@Yegg I thought the system tries to put you in a Divison with friends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerosk83

02-04-2013

bump

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The system tries to put you into the league that has the highest number of your friends. However, popular leagues will eventually become completely full, and you might have to be placed into a different league that has fewer friends in it. I'm guessing that's what happened here, because the friend seeding is enabled for initial league placement.

Having the system favor friends that you queue with frequently is a good idea and a potential future upgrade.

Capt BonerHard

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
The system tries to put you into the league that has the highest number of your friends. However, popular leagues will eventually become completely full, and you might have to be placed into a different league that has fewer friends in it. I'm guessing that's what happened here, because the friend seeding is enabled for initial league placement.

Having the system favor friends that you queue with frequently is a good idea and a potential future upgrade.
i have like 30 friends and non of them are on my league .... sad

Arctic Bro

02-05-2013

Queuing up with friends in blind is fun

Cha0sniper

02-05-2013

On the subject of future upgrades, is there any way we could get the option to easily find out the rankings of our friends from the league page, rather than having to dig through our friends list and visit each profile manually? I'd kind of like to find out if any of my friends are actually in my particular league.

Zerosk83

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post

Thanks for answering!

Hmm... maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Is there a way to make your friends more easily identifiable when looking at divisions? Like add a small icon the same way there is a "hot streak" and "recently joined this league" icon.

Edit: Or even add a section in your stats that shows some of your most commonly faced opponents! I know I've faced the same summoner a few times before. It would be cool to see how I stack up against him/her.