New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dixxen Cider

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonte View Post
Please let me know if someone answers this question. This example sounds like a huge problem that can develop with this system. Losing that many points and taking 2-4 games to get back to where you were is extremely frustrating and would deter most people. Has to be some leway for solo/duo que since thats where most of the trolling is found, especially the rage quitters.
If someone responds to me I will certainly let you know. It's literally the most frustrating thing I have ever experience with league and I've been loyal to the this game for so long

Chake14u

02-04-2013

Hi.
I'm kind of disappointed with the ranking to be honest.

I've won 6 games in a row, from 0-93 *by the way, my last two got me 7 points in total*, I lose once and I'm dropped twenty points to 74 points. What the heck!

I should've never dropped that much from losing one game when I played consistently well in a row.

Fix this please, I can't fix it personally or else I would've already.

John Cover

02-04-2013

It bothers me that I can only see my instanced-off league. I feel disconnected from the community when I'm unable to see where the rest of the population is allocated within the league system.

Also, I think your efforts to reduce "ladder anxiety" with permanent league promotion is counterintuitive if your goal is to have a competitive ranked environment. Anxiety, or the feeling of "I have something to lose here", is an integral part of competition. We can't all be winners.

John Cover

02-04-2013

It bothers me that I can only see my instanced-off league. I feel disconnected from the community when I'm unable to see where the rest of the population is allocated within the league system.

Also, I think your efforts to reduce "ladder anxiety" with permanent league promotion is counter-intuitive if your goal is to have a competitive ranked environment. Anxiety, or the feeling of "I have something to lose here", is an integral part of competition. We can't all be winners.

Geodude93

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Hey so I sent in a ticket, but was told put my problem here.

I spent about 4 hours last night ranking and specifically remember getting from 82 to 91 to 94 to 96 to 97. I played those 4 games and I noticed that I was increasing LP at a decreasing interval. Then, I lost one game and dropped to 77 (30 mins). I understand if LP increases slower the higher you are, but I don't understand why I dropped such a significant amount. One game completely invalidated the 3 hours and 30 minutes I devoted. That left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Getting to the point, I'm asking if there will be a more proportionate and reasonable win/loss LP system or whether that's being looked into.

I hope you answer my question. Thanks.

emonte

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude93 View Post
Hey so I sent in a ticket, but was told put my problem here.

I spent about 4 hours last night ranking and specifically remember getting from 82 to 91 to 94 to 96 to 97. I played those 4 games and I noticed that I was increasing LP at a decreasing interval. Then, I lost one game and dropped to 77 (30 mins). I understand if LP increases slower the higher you are, but I don't understand why I dropped such a significant amount. One game completely invalidated the 3 hours and 30 minutes I devoted. That left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Getting to the point, I'm asking if there will be a more proportionate and reasonable win/loss LP system or whether that's being looked into.

I hope you answer my question. Thanks.
I dont think they have a answer or even a response to this, other then "shrug".

Doomedaim

02-04-2013

Reminds me of the laddering system they have in Starcraft.

jhoppy

02-04-2013

Jhoppy here wondering is there something wrong with my account or not because when i reached 89 points and won another game I got to 93 points. Receiving only 4 points. Then after that won another game and got total of 95 points. Receiving total of 2 points. Then another ranked match and won and received only 2 points again, with a total of 97 points. I've been receiving small points. Just wondering if this is normal. Thank You

Yhufir

02-05-2013

I think what's troubling a few of us (I'm sure it troubles a lot of us - but some of us have more cause than others to be aggitated) is that a single loss, after - or during a long string of wins (like in my case around 8) counts as much in the negative as the whole win streak. I believe this statement mainly applies to the wins and LP as you near the 100 LP mark.

This proves to me that Elo/MMR/LP have nothing to do with individual performance. This seems unfair, in solo play where 60-80% of my score is dependent on people I have never played with before, don't know, and might never play with again.

Mithos73

02-05-2013

the other day, i had earned 100 points in bronze division 1 to enter the promotion series to bump up into the silver league. i won my first match in the series, and lost my second. after that lose, which should have put 1-1 in a best of 5 series, dropped me completely out of the promotion series and all the way down to 62 points as if i had failed the whole series. this is grossly unfair this system is so broken its not even funny. i opened a ticked and all i got was a response saying to visit the FAQ page and thanks for playing. its a giant load of horsecrap i put in a lot of time to get high enough for a promotion in a terrible elo with a lot of leavers and trolls and then its all taken away by a random glitch and they refuse to comment on it. unacceptable.