I notice a distinct lack of demons in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wendek

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.

Because Kayle and Morgana are not totally cliché ? Then why is Morgana portrayed as completely evil in every part of the lore except her own ? (and even then, her voice lines are much more evil thatn I'd expect from someone who is trying to save her people...)
We saw that once more with the "Aether Wing Kayle" skin where she's again portrayed as completely angelic while Morgana is shown as "evil".

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.
I thought this was kind of the void niche as far as the art style goes.

N49

02-02-2013

Demons are kinda lame, and we got Void monsters, which are infinetly cooler.

What we really need is this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post34211585

Anymeese

Master Recruiter

02-02-2013

Quote:

I like this. However Arclight Varus and Aether Wing Kayle (the art/style at least) say otherwise.. :/ Cool skins, but I can't help looking at Arclight Varus and immediately remember Act 4 of Diablo 3 (and act 5 in d2). Likewise, I can't help ALWAYS being reminded of the Protoss when i see Aether Wing Kayle, Nova (the ghost in starcraft) in Steel Legion Lux, and Jim Raynor in Steel Legion Garen.
Theyre all really cool skins, but they're just too similar to popular games to not constantly think of the reference

Leboniz

02-02-2013

if you do a demon champ could it be one of the really slick, intelligent ones? I've always favored those over the pure brute demons.

Alyran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I always assumed what came out of the Void were essentially LoL's demons.

IcySlayer

02-02-2013

I wounder why no one hs pointed out that shaco is form another realm(JoJ shaco said it from his intervene) Also doesn't fiddle sticks count as a demon too?

Gixia

02-02-2013

I always just kinda assumed the Void champions were the LoL equivalent to demons. Certainly, everytime I look at Cho'Gath, he looks pretty demonic.

kitae

Lead Designer

02-04-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendek View Post
Because Kayle and Morgana are not totally cliché ? Then why is Morgana portrayed as completely evil in every part of the lore except her own ? (and even then, her voice lines are much more evil thatn I'd expect from someone who is trying to save her people...)
We saw that once more with the "Aether Wing Kayle" skin where she's again portrayed as completely angelic while Morgana is shown as "evil".
I agree that Morgana's sympathetic side is not really executed on well outside of her lore, that is an area I'd like us to improve.

Syztem

02-04-2013

Quote:

Archetypes like good and evil, and their symbolic images in angels and demons respectively never get old.

Seriously, I hope Riot does not really have this mentality... Pure chaos born demons, and bastions of good angels are some of the most badass things you can get in any medium!