Division Dropping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saucy Platypus

02-04-2013

If you have 0 league points and lose in the division you're in you shouldnt drop divisions.

I've went from Silver 3 to Silver 5 because I lost two games in a row due to one reason or another...

I was steadily climbing ELO and one loss meant I only needed one win to get it back. Now one loss means I need 10+ wins to get back to that same spot? I don't know if this was intended or not but it surely doesn't make me want to play ranked anymore....

Finalgyro

02-04-2013

.... you don't drop divisions.

xQueenie

Recruiter

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalgyro View Post
.... you don't drop divisions.
Yes, you do. I was in Silver Division 1, lost a game because my jungler never connected, and got dropped down to Silver Division 2. I think that if you're going to lose a division, it should at least only drop you to 100 points, and not straight to 0. That way you have a chance to play those 3 games and get back to your division.

Selcopa

02-05-2013

They are tweaking the system to make it a little more difficult to drop divisions, but you don't drop divisions for a single loss currently, you are not telling the whole story.

Fajalah

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
They are tweaking the system to make it a little more difficult to drop divisions, but you don't drop divisions for a single loss currently, you are not telling the whole story.
I dropped a division after my first loss at 0 LP. What evidence are you basing your information on? It bothers me when people assume they know. I do believe this wasn't intentional and that Riot is working to fix it. Too bad the damage has already been done

Selcopa

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajalah View Post
I dropped a division after my first loss at 0 LP. What evidence are you basing your information on? It bothers me when people assume they know. I do believe this wasn't intentional and that Riot is working to fix it. Too bad the damage has already been done
Riot has posted that this is simply impossible. I saw it on reddit hold on let me find it.

DemonĂ¯k

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQueenie View Post
I think that if you're going to lose a division, it should at least only drop you to 100 points, and not straight to 0.
It doesn't drop you to 0 points when you drop a division, it drops you to 50 points. My friend was Bronze II and dropped to Bronze III with 50 points. A few games later he was back in promotional to get back to Bronze II. The new system is much better than the old one IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Riot has posted that this is simply impossible. I saw it on reddit hold on let me find it.
My friend dropped to 0 points, lost 1 game at 0 points and was dropped to Bronze III so whoever says it's not possible is wrong. It could be different, however, if you were never above 0 points to begin with... I don't know about that.

When you get promoted up a division they start you back at 0 points so I can't imagine that losing 1 game at 0 points, when you were never above 0 in that Division, would drop you back down otherwise if you lost your first game in the new Division you would immediately get demoted.

PsyBlast

02-05-2013

fellas droping divisions is related to your hidden MMR it is possible to drop down with a single loss as not droping down with 10. the system drops you out of a division when your MMR is far below the average for that division

so this explains everyone's issues, i too droped divisions yeserday due to people that never connected, 7 GAMES! (coincidence ?.. perhaps..)

uKirito

02-05-2013

This is certainly happening, and it is ridiculous. How can this have ever been thought of as a good idea...Twice now, I have climbed back to Silver 1, after dropping to Silver 2 in the first place from winning 3 games, then losing 3 and it dropped me a division. And each time I have made it back to Silver 1, if you lose your FIRST GAME, you IMMEDIATELY drop back down to silver 2 with 50 points. So I gained 50 points, and won 2 out of 3 games, only to have the next game determine whether or not I can stay in the division. Basically, if you have a negative record within your first 3-5 games, you will drop a division. So instead of a best 2 out of 3 promotional games...you go through the standard 2 of 3, then have a harder string of games where if you lose, you drop the back to the division you just worked your way out of, AND lose 50 points. I cannot believe they start you back at 50 points when you fall back to a division that you are only 2 games out of...You are completely shooting yourself in the foot by winning the promotional matches if you will be unable to win above 50% for the next few games AND win your first game. It is just ****ing ridiculous and frustrating. Why is it so easy to fall if it is so hard to climb, it makes no sense.

Sajitarius

02-05-2013

Seriously Riot? Are you kidding me? I lose 2 games after I make division 1 (1 legit loss and 1 with a racism/ping spamming troll that refuses to play) and I get booted back to division 2 with 50 pts..... 5 wins negated with 2 losses? WTF IS THIS ****?? Way to piss me off, that is such ****. Really. Terrible idea. Makes me really not want to play this game.