Can gangplank still be built as a critcannon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samenko

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sound View Post
My preferred build is:

Boots (usually Merc's)
Warmogs
GA
Infinity Edge
Triforce
Atma's

I run crit red's on him as well, end up with a 58% crit chance. The only problem is armor pen, but honestly I just try to focus squishies first.

EDIT: If you want to be manly, substitute Last Whisper for GA.
No armor pen makes me sad.

IonDragonX

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimoireM View Post
Try Avarice Blade into Statik Shiv. It gives enough waveclear for your needs and the burst proc on a crit is strong early on.
Actually, you can buy a 2nd Avarice Blade right after that and keep stacking crit.
The PBE has Executioner's Calling at 20% Crit right now.

Pyrinoc

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
But against someone like Evelynn, Ori, maybe even katarina? I'd say he stands a fairly decent chance.
Take him mid against a Kassadin. It's pure hilarity.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Actually, you can buy a 2nd Avarice Blade right after that and keep stacking crit.
The PBE has Executioner's Calling at 20% Crit right now.
Would rather turn that into a Youmou's for the Armor pen to further blow up squishies or Atmog's. With Warmogs, you get to about a BF's sword of Dmg. The armor will help to stay around a little bit longer. Not to mention it's quite gold efficient.

Randomocity132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
just the fact that you can cleanse his DoT is kinda mean for Malz.
Ummm.....oranges cleanse CC, not DoT. It wouldn't do anything against Malz's visions.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomocity132 View Post
Ummm.....oranges cleanse CC, not DoT. It wouldn't do anything against Malz's visions.
indeed! Not sure why I confused that with QSS. going back to correct.

Sorgklaan

02-04-2013

So I tried gangplank with Shiv, gauntlet, and hydra.

He was doing SO much damage, I almost felt OP because I would shoot somebody and every squishy in the area was taken down to half health.

was badass.

Sorgklaan

02-04-2013

Gah, I can't get over the damage it does. It takes him some time to get going, but wow.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

played gp mid earlier today. Dominated and zoned a teemo very badly. Unfortunately I could not solo the entire team as the other opponents got fed pretty well and my teammates just couldnt handle their team. I all but, had a penta but my friend didn't let me get the last hit on the last person . I should have just gone hit and run mode at the end but, didnt so failed at carrying my team

Ramenbunny

02-04-2013

I play alot of gp top as crit plank.

I start off with flash, ward and red pot. you won't do much dmg until 6 so farm safely.
I then build statikshiv, phage, boots, and the rest of triforce. Warmogs, and then the last item is up to you frozen mallet is good too.

as for boots, i would build the armor ones or merc trades.
I farm alot easily when i rush shiv and my ult is really handy in stealing dragons and assisting other ganks from other lanes. The cd on gp ult is not very long so you can use that to farm if your lane is pushed while youre at base with no tp.

Just make sure to get movement speed quints as they do help! <3