honest, I'm "fairly" new at the game, since about Summer '12.... and I had no idea Sion was undead until very recently.

Like someone said that Sion has that hidden ability with Leona because of Plants vs Zombies. I went, Sion is a zombie? He doesn't look anything like a Zombie really... I thought he was just a big demon of some sort...

I would definitely try to bring out the more undead aspects of him, even make him a bit lankier. KEEP the axe though.

DCode

02-05-2013

Quote:
would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
Yes. He looks ok and his kit is ok, if he goes AD he chop chops if he goes AP he gazes and pops.

1234511 ... 33