Can gangplank still be built as a critcannon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
true to form just played a game against a good kennen who just wave cleared and roamed. Blind pick makes gangplank sad.

To the gentleman questioning base stats.

HP values

GP : 495
Eve : 414
Karthus: 390
Katarina: 395
Ryze: 360

that and he starts with 54 AD, on par with Renek / Xin / olaf.

Granted his HP scaling isn't fantastic. Will need to practice this more but it could be a fun niche pick.
Try Avarice Blade into Statik Shiv. It gives enough waveclear for your needs and the burst proc on a crit is strong early on.

SoberToaster

02-04-2013

GP needs a buff.
he's just not good at anything anymore.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimoireM View Post
Try Avarice Blade into Statik Shiv. It gives enough waveclear for your needs and the burst proc on a crit is strong early on.
Agreed. I held on to it for to long. Would've rather gone with another item than hydra in that match up or if I was farther ahead. Likely iceborn to slow down the kennen / vi and instagib the ashe.

DanteTheBroken

02-04-2013

Quote:
Agreed. I held on to it for to long. Would've rather gone with another item than hydra in that match up or if I was farther ahead. Likely iceborn to slow down the kennen / vi and instagib the ashe.
Or try for all of them Hydra + Shiv + Iceborn proc all on Parrrrrrrrrley gives you an effective ranged AOE spell.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
He also gets the bonus parrrley gold for minions killed with Shiv's electricity

DucktickIer

02-04-2013

I think GP is actually decent with tele. He just supports the team so well with his global presence.
Start by going either statik or Hydra and then completing the one you didn't get. Become a farming god.
Get tanky. End it by going Inf edge.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
He also gets the bonus parrrley gold for minions killed with Shiv's electricity
Same for Hydra if I recall correctly. ( may be way off ) makes for an interesting splash of gold when you crit a full wave. Scrooge Mcduck would be jealous of bankplank.

Sorgklaan

02-04-2013

Quote:
Same for Hydra if I recall correctly. ( may be way off ) makes for an interesting splash of gold when you crit a full wave. Scrooge Mcduck would be jealous of bankplank.

Going to try this.

AlienFromBeyond

02-04-2013

Quote:
Correct, not to mention the Iceborn Gauntlet AoE. AoEplank = bankplank.

Legendary Drew

02-04-2013

just get minnions who are close together all low health and you can use the aoe from those items to get parlay gold on 2 or 3 minnions each time.